ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my wife from India as my dependent [Tier 2(General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sussexguy

Bringing my wife from India as my dependent [Tier 2(General)

Post by sussexguy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:16 pm

I have a simple question for you. I am currently in the UK under Tier 2(General) category, working for a university, as a researcher, on a fixed term contract with leave to remain permission till Dec 2014.

I wish to bring my wife as my dependent, from India. We got married last month and have a marriage certificate from WB, India officials.

As a supporting documents, I am providing the following:
-Letter of support from me
-Letter from university HR, confirming my post, salary, VISA status and a declaration of undertaking that the school will provide up to £600 as a first month's maintenance to my wife
-Original payslips since January 2013
-Original tenancy agreement
-Bank statements

I have not maintained £600 continuously for three months. I do have other online savings etc, for which my bank does not issue paper statements. My questions are:

- DO I have all necessary documents?
- Is it important to have maintained £600 on my bank (present balance more than £600) when my employer (university being a A-rated sponsor) has declared that it will support the maintenance?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Bringing my wife from India as my dependent [Tier 2(Gene

Post by manci » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm

sussexguy wrote:I - Is it important to have maintained £600 on my bank (present balance more than £600) when my employer (university being a A-rated sponsor) has declared that it will support the maintenance?
No evidence of funds is required for your wife if your sponsor certifies maintenance for her in writing.

See paras 52-53 of the PBS Dependant guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

sussexguy

Re: Bringing my wife from India as my dependent [Tier 2(Gene

Post by sussexguy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 am

manci wrote:
sussexguy wrote:I - Is it important to have maintained £600 on my bank (present balance more than £600) when my employer (university being a A-rated sponsor) has declared that it will support the maintenance?
No evidence of funds is required for your wife if your sponsor certifies maintenance for her in writing.

See paras 52-53 of the PBS Dependant guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
Thanks Manci. Do you think the rest of the documents I mentioned suffice the requirements?