ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long absences and when to apply for ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed_shuaib
Newly Registered

ILR long absences and when to apply for ILR

Post by syed_shuaib » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:36 pm

. I would like to give you a briefing regarding my immigration history in the UK :

I entered the UK on the 6th of December 2006 under the Working holiday Maker Visa.
Further, I applied and was granted a leave to remain under the HSMP valid from November 2007 to November 2009.
After which I again received a 3 year extension from November 2009 to November 2012.

In May 2011 I was sent on a project to Dubai for six months (the company is UK based) I left UK on the 4th of May 2011 and returned on the 21st of November 2011.

As the number of days I stayed outside the UK was more than 180 days,instead of applying for ILR , I applied for a further extension under the Tier 1 (general) category in November 2012 and was granted a two year extension.

I would like to know when I would be able to apply for my ILR.

smehmood
BANNED

Re: ILR long absences and when to apply for ILR

Post by smehmood » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 pm

syed_shuaib wrote:. I would like to give you a briefing regarding my immigration history in the UK :

I entered the UK on the 6th of December 2006 under the Working holiday Maker Visa.
Further, I applied and was granted a leave to remain under the HSMP valid from November 2007 to November 2009.
After which I again received a 3 year extension from November 2009 to November 2012.

In May 2011 I was sent on a project to Dubai for six months (the company is UK based) I left UK on the 4th of May 2011 and returned on the 21st of November 2011.

As the number of days I stayed outside the UK was more than 180 days,instead of applying for ILR , I applied for a further extension under the Tier 1 (general) category in November 2012 and was granted a two year extension.

I would like to know when I would be able to apply for my ILR.

Hi

your question is on wrong forum but any how i will try to share my knowledge,

on 5th December 2016 you will complete your 10 years and u can apply 28 days before this date.

if you have an agreement which confirms the above mention details then it should ,nt be problem. Home office might reject your application but i remember a case where a professor was required to give lectures overseas and he had same situation as yours(As far as i can remember but for sure it was about absence)

Good Luck
Shaukat

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:48 am

you may be able to apply for ILR as soon as u will complete your 5y on HSMP(initial+extension+another extension.)

so technically u can apply for ILR after completing 180days on your latest extension of HSMP as it will make your 5y stay here on hsmp.

you may not be required to complete 10y for ILR as u were on T1G(hsmp)

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:10 am

Darvesh wrote:you may be able to apply for ILR as soon as u will complete your 5y on HSMP(initial+extension+another extension.)

so technically u can apply for ILR after completing 180days on your latest extension of HSMP as it will make your 5y stay here on hsmp.

you may not be required to complete 10y for ILR as u were on T1G(hsmp)
Hi

Yes, Dervash is right, i did,nt realize this what Dervash has mention.
Shaukat