ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madi

please help

Post by madi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 pm

applied for nationality at 7.05.2013.no answer yet... 2 days ago i am arrested for common assault 39, domestic violence. i am not convict yet court gave me bail till 6 of September and trail will start my question that what i have to do now??? do i need to tell home office and how?and second think does this case affect on my citizenship.

please

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Eligibility criteria : 5 years (Permanent non eea resident card) + 1 year
Method of application : NCS Croydon
Date of application : 3 June 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA : 5 June 2013
Date of debit of fee : 11 June 2013
Date acknowledged : 11/06/2013 received letter on 15/06/2013
Date of approval : 17/07/2013 received it today 26/07/2013
Date of Ceremony : 20/08/2013

Good luck for everyone else who is still waiting.

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Azhaar wrote:Eligibility criteria : 5 years (Permanent non eea resident card) + 1 year

Congrats

naumanmumtaz

Re: please help

Post by naumanmumtaz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 pm

madi wrote:applied for nationality at 7.05.2013.no answer yet... 2 days ago i am arrested for common assault 39, domestic violence. i am not convict yet court gave me bail till 6 of September and trail will start my question that what i have to do now??? do i need to tell home office and how?and second think does this case affect on my citizenship.

please
By law you need to tell home office. I think its 7 days you need to inform them.
In my opinion it will affect your application or at least they will put it on hold until your case is resolved.
Seek pro advice.

hemalay

Re: Congartes

Post by hemalay » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:28 pm

@Zainy : Yes Buddy. Have you received your approval?

Zainy wrote:@hemalay congratulation,we were applied our ILR at the same time if u remember
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

sgc

Successful applications after cautions?

Post by sgc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has been refused citizenship on the basis of a caution even though the application was made AFTER 3 years of the caution?

I realise that applying WITHIN 3 years of the caution is a probable rejection, but I haven't seen anyone mention that they got accepted AFTER the 3 years, so it would be nice to know.

Also it may be helpful to note what type of offence the caution was for (e.g. dishonesty, violence, unlawful sexual activity, drugs, recklessness).

raja999

Post by raja999 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi,
I am still waiting for second letter from home office. the first letter i received was on 13 of this month . letter dated was 10th of this month.
Why it is taking so long ..>?Does any one knows..?

thx a lot

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Re: Successful applications after cautions?

Post by linuxman2k3 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 pm

sgc wrote:Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has been refused citizenship on the basis of a caution even though the application was made AFTER 3 years of the caution?

I realise that applying WITHIN 3 years of the caution is a probable rejection, but I haven't seen anyone mention that they got accepted AFTER the 3 years, so it would be nice to know.

Also it may be helpful to note what type of offence the caution was for (e.g. dishonesty, violence, unlawful sexual activity, drugs, recklessness).
You get my sympathy for being a fellow migrant but I think that anyone with a conviction or caution should be rejected! The caseworker will probably not reject your application on the basis of a caution (they have bigger fish to fry). Good luck with your application.

Spouse BC & Child

Post by 1273 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC and dependant child (9yrs)
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth (27/07/2013)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/07/2013
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Other Updates
WOW

gtx2010

Post by gtx2010 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am

Eligibility Criteria - 2 yr Spouse + 1 yr ILR
Nationality - Bangladesh
Application Made to NCS - 19 June 2013
Application posted by NCS - 20 June 2013 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Application received by Home Office - 21 June 2013
Date of Debit Fees - 24 June 2013
Date of Acknowledgement - 24 June 2013
Acknowledgement letter received -27 June 2013
Track Progress Email sent 24th July - Received Email Reply on 26 July 2013 - "no decision has yet been made yet on your application."
Date of approval - Waiting
Date of Ceremony - Waiting

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm

raja999 wrote:Hi,
I am still waiting for second letter from home office. the first letter i received was on 13 of this month . letter dated was 10th of this month.
Why it is taking so long ..>?Does any one knows..?

thx a lot
What is second letter ? Well if your papers came to council then they would hace wrote you for invitation to ceremony. And 10 th was date so 24th was 2 weeks. I suggest you write them an email and tell them letter hasn't arrived yet.

abbei

Post by abbei » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:13 am

It has been 4 months since the HO received my application still no decision has been made 

raja999

Post by raja999 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:17 pm

they normally two letters. one is approval and second is invation to ceremony.

i called to council and they told me initially they could not find my record. then they took my no and said they will call me back. they called me told me to wait 2 weeks. I told them i am waiting for 20 days, so how long do I need to wait. They asked me what the rush as i got 90 days to apply and told me to wait and i will get letter automatically so i don't need to call them back.

