ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

js12345
Newly Registered

Applying for BC

Post by js12345 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me please.

I came to the uk on spouse visa in July 2010.
Applied for ILR in August 2012.
Was given ILR in Dec 2012.

I am getting some conflicting information as to when I can apply for BC. Is it 12 months after I got my ILR (In dec 2013) Or as I believe - Now? (I've been to the Boarder agency website and it says I can apply 3 years after the date I arrived in the U.k. and its been 3 years now.)

The other thing is - on the application form for naturalisation as a British citizen
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

part 1.42 asks about the reason I got divorced from my previous husband. What am I supposed to write here? He wasn't a nice man!

Thank you.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Take a look at the Citizenship FAQ - Common Questions.

Reason for divorce - you can state the reason you mentioned in the divorce papers requesting divorce.

dartonlaw
Newly Registered

js12345

Post by dartonlaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 am

Hi,

You need to demonstrate that you have been living in the UK for at least 3-years and has not spent more than 270 days outside the UK during the 3-years period or

has not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12-months of 3-years period

you can apply for naturalization as a spouse of a British citizen the year after by filling the application form AN.

with regards to the reason of your previous divorce, you can state any reason you mentioned in the divorce papers.