ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compelling Reason for SET (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalsaqla
Newly Registered

Compelling Reason for SET (LR)

Post by jalsaqla » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if you could help me out in clarifying as to whether my absence should count as a compelling reason for SET (LR).

My Grand Aunt (Grandmother's Sister) has been critically ill (she couldn't feed herself). She has no children, no brothers/sisters and her husband has passed away. So it was up to me and my two aunts to take rounds in taking care of her. That meant that I had to leave the UK whenever I got the chance to help in taking care of her. She was ill for about three years and sadly she passed away. That meant that I ended up accumulating about 250 days of absences!

My question is, will this be considered a compassionate reason by UKBA provided I provide all the necessary evidence?