ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 pm

huqqapani wrote:
saanju9 wrote:it is totally serving its purpose...if you want to check the time line...all you need to do is go to the skydrive..

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... 5&authkey=

Please see this link for the timelines.. also please update them as required

please don't open up a new thread because you can't find where to look for... and yes these queries about documents are very important and many people's sole purpose to come to this forum is to enquire about them
saanju

if this thread is to discuss ILRissues then the title 'timelines' is misleading. Also a question about Skydrive, how often is it updated and who does it.

Skydive is Amazing; is there any for PR ( EU )?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr approved

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

shaik719 wrote:Alhamdulillah got my ilr today in Ramadan
Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Thanks to all who share there experiences on this forum hope for good to the members waiting for their ilr
Thanks to damanishallo and smshad for your help brothers
Shaik719

Congrats for ILR. Alhamdulillah. It seems that timescales for Long Residence application is somewhat improving.

Could you kindly share your immigration history. Was it a straightforward case ?

jony_dhaka

Re: What happen if we do not have employment in certain peri

Post by jony_dhaka » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Don't worry too much..I think you will be ok . The difference between 540 and 590 days is not that much . In spacial circumstance home office compromise that . If i was you i would go to a solicitor and ask for a advice . They will probably make a covering latter for you .Try to Apply before 18th of October.

Note : Home office take gap time very seriously .
Babuska wrote:Hi Jony,

Many thanks for letting me know. If counting from the first entry to 10 years long ... then I have more than 540 days out the UK. What you suggest me to do now? I'm still have legal visa T1 valid by Jun 2016 and extendable for 2 years more.
jony_dhaka wrote:Events that break continuous residence Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK.

Spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period.

Note : This 540 days count from when you first enter the uk then after 10 years .

Page 13

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Babuska wrote:Hi ppycrmt:

Just check, last 11 years (2002-2013), out UK more than 590 days.
Last 10 years (counting 2003-2013), out the UK 530 days. Longest period out is 77 days for summer holiday between A level and Bsc enrolment.

If applying under 10 years long, shall we count 10 years back from the application date and 530 days out will qualified with term "10 years long residence" or not?

If I do apply after 28 Oct 2013, do I need to resit for English test if I got BSc, MSc,.. all in UK institutions?
:( :(

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:45 pm

huqqapani wrote:
Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Thanks to all who share there experiences on this forum hope for good to the members waiting for their ilr
Shaik719

Congrats for ILR. Alhamdulillah. It seems that timescales for Long Residence application is somewhat improving.

Could you kindly share your immigration history. Was it a straightforward case ?
Only problem I've was court fine but it was a civil case and I confirm with the case worker about it when I extend my t1 general in Sheffield Peo. I was eligible for 10yrs ilr in jan but don't want to take chance of delays so extended my t1 visa and applied for 10yrs ilr. Apart from this problem my immigration histroy is perfect always extended b4 expired. Not stayed outside more than 235 days and max was 66 days at one go. All in and out stamps on passport as well. So only worry was the court fine but didn't effect at the end bro

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:22 pm

shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Shaik719

Only problem I've was court fine but it was a civil case and I confirm with the case worker about it when I extend my t1 general in Sheffield Peo. I was eligible for 10yrs ilr in jan but don't want to take chance of delays so extended my t1 visa and applied for 10yrs ilr. Apart from this problem my immigration histroy is perfect always extended b4 expired. Not stayed outside more than 235 days and max was 66 days at one go. All in and out stamps on passport as well. So only worry was the court fine but didn't effect at the end bro
I submitted my application last week for 10 years ilr. The only concern I have is motoring conviction IN10 back in 2008. I was given 6 points and 200 fine. My immigration history is good all applications in time and no refusals in 10 years. Fingers crossed.

