ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with EEA2 Application !!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peace2all
Newly Registered

Post by peace2all » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen currently working through my limited company in the UK on Tier 1 General migrant visa, I got the Tier 1 visa for 3 years starting from December 2008 however I came to UK in June 2010, due to my prior commitments, I have extended the tier 1 visa in 2011 and now its validity is up to December 2013.

My wife is a Finnish national living with me in the uk since 2010, also I am sure she has not applied for a registration certificate, which i guess is - EEA1. As she is student at the Helsinki Finland University, and not working at the moment in the UK we thought it would be better if we mention her as an economically self-sufficient in the application.

Since last couple of day i am going through the UKBA website and various forums to accumulate as much information possible on EEA2 application, as we got married last month in Finland. I would appreciate if anyone can guide/help me with my EEA2 application, thanks.

Q1 > What all documents should i submit with my application, apart from below.

1> Two identical passport size photograph of both of us.
2> Both the passports.
3> Marriage certificate.
4> Her bank Statements
5> My personal and business bank statements.
6> My companies VAT submission receipts as its just 8 months old.
7> My Tier 1 visa details.
8> Comprehensive sickness insurance of our both.
9> Our utilities and council tax bills.
10> Duly filled EEA1 & EEA2 forms, which in itself is a task :(

Q2 > As i have been a uk resident legally for last 3 years, would i be able to apply for permanent residence card i.e. EEA4 after 2 years and subsequently for the citizenship or i have to be resident for 5 more years on the EEA2 resident card and then would be eligible for EEA4?

Q3> We have planned for a Indian wedding in India in December and bit confused if i would be able to travel to India and back as my Tier 1 visa is only valid until December, whether i would be able to enter uk on "Certificate of Application"? ( I understand i need to request back mine & her passport's to travel out :) )

Q4> Whether i would be able to work through my limited company on "Certificate of Application"?

Q5> Can we send both the Applications i.e. EEA1 & EEA2 together by post?

Please feel free to drop me any questions you may have, thanks allot for your time n effort.

Thanks
:)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Need help with EEA2 Application !!!

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:37 pm

peace2all wrote:Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen currently working through my limited company in the UK on Tier 1 General migrant visa, I got the Tier 1 visa for 3 years starting from December 2008 however I came to UK in June 2010, due to my prior commitments, I have extended the tier 1 visa in 2011 and now its validity is up to December 2013.

My wife is a Finnish national living with me in the uk since 2010, also I am sure she has not applied for a registration certificate, which i guess is - EEA1. As she is student at the Helsinki Finland University, and not working at the moment in the UK we thought it would be better if we mention her as an economically self-sufficient in the application.

Since last couple of day i am going through the UKBA website and various forums to accumulate as much information possible on EEA2 application, as we got married last month in Finland. I would appreciate if anyone can guide/help me with my EEA2 application, thanks.

Q1 > What all documents should i submit with my application, apart from below.

1> Two identical passport size photograph of both of us.
2> Both the passports.
3> Marriage certificate.
4> Her bank Statements
5> My personal and business bank statements.
6> My companies VAT submission receipts as its just 8 months old.
7> My Tier 1 visa details.
8> Comprehensive sickness insurance of our both.
9> Our utilities and council tax bills.
10> Duly filled EEA1 & EEA2 forms, which in itself is a task :(

Q2 > As i have been a uk resident legally for last 3 years, would i be able to apply for permanent residence card i.e. EEA4 after 2 years and subsequently for the citizenship or i have to be resident for 5 more years on the EEA2 resident card and then would be eligible for EEA4?

Q3> We have planned for a Indian wedding in India in December and bit confused if i would be able to travel to India and back as my Tier 1 visa is only valid until December, whether i would be able to enter uk on "Certificate of Application"? ( I understand i need to request back mine & her passport's to travel out :) )

Q4> Whether i would be able to work through my limited company on "Certificate of Application"?

Q5> Can we send both the Applications i.e. EEA1 & EEA2 together by post?

Please feel free to drop me any questions you may have, thanks allot for your time n effort.

Thanks
:)

1. Before applying open a Join Bank account it will help your case

2. as far as i know some members in this forum got ILR ( 10 yrs legal resident ) example : Student 6 yrs + 4 Years Family member of EU national
but never heard anyone who got ILR like in your case in 5 years

3. If you apply now EEA2 there is chance you will get your passport before december or else you will need to apply for EU Family permit from India to come to UK

4. Yes you can work. Because your wife is exercising treaty right in the UK you can have your own business or work for someone else

5. Yes you can send both together

peace2all
Newly Registered

Post by peace2all » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks askmeplz82 for your help. Appreciated.

However the reason of doubt on ILR is i.e Q2. if i follow my normal route of Tier 1 visa and apply for a extension before december, i'll get it for another 2 years after which i would be eligible for the ILR as i would have completed 5 years of legal residence in the UK.

My query is whether UKBA considers ILR applications with combination of Tier 1 visa stay and EEA2 stay?

Thanks,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:56 pm

In this situation Tier 1 will be more wiseable in which you will enjoy your own rights without being depend on the EEA national activities despite costly but faster to reach ILR as the EEA2 RC time will not be added up to it for reaching 5 years.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

peace2all
Newly Registered

Post by peace2all » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks Sheraz7,

Its a shame, that UKBA doesn't consider EEA2 RC time, as the initial entry was on Tier 1, was hoping to save a little for the Indian marriage :(

Do you think i should go to a immigration adviser for a second opinion? or it would be like banging head against a wall :?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 pm

peace2all wrote:Thanks Sheraz7,

Its a shame, that UKBA doesn't consider EEA2 RC time, as the initial entry was on Tier 1, was hoping to save a little for the Indian marriage :(

Do you think i should go to a immigration adviser for a second opinion? or it would be like banging head against a wall :?
Tier 1 visa is under Uk immigration law and EEA2 RC is under EEA route. Therefore, the both routes have its own clocks for PR/ILR which cannot be exchangeable to each other. However, EEA2 RC is optional to apply as long as your EEA spouse is a qualified person. If you want to seek second opinion then to whosoever you refer to then I think that fact will remain same.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

peace2all
Newly Registered

Post by peace2all » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks allot Sheraz7,

You have been of immense help, i think i would continue with my Tier 1 route and drop the idea of EEA2 or of any adviser.

Immigrationboards is an excellent forum, compare to others to get immigration related advise, delighted Thanks again.