ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Sri Lankan husband while i am job seeking

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 pm

I know legally I don't have to but surely it can't hurt?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 pm

brandy79 wrote:I know legally I don't have to but surely it can't hurt?
I will not bore you with the details, but sometimes including extra information can in fact be used against you. I doubt this will happen in your case.

UKBA has in fact refused applications (incorrectly) where a married couple included pictures and information about their marriage. The issue would never have come up if they had included just their marriage certificate.

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 pm

How can applying for visa with Eu spouse in employment be a negative thing? Seriously if it was deemed negative then the world has gone mad! :shock: :shock:

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:40 am

brandy79 wrote:How can applying for visa with Eu spouse in employment be a negative thing? Seriously if it was deemed negative then the world has gone mad! :shock: :shock:

it's just not necessary at the moment; you need it later but not now however if you do send it they may even not look at it

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Secured full-time employment

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 am

Congratulations on getting the job!!!

I would like to ask you for a help, where did you search for jobs? do you suggest any good website to search for jobs? Also, what's the lowest pay that one should accept at this moment happily?

Thanks! I hope everything goes well with you and your husband.
brandy79 wrote:I have got myself a full-time job with a 12 month contract in Dublin paying a good salary.

So I can now include my job offer within my husband's visa application.

I am so happy right now!!

Getting a job like this during a recession was not easy!!

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 am

:P thank you! Jobs.ie is a good site.

It is your personal choice what you are happy to accept. I was willing to do most jobs as long as it fulfilled visa conditions for my husband to come. I mean your first job may not be your dream job , but it is a start. Once your in a job you can search for better.

I worked in a bar one night, you have to be flexible.

Dublin and GalwAy are best for work. Good luck!

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks for suggestions. Do they check a lot in the CV? Because my CV is hardly even 2 pages long. What can I add into my CV to have better chances of getting a job?
Is 1500 euros/month enough for livings and eating there for 2 persons?
brandy79 wrote::P thank you! Jobs.ie is a good site.

It is your personal choice what you are happy to accept. I was willing to do most jobs as long as it fulfilled visa conditions for my husband to come. I mean your first job may not be your dream job , but it is a start. Once your in a job you can search for better.

I worked in a bar one night, you have to be flexible.

Dublin and GalwAy are best for work. Good luck!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm

brandy79 wrote:How can applying for visa with Eu spouse in employment be a negative thing? Seriously if it was deemed negative then the world has gone mad! :shock: :shock:
In the case of a job it should be fine.

But you can imagine the possibility that a visa officer might wonder about the validity of the letter or be confused and ask for proof that you are already working or ...

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:You need:
Valid original marriage cert (translated if necessary)
Copy of your passport
His passport

He applies for a short 3 month visa. Then he travels to Ireland and applies for his pps number straight away. Then near the end of the three months he applies for a long term Stamp4EU fam and for this you show your payslip. A bar job working 8 hours per week is fine, as this is a payslip showing you are an employed EU citizen exercising migrant worker rights.

Your husband's rights are based on his marriage to you and the fact that you work - he does not need a letter from your parents.

The other good news - once he has his stamp4EUfam you (not him) can apply for a 'top up' from social welfare, to bring you up to the income of 188 for you and 124 for him, per week. So if your income is different each week you get a different amount in the top up each week. This is not easy to get and you will probably have to appeal to get it, but you have a very good chance of success. To do this you go first to social welfare and apply for Jobseekers allowance, then you go to the community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance. You may not get jobseekers but you have a great chance of supplementary as it is easier to get than jobseekers. But you must apply for both in order to get the supplementary - long complicated rules.

Interview letters are not relevant, payslips are BIG thing, amount earned or number of hours not really important in the case of him coming to Ireland.

You need no letter from your father and you don't need your dad's bank details. However, when you apply for the 'top up' you will need to say that your father lives in Ireland and you came home to live with him (the bit about coming home to live with dad is important and you should make sure to put this in writing on the Habitual Residence condition form), to take up a bar job here initially and to look for better work as soon as you can get it (it is more advantageous if you came to a job rather than came looking for work, when you want a 'top up' of your income).