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 pm

huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Shaik719

I submitted my application last week for 10 years ilr. The only concern I have is motoring conviction IN10 back in 2008. I was given 6 points and 200 fine. My immigration history is good all applications in time and no refusals in 10 years. Fingers crossed.
You are convicted of criminal offence means you pleaded guilty in court so you come under rehabilitation act 1974 where you have to spend 5years after your court fine. You said it happen in 2008 then I hope you finish 5yrs from your fine in court not offence date. The fine is ok as long as its not given in court. So if you get fine directly from police for motoring offence then you only need to spent 24months after the fine date. Hope you have finished your 5yrs bro. It should not show in your crb not even in enhance crb this is a genaral grounds for 10yrs ilr so hope you understand this bro

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 pm

shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
Shaik719

You are convicted of criminal offence means you pleaded guilty in court so you come under rehabilitation act 1974 where you have to spend 5years after your court fine. You said it happen in 2008 then I hope you finish 5yrs from your fine in court not offence date. The fine is ok as long as its not given in court. So if you get fine directly from police for motoring offence then you only need to spent 24months after the fine date. Hope you have finished your 5yrs bro. It should not show in your crb not even in enhance crb this is a genaral grounds for 10yrs ilr so hope you understand this bro
O no, I wish i had have asked this before I posted my application. I was convicted in October 2008 so clearly not 5 years. Have I lost £1051 down the drain ? Really upset now??

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 pm

huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote: Only problem I've was court fine but it was a civil case and I confirm with the case worker about it when I extend my t1 general in Sheffield Peo. I was eligible for 10yrs ilr in jan but don't want to take chance of delays so extended my t1 visa and applied for 10yrs ilr. Apart from this problem my immigration histroy is perfect always extended b4 expired. Not stayed outside more than 235 days and max was 66 days at one go. All in and out stamps on passport as well. So only worry was the court fine but didn't effect at the end bro
O no, I wish i had have asked this before I posted my application. I was convicted in October 2008 so clearly not 5 years. Have I lost £1051 down the drain ? Really upset now??
I think you will be fine bro coz its taking min 4months to get ilr and by the time you get yours it will be november so don't worry you will be fine. One of my friend was in same situation but he won in appeal. So hope for good don't worry mate

vaz
Newly Registered

Re: Lost my old passport

Post by vaz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
vaz wrote:I am on tier 1 general and have been living in uk from past 10 years. My Tier 1 visa is ending on july 2016. As i am eligible for ILR for long residency, i thought of applying, but the problem is I have lost my previous passport which contained all my visas. And even i cant recall the dates I have been out of country. I do meet all the criteria for 10 years legal residency except once my application was sent back with payment problem, and later same week i re-applied and got the visa.

I am not able to find any solution for lost passport and to calculate days i was abroad. Please guide me.

Thank you
You can make a request using SAR Form against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.

I Have got my SAR file but it has only couple of visa copies, all my visa applications and UKBA acknowledgment letters.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 pm

shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
I think you will be fine bro coz its taking min 4months to get ilr and by the time you get yours it will be november so don't worry you will be fine. One of my friend was in same situation but he won in appeal. So hope for good don't worry mate
i was hoping for my application to be considered earlier but now i am praying that they consider mine in October/November.
Worst case scenario, if it does get refused and i appeal, how long could the whole process take. i mean from the time of appeal to actual hearing etc. ?

GURUS, can you please tell me what is likely to happen please ?

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:59 pm

huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote: You are convicted of criminal offence means you pleaded guilty in court so you come under rehabilitation act 1974 where you have to spend 5years after your court fine. You said it happen in 2008 then I hope you finish 5yrs from your fine in court not offence date. The fine is ok as long as its not given in court. So if you get fine directly from police for motoring offence then you only need to spent 24months after the fine date. Hope you have finished your 5yrs bro. It should not show in your crb not even in enhance crb this is a genaral grounds for 10yrs ilr so hope you understand this bro
i was hoping for my application to be considered earlier but now i am praying that they consider mine in October/November.
Worst case scenario, if it does get refused and i appeal, how long could the whole process take. i mean from the time of appeal to actual hearing etc. ?

Appeal process is around 3months mate but wait for seniors to comment

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:21 pm

shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:
shaik719 wrote:
huqqapani wrote:

Appeal process is around 3months mate but wait for seniors to comment
Gurus/Seniors
Please comment on this as i am really concerned about this. I have seen this post with similar conviction in 2009 and ILR was granted. Please come back to me on this seniors.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=in10

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 am

Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Congrats, can you please list the documents you sent?

