ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 pm

@Summer...try to divert ur mind to prayer even at times might be hard.All shall be well and keep the faith.If you worry too much that will make u feel depressed too...*God forbid*.As for me,what's left is to thank God for seeing me through every step of this process till today.So many times I cried but He has never forsaken me nor forgotten about me.All I know is that we shall prevail at the end and have our visas in Jesus name.U won't believe that we both applied in August 2012 though no longer sure about the date.

@Believe...all shall be well my brother and plz inbox me the date of the JR and time so that I intercede for u.God is gonna be Your mouthpiece on that day and you will prevail against all odds!Keep the faith and all the best with your JR!!Its been almost a year waiting as I applied in August 2012!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 pm

@Ale...seek professional advise from your solicitor as the asylum application might take time too.Your solicitor might be able to give u the best option!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

ale001 wrote:Guys, am still confused about the below letter i received from UKBA two days ago. What do i do now? because i do not wish to seek for Asylum, do u think its better i tell my solicitor to tell them to go ahead and decide my application on my Article 8 rights as they said?

The below is the letter from them.

Dears Sirs,

Thank you for your letter received here on 18 May 2012 in support of your above-named client’s application for Leave To Remain Outside the Rules.
In these submissions, it appears that your client is making an implied asylum claim on grounds of a fear of harm or violence that he would encounter if he return to………my home country.

If your client wishes to pursue a claim for asylum he will need to make an appointment with the Asylum Screening Unit, as this is not something that he can do via an application for Leave to Remain.

Enclosed is a letter for your client explaining the action he needs to lodge an asylum claim. This needs to be done no later than 8 August 2013.
If no asylum claim is made before that date, your client’s application for Leave to Remain will be considered on the grounds of his Article 8 rights alone.

In this connection, since it is not clear exactly how your client entered the United Kingdom again in 2008, a further letter is enclosed for your client, requesting completion of an Immigration Status Questionnaire. The completed questionnaire is to be returned before 9 August 2013.

Yours faithfully

What do i do now? I'm confused and feeling depress :( :( :( :( :(
Hun dont be depressed!!!

As some wise folk on this forum suggested that you continue with your Article 8 application and decline all unsolicited advice from UKBA regarding Asylum.

So should the worst come to the worst you will always be able to claim Asylum at a later date...

Keeping fingers crossed for you!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Keisha wrote:@Summer...try to divert ur mind to prayer even at times might be hard.All shall be well and keep the faith.If you worry too much that will make u feel depressed too...*God forbid*.As for me,what's left is to thank God for seeing me through every step of this process till today.So many times I cried but He has never forsaken me nor forgotten about me.All I know is that we shall prevail at the end and have our visas in Jesus name.U won't believe that we both applied in August 2012 though no longer sure about the date.

@Believe...all shall be well my brother and plz inbox me the date of the JR and time so that I intercede for u.God is gonna be Your mouthpiece on that day and you will prevail against all odds!Keep the faith and all the best with your JR!!Its been almost a year waiting as I applied in August 2012!

Wow amen to the prayers. Almost a year today. I guess the Olympics really did take a huge toll to inheriting these delays. Pls ladies no more tears abeg! United we all stand. The summer they promised is just few weeks away :)

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:29 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck
That's great news...congrats

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

summer2013 wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Believe and Summer...how are you doing in this warm weather?

@Godgives....Amen oo...I was about to write something similar on the blog...*wink*

As for me,I shall enjoy the sunny days and not bother with HO for now!!
Im trying to stay calm actually keisha and I'm surprised with myself as I've been quite frustrated few months before. My application heading to 12 month but we have seen people here waiting for up to 14 months or more so somehow i have set a timescale in September maybe for my case. i havent got much energy to worrie from now. I'd rather enjoy the weather this month 8)

how long have you been waiting?
by the way thankyou for the prayers, helps as to keep up the spirit :)
Mine is 12 months and 13 days today.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 pm

yahwadud wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Hello guys.i will like to thank everyone once again for yr good wishes and encouragement .i just got a call from my solicitor that my BRP has arrive. I was granted 3 yrs discretionary leave under the old rule.i have access to public and i can get benefit aswell. I wish you all goodluck
Finally its confirmed...congratulations and all the best
.yes o
yahwadud CONGATULATIONS all the best in the future
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Congrts enjoy ur freedom. Good news coming this month Amen

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Summer...try to divert ur mind to prayer even at times might be hard.All shall be well and keep the faith.If you worry too much that will make u feel depressed too...*God forbid*.As for me,what's left is to thank God for seeing me through every step of this process till today.So many times I cried but He has never forsaken me nor forgotten about me.All I know is that we shall prevail at the end and have our visas in Jesus name.U won't believe that we both applied in August 2012 though no longer sure about the date.