I again send home office about second letter lets see if they reply this time...

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:42 pm

raja999 wrote:they normally two letters. one is approval and second is invation to ceremony.

i called to council and they told me initially they could not find my record. then they took my no and said they will call me back. they called me told me to wait 2 weeks. I told them i am waiting for 20 days, so how long do I need to wait. They asked me what the rush as i got 90 days to apply and told me to wait and i will get letter automatically so i don't need to call them back.

I again send home office about second letter lets see if they reply this time...
Same here brother. I phoned council and their ncs colleague phoned me back and told me they haven't received my certificate yet and same sound...wait 2 more weeks. I didnt argue. Hopefully you will get in anyday. My council told me home office told them next two weeks no certificate. And she also said may be I need to attend a ceremony after next oneas they have only 1 cceremony a month.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 pm

ikk1980 wrote:
Azhaar wrote:Eligibility criteria : 5 years (Permanent non eea resident card) + 1 year

Congrats

thank you so much all the best..

Zainy

no

Post by Zainy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:40 pm

[quote="hemalay"]@Zainy : Yes Buddy. Have you received your approval?

@hemalay no I did not apply yet as i was out of country for 5 month,i will be eligible in end of november

Ceilid
Newly Registered

checking application status

Post by Ceilid » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 am

Hi all,

I've applied on 9th May via NCS and still haven't received an approval/decision.

A couple of days ago I've e-mailed to that generic address (NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) and got an automated answer starting with: 'IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE'

So, my question is: do they actually reply at all to the inquiries emailed to the above address, or not?

Thanks!

Dino99

Re: checking application status

Post by Dino99 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Ceilid wrote:Hi all,

I've applied on 9th May via NCS and still haven't received an approval/decision.

A couple of days ago I've e-mailed to that generic address (NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) and got an automated answer starting with: 'IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE'

So, my question is: do they actually reply at all to the inquiries emailed to the above address, or not?

Thanks!
Hi,

I have applied on 1st May still waiting. Your should mail to NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I have sent ...

1st mail on 20 June & got a reply that "no decision has yet been made"
2nd mail on 20 July & got a reply that "no decision has yet been made"

Alsuwaidi
Newly Registered

Post by Alsuwaidi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Sorry but guys what are your respective nationalities? And are your cases straight forward or need discretion?

Yes. This is the correct email address NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk you get reply after 2-3 working days.

I remember the applicants from Apr-May who received their approvals after 8 weeks. It was between 8-12 weeks. You guys should hear any day.

Dino99 wrote:

Thanks!
Hi,

I have applied on 1st May still waiting. Your should mail to NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I have sent ...

Ceilid
Newly Registered

Post by Ceilid » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Alsuwaidi wrote:Sorry but guys what are your respective nationalities? And are your cases straight forward or need discretion?

I am Russian with a straight forward case (at least I can't think of any complications).
I'm starting to think that they've accidentally lost my documents somewhere in their office :lol:

Anyway, I'll wait and see if they reply to my e-mail...

And BIG thanks for the correct e-mail address guys!!!

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Alsuwaidi wrote:Sorry but guys what are your respective nationalities? And are your cases straight forward or need discretion?

Yes. This is the correct email address NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk you get reply after 2-3 working days.

I remember the applicants from Apr-May who received their approvals after 8 weeks. It was between 8-12 weeks. You guys should hear any day.

Dino99 wrote:

Thanks!
Hi,

I have sent ...

That is not correct. ..some April may applicant still waiting. And also people applied in july some of them received approval letter before me. I applies 1st may and got approved letter only end of last week. So you will get your soon.

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tie1 + 1 year ILR
Application : Self
Method of application: Postal (Royalmail Signed for)
Date of application: 25th July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29th July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 31st July 2013
Date of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 am

Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
Has any one of you heard the same thing???

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 am

ikk1980 wrote:Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...

Found these 2 topics on sky news web page #

March 2013

http://news.sky.com/story/1069954/uk-bo ... ce-control

&

July 2013

http://news.sky.com/story/1115200/uk-im ... years-long

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 am

ikk1980 wrote:Hi All,

I dont know whether this is correct or not but for sure I can tell you lady over the phonde from council told me home office told her there wont be any citizenship certificate within next two weeks. And she said ho are extremely busy. My approval came recently by my enclosed pre paid special delivery envelope. But approval date was within last 10 days. And on approval letter they mentioned they will send me an invitation letter within two weeks of approval later date.