ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:03 pm

GodGives wrote:
verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:I pray dat in dis new month d Lord will perfect dat which concerns us all. May perfect peace rain, the peace that comes with prosperity. HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. GOOD NEWS this month
Im with you on that one!

@GodGives How are you hun?

How 's your appeal?
Am well thanks. Doing a reconsideration at the moment
Okkkkk! Be lucky!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 pm

verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:I pray dat in dis new month d Lord will perfect dat which concerns us all. May perfect peace rain, the peace that comes with prosperity. HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. GOOD NEWS this month
Im with you on that one!

@GodGives How are you hun?

How 's your appeal?
Am well thanks. Doing a reconsideration at the moment
Godgives

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
Amen to that.....am trying not to get stressed and fighting back the tears....but God gives at his appointed time and I pray that we all remain patient and trusting in his faithfulness and may August be a month of testimonies....
Hey crystal hang on in there, no need for the tears. I guess we are getting closer to the end of summer and a lot of decisions between now and then to be made of which I believe majority is on the positive side including yours. We are all in it together. God has a reason for every delay but be sure he is never late.

This should inspire everyone a little "kirk franklin - I Smile" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8
@dapsonlee...a god one...always lifts the spirits
So nice that everyone on here tries to help the others and lift their spirits!!

I went on the *other forum* yesterday, after a member on here mentioned it... Anyway, there's some pretty disturbed and vindictive individuals there lol! One guy openly asking how long does it take for UKBA to kick some poor man's door in, if he was refused, but decided to stay anyway -illegally.
Then basically saying that he "provided intelligence"to UKBA on several occasions in the past, but he feels that no action has ever been taken as his "victims" are still residing at their addresses completely undisturbed...

So sickening! Makes my skin crawl! Grrrrrr!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
Amen to that.....am trying not to get stressed and fighting back the tears....but God gives at his appointed time and I pray that we all remain patient and trusting in his faithfulness and may August be a month of testimonies....
Hey crystal hang on in there, no need for the tears. I guess we are getting closer to the end of summer and a lot of decisions between now and then to be made of which I believe majority is on the positive side including yours. We are all in it together. God has a reason for every delay but be sure he is never late.

This should inspire everyone a little "kirk franklin - I Smile" http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8
http://youtu.be/qE8RVX5jumk Planet Shakers 'Our God never fails'

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:30 pm

@Believe and Summer...how are you doing in this warm weather?

@Godgives....Amen oo...I was about to write something similar on the blog...*wink*

As for me,I shall enjoy the sunny days and not bother with HO for now!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 pm

verbina wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:

I went on the *other forum* yesterday, after a member on here mentioned it... Anyway, there's some pretty disturbed and vindictive individuals there lol! One guy openly asking how long does it take for UKBA to kick some poor man's door in, if he was refused, but decided to stay anyway -illegally.
Then basically saying that he "provided intelligence"to UKBA on several occasions in the past, but he feels that no action has ever been taken as his "victims" are still residing at their addresses completely undisturbed...

I am pretty sure that dude is a day time tv watching Jeremy Kyle big fan, jobless and a fan of the government profitable for non working benefit collector. What they don't realise is, most of these illegal people pay for them to sit at home to make those stupid calls in the first place.

That's the mentality of some who just think illegals are here to empty the government's pocket. I blame the govt though. They have really spared a lot of rods to spoil so many of their citizens.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:49 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

I am pretty sure that dude is a day time tv watching Jeremy Kyle big fan, jobless and a fan of the government profitable for non working benefit collector. What they don't realise is, most of these illegal people pay for them to sit at home to make those stupid calls in the first place.

That's the mentality of some who just think illegals are here to empty the government's pocket. I blame the govt though. They have really spared a lot of rods to spoil so many of their citizens.

Noooooo!! Babe I think he is an immigrant as well!!! Waiting for his decision!! Thats the disgusting thing about it!!! Can you believe?!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:54 pm

@Verbina, that's truly sad and totally agree with you on how fantastic and supportive everyone is on this forum - Let's keep it that way. Undesirables like that are persona non grata on here
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Ok correction!!!

He actually has British Citizenship already, still the same ***t tho an ex-immigrant , still disgusting!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@Verbina, that's truly sad and totally agree with you on how fantastic and supportive everyone is on this forum - Let's keep it that way. Undesirables like that are persona non grata on here
snap!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:

Noooooo!! Babe I think he is an immigrant as well!!! Waiting for his decision!! Thats the disgusting thing about it!!! Can you believe?!
An immigrant hating and snitching on an immigrant? Now this is very shocking and disturbing!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey Keisha fine thanks, I will probably do the same. I don't want to melt away before I get my leave though! 8) keep well!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 pm

@Believe....lol...haaahaaa...plz don't hey coz have to enjoy ur leave to remain.The sun is really blazing hey....*sipsonhercold-drink*

How long have you been waiting?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 pm

@Yahwa....Your welcome and enjoy every minute of it.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck
Congratulations!!! All your worries put right there to rest :)

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck
A big congratulations to you. Wishing u all the best
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Fantastic news Yahwadud - congrats again. Celebrations were underway for sometime. All the best sir.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Finally its confirmed...congratulations and all the best

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

@Keisha not long since April this year but I am doing a JR so I expect a court hearing in September sometime. thanks.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
Finally its confirmed...congratulations and all the best
.yes o

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Keisha wrote:@Believe and Summer...how are you doing in this warm weather?

@Godgives....Amen oo...I was about to write something similar on the blog...*wink*

As for me,I shall enjoy the sunny days and not bother with HO for now!!
Im trying to stay calm actually keisha and I'm surprised with myself as I've been quite frustrated few months before. My application heading to 12 month but we have seen people here waiting for up to 14 months or more so somehow i have set a timescale in September maybe for my case. i havent got much energy to worrie from now. I'd rather enjoy the weather this month 8)

how long have you been waiting?
by the way thankyou for the prayers, helps as to keep up the spirit :)
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Guys, am still confused about the below letter i received from UKBA two days ago. What do i do now? because i do not wish to seek for Asylum, do u think its better i tell my solicitor to tell them to go ahead and decide my application on my Article 8 rights as they said?

The below is the letter from them.

Dears Sirs,

Thank you for your letter received here on 18 May 2012 in support of your above-named client’s application for Leave To Remain Outside the Rules.
In these submissions, it appears that your client is making an implied asylum claim on grounds of a fear of harm or violence that he would encounter if he return to………my home country.

If your client wishes to pursue a claim for asylum he will need to make an appointment with the Asylum Screening Unit, as this is not something that he can do via an application for Leave to Remain.

Enclosed is a letter for your client explaining the action he needs to lodge an asylum claim. This needs to be done no later than 8 August 2013.
If no asylum claim is made before that date, your client’s application for Leave to Remain will be considered on the grounds of his Article 8 rights alone.

In this connection, since it is not clear exactly how your client entered the United Kingdom again in 2008, a further letter is enclosed for your client, requesting completion of an Immigration Status Questionnaire. The completed questionnaire is to be returned before 9 August 2013.

Yours faithfully

What do i do now? I'm confused and feeling depress :( :( :( :( :(
Ale001

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:18 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="yahwadud"]Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck[/quote]

Finally its confirmed...congratulations and all the best[/quote]

Congratulations Yahwadud , enjoy your freedom.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Congratulations hun!!! All the best!!!!