ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel in UE

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

catioana
Newly Registered

Travel in UE

Post by catioana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:59 pm

I am romanian citizen,my husband is egyptian citizen and we are living in UK.My husband has british residence card and romanian residence card.My questions is if my husband can travel in UE without visa or he needs schengen visa?We want to travel with car from UK in Romania and I dont know if he need schengen visa or not?Thank you.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Travel in UE

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm

catioana wrote:I am romanian citizen,my husband is egyptian citizen and we are living in UK.My husband has british residence card and romanian residence card.My questions is if my husband can travel in UE without visa or he needs schengen visa?We want to travel with car from UK in Romania and I dont know if he need schengen visa or not?Thank you.
what does UE stand for?

Well as long you travelling with him everywhere he will normally don't need
VISA

make sure you take you take your marriage certificate

and if possible proof you are working in the UK ( to show UK Border force ) when you come back if they ask for it

catioana
Newly Registered

Post by catioana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 pm

When he travel by plane I know he doesnt needs any visa but now because we want to travel with car and we must pass through many countries I wonder if he needs schengen visa?
Thank you for you answer.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 pm

catioana wrote:When he travel by plane I know he doesnt needs any visa but now because we want to travel with car and we must pass through many countries I wonder if he needs schengen visa?
Thank you for you answer.
Article 10 residence card holders (your husband appears to have one) do not require a visa when travelling with their family member. It does not matter that you travel by car instead of a plane.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 am

askmeplz82 wrote: what does UE stand for?
I guess, it stands for EU. :-)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Nimitta wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote: what does UE stand for?
I guess, it stands for EU. :-)
Yes in some languages, it will be UE, in others EU. European Union, Union européenne, Europäische Union, Unione europea, Unia Europejska, etc.