ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

entrepreneur123

Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:50 am

Could someone tell me how do you get Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC after registering company with company house? I am trying to register company for Corporation Tax with HMRC and it is asking me Unique Taxpayer Reference. thanks

prajwal87

Post by prajwal87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 am

Hi, I got mine be calling HMRC and saying to them that i was self employed. They sent me the UTR after 4 weeks.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheet/workin ... urself.pdf

Hope this helps

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

entrepreneur123 wrote:Could someone tell me how do you get Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC after registering company with company house? I am trying to register company for Corporation Tax with HMRC and it is asking me Unique Taxpayer Reference. thanks
Once you’ve registered for Self Assessment with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), you’ll get a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 am

thanks for your reply. So i have to register for self assessment first then for corporation tax?
askmeplz82 wrote:
entrepreneur123 wrote:Could someone tell me how do you get Unique Taxpayer Reference from HMRC after registering company with company house? I am trying to register company for Corporation Tax with HMRC and it is asking me Unique Taxpayer Reference. thanks
Once you’ve registered for Self Assessment with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), you’ll get a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:17 am

entrepreneur123 wrote:thanks for your reply. So i have to register for self assessment first then for corporation tax?
askmeplz82 wrote:
If you want to receive a UTR (Unique Tax Payer) reference number you need to register with HMRC. Once you have registered a UTR number should be sent within a few weeks

http://utr.org.uk/how-to-get-a-utr-numb ... loyed.html