ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

USA Visa support

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goto_venkat
India

USA Visa support

Post by goto_venkat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 am

Hi,

I have an British passport and I need to visit USA for a business trip.My first question is, Do I need to apply for any visa?
Also, I want to take my wife along with me she is having an ILR dependent visa in UK. So for which Visa should we apply for her.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 am

You can apply for an ESTA online for the USA.

What passport / nationality is your wife? If she is always requires a visa for the USA, she will need to apply for one from the embassy about 2 months or so before she intends to travel. Look at the embassy website for the information you need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:43 am

My wife is having an Indian passport. Should she apply for an travel visa?
CR001 wrote:You can apply for an ESTA online for the USA.

What passport / nationality is your wife? If she is always requires a visa for the USA, she will need to apply for one from the embassy about 2 months or so before she intends to travel. Look at the embassy website for the information you need.

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:48 am

Do we need to plan our trip first before applying for an ESTA?
goto_venkat wrote:My wife is having an Indian passport. Should she apply for an travel visa?
CR001 wrote:You can apply for an ESTA online for the USA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:45 am

For an ESTA, you will need to include your flight and hotel details. An ESTA costs about £9 and you used be able to get one on arrival in the USA but think you have to do the online application now (at least I did for my boss a couple of months ago).

For your wife, you will need a visa and the details of her travel itinerary. USA visas can take time so make sure you submit her application at the embassy in time.

http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

You have also posted in the wrong section of the forum. Have a look at the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=24
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heavens
Newly Registered

Post by heavens » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

I have a quick question as well if someone can please answer this. My mother lives in USA (she has got green card) with my brother and his family who all are US citizens. I am BC by naturlization and want to visit USA to see my mother. Now if I apply ETSA, will I get it easily ? I am asking this question because my visa application for USA was refused about 9 years ago when I was on different nationality.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 am

heavens wrote:I have a quick question as well if someone can please answer this. My mother lives in USA (she has got green card) with my brother and his family who all are US citizens. I am BC by naturlization and want to visit USA to see my mother. Now if I apply ETSA, will I get it easily ? I am asking this question because my visa application for USA was refused about 9 years ago when I was on different nationality.
You would need to contact the USA Embassy to find out and get clarity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

barker

Post by barker » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:30 am

Heavens,

You will not be able to apply for an ESTA as you have been refused a US visa in the past. You will need to apply for a visa through the embassy. If you go to the ESTA website and enter your details it will direct you to the embassy after you answer the questions on there