ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR and Settlement on Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigiboy

Applying for ILR and Settlement on Tier 2 General

Post by jigiboy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm

1. Can I apply for ILR and then settlement under Tier2 General for visa issued after 2012 or 2013?

2. I have read the following on UKBA site:
So if I am issued a Tier2 General visa say from October 2013 will I be able to apply for ILR?

Requirements from 6 April 2016

If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain, you must meet all of the requirements under Immigration Rule 245HF which can be found on the right of this page. You must also show that you are being paid:

£35,000 per year (before tax); or
the correct rate of pay for your job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

Whichever is the higher amount will apply.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for ILR and Settlement on Tier 2 General

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:53 pm

jigiboy wrote:1. Can I apply for ILR and then settlement under Tier2 General for visa issued after 2012 or 2013?

2. I have read the following on UKBA site:
So if I am issued a Tier2 General visa say from October 2013 will I be able to apply for ILR?

Requirements from 6 April 2016

If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain, you must meet all of the requirements under Immigration Rule 245HF which can be found on the right of this page. You must also show that you are being paid:

£35,000 per year (before tax); or
the correct rate of pay for your job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

Whichever is the higher amount will apply.
If you meet the requirements of ILR.... sure! That paragraph just says you will have to meet those requirements.