So very easy for you, just that you need to keep working.
Does one need to have a bank statement? Can the payslip and p60 be sufficient? Online it states that a 6months bank statement is necessary.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:44 am

Cometoireland wrote:Does one need to have a bank statement? Can the payslip and p60 be sufficient? Online it states that a 6months bank statement is necessary.
What exactly does it say? Please send a link

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:27 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Cometoireland wrote:Does one need to have a bank statement? Can the payslip and p60 be sufficient? Online it states that a 6months bank statement is necessary.
What exactly does it say? Please send a link
Here is the link from INIS. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family

It only states docunents required if:
1. The couple legally resides in a country other than ireland and they are coming into ireland for a visit
2. If the couple legally resides in a country other than ireland and are moving to ireland.

But what do we submitt if one is irish living in ireland and the other is not and NOT living in ireland? They are apparently very strict. My first visa application was denied because of financial reasons (we thought all we had to do was show proof of income) and relationship history...it was not enough to show visas to my country but we needed to show pictures, hotel bookings etc. Any idea what amount is ‘sufficient’?

What do you think?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:46 am

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen is the section that applies to non-EU family members of EU citizen. No requirement for bank statement.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 am

Hi Directive/2004/38/EC,

I am a non-EU family members of EU citizen.

I have applied for Irish visa based on travelling with EU spouse.
Are you sure that bank statement is not required in this case? Because one my friend going through the same process had to submit 6 months bank statement, this happened last year (November 2012)

If they ask me for the bank statement, shall I give it to them or tell them that according to the EU directives its not a pre-requisite?
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen is the section that applies to non-EU family members of EU citizen. No requirement for bank statement.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:28 am

If the EU spouse is working in Ireland, then no bank statements are required. I would refuse, and say that it is not legally required.

Was your friend's EU spouse working? Whose bank statements did they request?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 am

No, his spouse wasn't working in Ireland. They went to Ireland, searched for a job first for the EU spouse and got settled there.

I am in the same boat. My EU spouse don't have a job in Ireland at the moment. We will go there and find a job for her.
Do you think I should then submit the bank statement, IF asked?
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If the EU spouse is working in Ireland, then no bank statements are required. I would refuse, and say that it is not legally required.

Was your friend's EU spouse working? Whose bank statements did they request?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 am

Whose bank statements did they request?

The only time you can be required to submit something like this is if the EU citizen has been already resident in Ireland for more than 3 months (but less than 5 years), and the EU citizen is considered to be "self-sufficient".

If the Eu citizen is not yet in Ireland, then there is no need for bank statements.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 am

They asked for EU citizens bank statement and they had a joint bank account. So they accepted it.
According to what you have mentioned I am not obliged to give them bank statement. I will write here if they ask me for it.

Thanks for information.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Whose bank statements did they request?

The only time you can be required to submit something like this is if the EU citizen has been already resident in Ireland for more than 3 months (but less than 5 years), and the EU citizen is considered to be "self-sufficient".

If the Eu citizen is not yet in Ireland, then there is no need for bank statements.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 pm

OP posts that they had success with their visa application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=144605

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:03 am

I searched for original post but was unable to find. Hence reason for new thread. Sure worse crimes have been committed?!

Visa success for Sri lankan husband of eu national. Applied on 8 Aug got decision for join family visa last Wednesday. Less than 3 weeks for decision and passport with visa office in colombo ready for collection Monday or Tuesday. Keep the faith! :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 am

brandy79 wrote:I searched for original post but was unable to find. Hence reason for new thread. Sure worse crimes have been committed?!

Visa success for Sri lankan husband of eu national. Applied on 8 Aug got decision for join family visa last Wednesday. Less than 3 weeks for decision and passport with visa office in colombo ready for collection Monday or Tuesday. Keep the faith! :)
Thanks for posting back. A new thread in isolation was not going to help others in a similar position in future. Hence the attempt to link them together. Keep posting.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Looking forward to hear more of your stories as my cousin is on same boat like you.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am

brandy79 wrote:I searched for original post but was unable to find. Hence reason for new thread. Sure worse crimes have been committed?!

Hi Brandy

Did they reveal you the visa result before you collected the application as mine has just been dispatched from Delhi Visa office today.

Please clarify.

Thanks,