ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry in UK via Europe?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bond0176
Newly Registered

Entry in UK via Europe?

Post by bond0176 » Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi All,

Is it possible to work in UK without any restrictions by having a European passport? I think the answer is yes, but am not sure. How can one get a European passport and which is the country which gives it the most easily? How much time can it take? Any knowledgable person, please respond soon.

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Entry in UK via Europe?

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 6:39 pm

bond0176 wrote:Hi All,

Is it possible to work in UK without any restrictions by having a European passport? I think the answer is yes, but am not sure. How can one get a European passport and which is the country which gives it the most easily? How much time can it take? Any knowledgable person, please respond soon.

Thanks.
There is no European passport as such but holding a passport from an EU state gives the holder the right to work in any EU state apart from some peculiar arrangements WRT to A8 countries and Bulgaria and Romania.

Aside from marriage, the only way is gonna be via Work Permit and settlement as a result. Regarding the time it takes I think the standard is five years, three by marriage.

Easiest? None are easy.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Entry in UK via Europe?

Post by JAJ » Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 am

bond0176 wrote:Hi All,

Is it possible to work in UK without any restrictions by having a European passport? I think the answer is yes, but am not sure. How can one get a European passport
No such thing. But you can become a citizen of an EEA state through naturalisation or registration, and then use that country's passport to migrate to the United Kingdom.
and which is the country which gives it the most easily?
No simple answer, sorry. Every country has different rules. In general you need to have connections by way of descent with that country, or migrate there and become a naturalised citizen after x number of years.

In some cases, they will insist that you renounce your existing citizenship, unless you lose it automatically.