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 am

raholptl wrote:
Applied on 20/03/13
Acknowledgement 22/03/13
Ilr approved 30/07/13
Congrats, can you please list the documents you sent?
Thanks all passports liuk test certificate any convictions if you have 3 months statements but don't need to if you don't have bank statements

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 am

huqqapani wrote: Gurus/Seniors
Please comment on this as i am really concerned about this. I have seen this post with similar conviction in 2009 and ILR was granted. Please come back to me on this seniors.
Oh ok...not long ago some one is banging on to keep this thread fact based.. and here we go a day later the same person is jumping up and down with mourning stuff... I told you I will remind you this ... but I didn't thought that will be so quick

coming to the point

the person in the example have covered only 4 yrs
and you have nearly been 5 years....

So I think (as someone else already said) your application will take time to get into the hands of caseworker... so it will be the discretionary of the caseworker here...And most of the cases as we have seen here in the past 12 months have been considered with bit lenience...

So hope of the best and pray the God you believe in...

the other option you have is to withdraw now and reapply in Oct....
I think in that case you will loose your fee I guess

So if I were in your shoes I would just leave it as of now and if gets refused you can reapply immediately because you will be off the 5 yrs period

I have a gut feeling you will be alright...I think you will just make it on the borderline

Dont worry too much

Saanju

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

huqqapani wrote:
Gurus/Seniors
Just read the whole story again

you do not need to worry at all according to that story ... because the rules have changed... its only 2 years according to that person...

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi guys sad news for my sister in law died , cant do any visa in process , please pray for me

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

huqqapani wrote:O no, I wish i had have asked this before I posted my application. I was convicted in October 2008 so clearly not 5 years. Have I lost £1051 down the drain ? Really upset now??
I think you should be alrite. The points/convictions are usually lifted after 3 yrs. However, it takes 5 yrs to clear off your record. Refer to Page 16 of this document and 4 yrs as per Gov.uk
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
huqqapani wrote:O no, I wish i had have asked this before I posted my application. I was convicted in October 2008 so clearly not 5 years. Have I lost £1051 down the drain ? Really upset now??
I think you should be alrite. The points/convictions are usually lifted after 3 yrs. However, it takes 5 yrs to clear off your record. Refer to Page 16 of this document and 4 yrs as per Gov.uk
thanks saanju and damanishallo

my only concern is the fine, it seems that it takes 5 years for it to become spent and in my case it hasn't been 5 years. I'm seriously relying on discretion if cw takes into account the application date or the date he/she processes my application end of October.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi guys sad news for my sister in law died , cant do any visa in process , please pray for me

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 am

Hi guys please keep me in your prayers it is hard time in my life special ly in uk compared to last 12 years, my sister in law died cant go due visa , 12year legally waiting from October application is pending ,

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ilr under process

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 am

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:17 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi guys sad news for my sister in law died , cant do any visa in process , please pray for me

Sorry for your loss Amjad! Did you contact your MP? this s an emergency!!

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi guys sad news for my sister in law died , cant do any visa in process , please pray for me
Sorry about ur situation. But please be Patience.
Hope you are in process of contacting MP/HO.

nhbloke
Newly Registered

Need Advice.......Please Help

Post by nhbloke » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm

My visa history:
Entry Clearance issued 09 Sep 2003 (Entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003)
7 Years student visas (2003-2010) + 3 Years Tier 2 (2010-2013)
All on time applications and No refusals in the last ten year
Current Tier 2 leave expiring on 31 Aug 2013

As I entered the UK on 20 Sep 2003, I would qualify to apply for ILR 10 Yr Long residence on 24 Aug 2013 (28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013).

Some people have said to me that I can not apply for ILR (SET (LR) on 24 Aug 2013, reason being, though 24 Aug 2013 is 28 days before completing 10 years on 20 Sep 2013, I do not have leave till 20 Sep 2013 as my current leave is expiring on 31 Aug 2013. They say I need to apply for an extension at least until 20 Sep 2013 and then apply for ILR.

What I understand is that a person is eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before they complete qualifying residence period and that they should have valid leave on the day which they apply; in my case being 24 Aug 2013 and valid leave till 31 Aug 2013.

Can you please clarify which is correct? I am really confused.

Many thanks