ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need Irish visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Do I need Irish visa?

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 pm

I am an Indian citizen and my wife is a Hungarian citizen. I have "Residence card issued to Family Member of Hungarian citizen".

We are planning to move and work in Ireland from September this year. I am aware that my wife (EU national) can travel to Ireland without a Irish visa. I am not able to get correct information about myself in this case. Some websites it says non-EU spouse of EU citizen should get Irish visa prior to travelling to Ireland, where as other sites says if the non-EU nation hold Residence card of family member, they can travel to Ireland without a visa. I read this on the INIS website, the link is :
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen

We will stay for more than 90 days in Ireland. Do Hungarian citizen need to register with Garda, if they are planning to stay longer than 3 months? And for me, how long will it take to get 4EUFAM permit? And what are conditions to get 4EUFAM?

Thanks everyone
Last edited by masterboy123 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 pm

It is unclear from your post whether you hold an article 10 residence card or a permit issued to an EU family member.

Can you advise what state issued the card to you and under what circumstances?

Hungarians do not need to register with anyone in Ireland. You, the non-EU national would be expected to apply for a residence card within three months of entry.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi EUsmileWEallsmile,

Sorry that I was unclear.

I am issued a card which says "Residence Permit issued to family member of Hungarian citizen". This is written on my Residence permit which has 5 years of validity. It is issued in Hungary. My wife is Hungarian national. We live in Budapest.
Do you think I still need a visa to come to Ireland and work there?
I am doing Internship (in medicine) in Budapest Medical univ. and plan to work as a doctor in Ireland.

Thanks
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It is unclear from your post whether you hold an article 10 residence card or a permit issued to an EU family member.

Can you advise what state issued the card to you and under what circumstances?

Hungarians do not need to register with anyone in Ireland. You, the non-EU national would be expected to apply for a residence card within three months of entry.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

Based on the information you have provided, you will need an Irish visa. As you are married to an Hungarian and your card has been issued by the authorities there and it says a residence permit and not a residence card.

Residence permit = Visa

Residence card = No visa

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:36 am

Having said that - the visa should be free of charge and hassle-free.

Basically they can only ask for your marriage certificate, both passports, and evidence that you will be going to Ireland together.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 am

How can i prove that we are travelling together?
I don't want to buy tickets before getting visa..
thanks everyone for helping me out! :D
jeupsy wrote:Having said that - the visa should be free of charge and hassle-free.

Basically they can only ask for your marriage certificate, both passports, and evidence that you will be going to Ireland together.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

A letter from Eu spouse stating that you would be travelling together.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Ok thank you. We will do that and go to the embassy.
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:A letter from Eu spouse stating that you would be travelling together.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:06 pm

One last questions please:

How long will it take to get Irish Visa for me in my situation? I will apply for it, at Irish Embassy in Budapest (Hungary).

IQU
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need Irish visa?

Post by IQU » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am

[quote="masterboy123"]I am an Indian citizen and my wife is a Hungarian citizen. I have "Residence card issued to Family Member of Hungarian citizen".

We are planning to move and work in Ireland from September this year. I am aware that my wife (EU national) can travel to Ireland without a Irish visa. I am not able to get correct information about myself in this case. Some websites it says non-EU spouse of EU citizen should get Irish visa prior to travelling to Ireland, where as other sites says if the non-EU nation hold Residence card of family member, they can travel to Ireland without a visa. I read this on the INIS website, the link is :
[url]http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Jo ... EU_Citizen[/url]

We will stay for more than 90 days in Ireland. Do Hungarian citizen need to register with Garda, if they are planning to stay longer than 3 months? And for me, how long will it take to get 4EUFAM permit? And what are conditions to get 4EUFAM?

Thanks everyone[url][/url][/quote] so your wife is hungarian national now but you mention in another website she is polish national. i dont know what is your attention ? you have to honest first with yourself.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am

Maybe you're confused with someone else. But I have nothing to do with Poland. I have never ever been to Poland. I live in Hungary and my wife is Hungarian. I think you have mixed my situation with someone else. Please check again TWICE before you make such comments.
However, I have noticed another person who is in the same position as me and is from Poland. Most likely you have confused him with me.
Have a great day :)
so your wife is hungarian national now but you mention in another website she is polish national. i dont know what is your attention ? you have to honest first with yourself.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 am

[quote="masterboy123"]Maybe you're confused with someone else. But I have nothing to do with Poland. I have never ever been to Poland. I live in Hungary and my wife is Hungarian. I think you have mixed my situation with someone else. Please check again TWICE before you make such comments.
However, I have noticed another person who is in the same position as me and is from Poland. Most likely you have confused him with me.

[quote]so your wife is hungarian national now but you mention in another website she is polish national. i dont know what is your attention ? you have to honest first with yourself.[/quote][/quote] i already checked twice so that why i make this comment.but anyway good luck with your application.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 am

If you please check 3rd time and pay attention to the user IDs, then you will reliase your mistake. Thanks anyways!
IQU wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:Maybe you're confused with someone else. But I have nothing to do with Poland. I have never ever been to Poland. I live in Hungary and my wife is Hungarian. I think you have mixed my situation with someone else. Please check again TWICE before you make such comments.
so your wife is hungarian national now but you mention in another website she is polish national. i dont know what is your attention ? you have to honest first with yourself.
i already checked twice so that why i make this comment.but anyway good luck with your application.