Wow amen to the prayers. Almost a year today. I guess the Olympics really did take a huge toll to inheriting these delays. Pls ladies no more tears abeg! United we all stand. The summer they promised is just few weeks away :)

Hi

Thanks for nice prayer. Not to make anybody disappointment. "The HO summer promised". What do you think guys, if they really had a plan to settle the pending cases by summer or September. Do you see any symptom they are doing. If so it meant to come some decision frequently. But we don’t see decision are coming gradually in this forum/other forum/outside the forum. How they will finish all with in two months. I am hopeful and waiting with hope. May God bless every body.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Sarah06 wrote:
Congrts enjoy ur freedom. Good news coming this month Amen

Hi yahwadud

Heartiest congratulation.

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:48 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Hi

Thanks for nice prayer. Not to make anybody disappointment. "The HO summer promised". What do you think guys, if they really had a plan to settle the pending cases by summer or September. Do you see any symptom they are doing. If so it meant to come some decision frequently. But we don’t see decision are coming gradually in this forum/other forum/outside the forum. How they will finish all with in two months. I am hopeful and waiting with hope. May God bless every body.

Now that they have found 190,000 more applications they might push the dead line again, remember all the fuss saying half a million applications pending and it will take 37yrs to make the system work properly bla bla bla...

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Just received a letter from UKBA Customer Service Unit this week (dated 24 July) after my MP has referred my case to the Ombudsman. It says in the letter :
"I am sorry that you feel that the response to your complaint did not fully address the issues you raised. We have fully investigated your original complaint and can confirm that we find the business unit answered all your concerns raised in your original complaint in full. However, it may assist if we further explain the following;
(same thing as explained before)

I can also confirm your application is currently being considered by a case worker and you will receive a decision shortly."

I rang UKBA this morning and they said my application is still on pending. Does anyone knows how long for a case worker to decide an extension application? Thanks x

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Hi

It's unfortunate that get counted with their daily statistics. Applications are rushed and this rush has led to the refusal of those who should have been granted just because of "an end of summer deadline" like @Believe2013 said a lot of criminals are given priority under human rights which is unfair and to those who got rejected another backlog of appeal is on the rise. Shame really. The prayer is for our case to be met by a caseworker who is compassionate and not having a bad day. Keep faith sister tick-tuck one day at a time is a surely a sign we are a lot closer than we were yesterday :)

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Congrats yahwadud!!! I'm so happy for you. It's finally over. All the best mate!!!

mummytwo

Update

Post by mummytwo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello Lovely people

First of all, a very happy new month to you all. Its been a minute since I last visited this forum, might take me a while to read up all the comments but if I say congrats to Yahwud am sure that is in order :)

Big congrats to you bro, the lord is with you and blessed are you indeed!

Yummymummyj, how goes it babes? :) Dont worry, whether they like it or not you are next in line.

Now to the crux of the matter.

So i contacted my MP to say ''please o,I am not complaining o, I am down on bended knees ooo, in a boysIImen style oooo, have mercy on me oooo, dont let depression kill me ooo, UKBA is the best in the world oooo, I repeat again oooo, I am not complaining ooooo, help is what I need oooo'' LOL

Lo and behold I got a response in less than 30 mins to say they have contacted home office on my behalf and will let me know when I recieve a response. This is not the first time I will be contacting him and the lady ( she is a senior caseworker for the constituency) who always responds to my email( well this is the second time, the first time she told me to wait till the official six month mark is over then remind her)is always so quick and nice with her response.

I sha hope she will tell them I am not complaining o, before they get angry. LOL
God's favour on all of us on this forum.

p.s 10 months this month. It is well

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Congrats my friend am soo happy for you :D whish every1 good news this lovely month......

