ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blackeyed

Passport renewal

Post by blackeyed » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm

hi all... i am currently on Tier 1 visa and got a new passport as my old passport was about to expire. Do i need to inform home office regarding this change to get anything update in their database or BRP.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 pm

You have just to take your police registration form to the police with your new passport. That's the only thing you need to do. If your Tier1 is inside the old passport, you have to keep it with you when you travel abroad. if you have the new card, then you just need the card.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Passport renewal

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:50 pm

blackeyed wrote:hi all... i am currently on Tier 1 visa and got a new passport as my old passport was about to expire. Do i need to inform home office regarding this change to get anything update in their database or BRP.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not mandatory. But at the time of further extension of leave just declare it there on the application form.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:48 am

It is mandatory and you have 7 or 8 days to do it like changing your address or employment details.

It is written in the police registration document that everyone had to sign when moving to the UK.

read its content again.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:33 pm

mr_mar wrote:It is mandatory and you have 7 or 8 days to do it like changing your address or employment details.

It is written in the police registration document that everyone had to sign when moving to the UK.

read its content again.
The answer you giving does not actually corresponds to what OP has asked actually that is relating to UKBA not Police registration.
Anyhow the Police registration as part of entry clearance measure only applies to certain country's national but not to all.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS