ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invoices Question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anita83
Newly Registered

Invoices Question

Post by anita83 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi guys!

Lately I read a lot in this forum and finding it really helpful and full of useful information! I will apply for Tier 1 PSW Entrepreneur visa on the 50K basis. I am registered as a self employed since April 2012. The thing is , i have been working as an employee for the last one year. I work as a designer in a magazine. The position i will apply for visa will be as an Art Director and will provide creative services.Now I will have a contract with another company.My question is , do I have to show invoices as a proof of trading or just the contract with the details of both parties is enough? Do i have to have the invoices signed and show the transactions in my account ? I have couple of invoices from more than year ago. Is it gonna be a plus to send them as well?! Thank you guys in advance ! Any suggestions and first hand experience advices will be a great help!!!

Anita

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Looks like i am concerned about the same topic as well. I will be applying as a VFX Compsitor/TD and the buiness will be creative services.

anita83
Newly Registered

Post by anita83 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi prajwal! Since we will have similar applicatipns, do you have any information about the concerns I have about the contract and the invoices? How long you think the whole process will take after the documents are send? Thank you!

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Re: Invoices Question

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Invoices, bank transactions are not compulsory.

However if you submit invoices and show bank transactions and signature on invoices, then the application looks genuine and the chances are approval are very high.

UKBA has just asked you for a contract however the more you support your application, the better.

Hope that makes some sense to you.
anita83 wrote:Hi guys!

Lately I read a lot in this forum and finding it really helpful and full of useful information! I will apply for Tier 1 PSW Entrepreneur visa on the 50K basis. I am registered as a self employed since April 2012. The thing is , i have been working as an employee for the last one year. I work as a designer in a magazine. The position i will apply for visa will be as an Art Director and will provide creative services.Now I will have a contract with another company.My question is , do I have to show invoices as a proof of trading or just the contract with the details of both parties is enough? Do i have to have the invoices signed and show the transactions in my account ? I have couple of invoices from more than year ago. Is it gonna be a plus to send them as well?! Thank you guys in advance ! Any suggestions and first hand experience advices will be a great help!!!

Anita

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 pm

With regards to the processing time, it depends from case to case and no Tom, Dick and Harry can answer this question for you.

My application was processed within 2 working days from the date I gave my biometrics. There are some applicants on this forum who have applied a year back and still havent received the outcome.
anita83 wrote:Hi prajwal! Since we will have similar applicatipns, do you have any information about the concerns I have about the contract and the invoices? How long you think the whole process will take after the documents are send? Thank you!

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:11 pm

@Entrepreneur9 Thanks.

The policy guideline asks to show trading activity and a contract. Since I am a freelancer most of it has just been emails and there is no formal binding contract made. Apart from invoices you think it might be a good idea to made a freelancer type contract because the project often jumps or rolls over to next one.

toby23

Post by toby23 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

If I were you I will show invoices, bank statements (use a highlighter to highlight that the invoices are paid), Contract for sure ( make sure contract is signed by both the parties). The business activity should not be more than 3 months from the date of application.

Prepare your case and include all insurances ( professional indemnity and public liability), visiting cards, printout of website, any marketing material.

If you do all these things, im sure you can receive the visa in 20ish days. I have read few cases where , when people prepared their files properly , received the visa within 20 days.

Toby

anita83
Newly Registered

Post by anita83 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you for the posts Toby and Entrepreneur! I will do that! Toby, When you say the business activity should not be more than 3 months from the date of the application, what you mean?! That i can not count in any invoices older than 3 months?! Or that the start of the business should be within the last 3 months before i apply for the visa? Another thing. I was told yesterday by a lawyer, to open a business account and hire an accountant. I know that is not compulsory plus i am an self employee and not an LTD, but the lawyer says it gives more weight and looks genuine and serious. Is that really is of a big matter to UKBA?! Can it make the difference between approval and rejection?! Thank you guys!

Anita

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks guys thats couple of questions answered.

I think I am in a very similar case as Anita. I started being self employed from FEB 2013 and was previousy PAYE ( working for another company). Therefore I have the welcome letter from HMRC with UTR no.

As I understand, if self employed for more than 3 months you need to produce the original letter from HMRC . Lastly what are my chances of the visa under self employed as opposed to LTD company . Does it make any difference with regards to the application ?