ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying using another city's NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mealos

Applying using another city's NCS

Post by mealos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi all,

Due to the fact that nearest appointment offered is 8-9 weeks and I am absolutely not happy with waiting, I am planning to fly to London and apply at Wandsworth NCS.

Yet I have doubts:
1) Do I have to apply to the councils nearby me (at least in the same country such as Scotland for my case)?

2)Are the councils of a county or country linked to each other, by any means to affect correspondence like you apply in your council or a nearby one so your ceremony is arranged accordingly?

3)Do you see any problem with applying in NCS within London and asking for a ceremony in the Scottish city where I live?

Thanks in advance for any help or shared experience.
Last edited by mealos on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Living in Scotland using NCS in London?

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm

mealos wrote:Hi all,

Due to the fact that nearest appointment offered is 8-9 weeks and I am absolutely not happy with waiting, I am planning to fly to London and apply at Wandsworth NCS.

Yet I have doubts:
1) Do I have to apply to the councils nearby me (at least in the same country such as Scotland for my case)?

2)Are the councils of a county or country linked to each other, by any means to affect correspondence like you apply in your council or a nearby one so your ceremony is arranged accordingly?

3)Do you see any problem with applying in NCS within London and asking for a ceremony in the Scottish city where I live?

Scotland is UK u can apply from anywhere make sure u specify where you would like to attend ceremony on your app and you sorted

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

U shud be Able to get an appointment at the ncs in hamilton or East kilbride... Prob only need to wait a week. I got one within a week the other day.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:40 pm

skyiswide wrote: You dont even need invitation letter from ukba as you applied via ncs my friend. People who applied by post they neex to wait for invitations letter. Or people who used different ncs rather than local council they also need to wait for invitation letter. And ncs applicants most of the time received combination invitation and approved letter. So home off doesnt send them invitation letter but local council does. But people like me who applied by post need to wait for invitation letter. Even if certificate comes in council still we need to wait for invitation from home office. Waiting sucks.
Thanks for your responses, mates. Skyiswide has written in another topic that when you apply in another council's NCS (in my case I have to do so anyways as we have none in my city), you end up waiting for stupid ceremony letter from UKBA to contact your council for ceremony?

The single unified approval/ceremony letter from UKBA is no more once you apply with another council's NCS?

drpbalaji1960

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:52 pm

do u need to do the citizen ceremony in the council which u use for NCS or can i have the option of doing the ceremony in my local council.

regards

skyiswide

Re: Applying using another city's NCS

Post by skyiswide » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:24 pm

mealos wrote:Hi all,

Yet I have doubts:

Ans- you are allowed to use any council who does have ncs section.

Ans- whichever council you use from uk but as a default letter of ceremony will go to ypur local council unless you dont specific a council name on the form that you want to take oath in that particular council.

Ans- No problem at all. But you can always use post as well what will save money and time but you have to count your day for invitation letter like me. But if you apply by post then you may write a cover letter requested them to send approval and invitation together. Case worker probably will do so if application granted. If you need any jelp email me or raise your concerns to a lawyer or a immigration adviser. But it is very east form so I am sure you will do it right and soon get approval hopefully. Best of luck mate.

mealos

Post by mealos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks so much! I will try to mention my request in the cover letter in addition to putting plenty of self addressed envelopes (to me and to my council's address) so whenever they need to send me something or my naturalization certificate to my council they can do it with first class envelopes instead of second class post..

Crazy maybe but I have witnessed Post Office's several great successes in misdelivery

007honnu
Newly Registered

Post by 007honnu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am

herewego wrote:U shud be Able to get an appointment at the ncs in hamilton or East kilbride... Prob only need to wait a week. I got one within a week the other day.
Agree with herewego,I called hamilton NCS lastweek and got an appointment for tomorrow. :D