Please if home office request for a supporting document does this mean they will grant you after they are satisfied with the document and how long does it take after you send it to them

Reply please

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

@ mummytwo dear i neva knew u are a comedian i laughed sooo hard dat i nearly broke my ribs...amen to yr prayers ...d complain team wrote me and said they will get bak to me by d 8th of august...........God bless y sis

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ mummytwo dear i neva knew u are a comedian i laughed sooo hard dat i nearly broke my ribs...amen to yr prayers ...d complain team wrote me and said they will get bak to me by d 8th of august...........God bless y sis
Ah!! Yummymummy, thats what ukba has made of me ooo.LOL

I will wait patiently and with God on our side too you will surely recieve good news in Jesus name sis.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:57 pm

hello guy.

as most of you know after 14months of my application ukba wrote me asking for me to confirm that my mother is actually my biological mother.... reason been because when i was entering uk the ladys name my father put in as my mother was my step mom.

short naration:

came to the uk when i was 13years old.... i was domestically abused with serious injuries with the scars still on my body from back home which my dad did to me....he brought me to the uk and abandoned me the next day with my mum...i been school here and college aswell.. got a british partner who i been with since high school.

applied on the following grounds.

*applied at the age of 17yrs ( still a minor there case will be treated as a minor)
*i was 13years old at the time of my status breach (minor therefore that cant be held against me)
*i have been domestically abused (child protection act)
*been school and college (intigrated with the uk)
*got a british partner with intend to marry

submited the following documents

*cover letter explaining the whole thing.
*school and college results and certificates
*photo of me and my british partner
*her birth certificate
*evidence of me and her from high school
*a writen confirmation letter wroteby my partner that we been together for more than 3years and intend to get married.
*letters from school and college teachers
*photo evidence of the scars i surfered from the violence and other evidence to that effect too.
*photo of me and my friends
* and plenty more i cant even remember

after they ask for confirmation that my mum is my mum i managed to get hold of my birth cert,letters from school and college addressed to her,done a dna text and got a call today that the result is out and she is 99.9% my mother :) which i will be sending to them tomorrow on a recored delivery because they gave me till 8th.

now my question is:

my mother is not british but she is married to an european guy.

can someone tell me what you actually think of this before i send the documents off tomorrow....i dont mind just want your honest opinion.

SORRY FOR THE LONG MESSAGE HAHA

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Mummytwo very funny - it's nice to see people having a girafffee(laugh)!!! lol
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Hi

It's unfortunate that get counted with their daily statistics. Applications are rushed and this rush has led to the refusal of those who should have been granted just because of "an end of summer deadline" like @Believe2013 said a lot of criminals are given priority under human rights which is unfair and to those who got rejected another backlog of appeal is on the rise. Shame really. The prayer is for our case to be met by a caseworker who is compassionate and not having a bad day. Keep faith sister tick-tuck one day at a time is a surely a sign we are a lot closer than we were yesterday :)
Hi

"an end of summer deadline" like @Believe2013 said a lot of criminals are given priority"

They don’t check the criminal record before they reach a final decision to give PR/ILR what ever they give.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Home Office is a poisoned Chalice even Mrs May looked worn out well before her illness came to light - Sadly my friends we are caught in the midst of a political storm. It will subside in time. At least we found each other :lol:
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:hello guy.

as most of you know after 14months of my application ukba wrote me asking for me to confirm that my mother is actually my biological mother.... reason been because when i was entering uk the ladys name my father put in as my mother was my step mom.

short naration:

came to the uk when i was 13years old.... i was domestically abused with serious injuries with the scars still on my body from back home which my dad did to me....he brought me to the uk and abandoned me the next day with my mum...i been school here and college aswell.. got a british partner who i been with since high school.

*applied at the age of 17yrs ( still a minor there case will be treated as a minor)
*i was 13years old at the time of my status breach (minor therefore that cant be held against me)

*her birth certificate
*a writen confirmation letter wroteby my partner that we been together for more than 3years and intend to get married.
*photo evidence of the scars i surfered from the violence and other evidence to that effect too.

after they ask for confirmation that my mum is my mum i managed to get hold of my birth cert,letters from school and college addressed to her,done a dna text and got a call today that the result is out and she is 99.9% my mother :) which i will be sending to them tomorrow on a recored delivery because they gave me till 8th.

now my question is:

can someone tell me what you actually think of this before i send the documents off tomorrow....i dont mind just want your honest opinion.

You would be fine. If she is EU or legally here then you have nothing to worry about
Godgives

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:hello guy.

short naration:

*her birth certificate

now my question is:

Your case is very strong 99.99% you will be granted 0.01% depends on case worker.

Thanks

Khaldoon

Post by Khaldoon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 am

HI there, my application details:
Date Applied/Docs (incl the Passport) sent: 30/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 05/08/12
Date Bio-metrics booking letter arrived:waiting
Date Bio-metrics Done at PO : waiting
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
Date Bio-metrics received : 15th feb 2012
Date Bio-metrics done: 16th feb 2012
Visa Type : FLR(0)
And imagine guys, still waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting.