ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HiPriest
Newly Registered

Appeal time frame

Post by HiPriest » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Guys

How long are you allowed to appeal a HO decision please? My Zambrano application was refused back in May but I never bothered to appeal within the 10 days time give since I was planning to do another application under EX1 and Article 8 & 3.

I am about to send my article 8 application and also thinking of appealing the Zambrano decision.

What do you think guys, please advice.

Thanks

shareen24h

Re: Appeal time frame

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:20 pm

HiPriest wrote:Hi Guys

How long are you allowed to appeal a HO decision please? My Zambrano application was refused back in May but I never bothered to appeal within the 10 days time give since I was planning to do another application under EX1 and Article 8 & 3.

I am about to send my article 8 application and also thinking of appealing the Zambrano decision.

Thanks

Hello

I have know idea what is Zambrano, anybody can briefly explain please. Advance thanks.

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Have you all read today's news papers guys ?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

shareen24h wrote:

Thanks

Hello

I have know idea what is Zambrano, anybody can briefly explain please. Advance thanks.
Normally they give you the time you have for an appeal on your refusal letter which you have stated was ten days. Unless the letter says something else I would think this is the time you had to appeal and might have forfeited that right coz the days have expired. I would suggest you read through the documents to understand what this time limit was.....cheers

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

SDP wrote:Have you all read today's news papers guys ?
Noooo!! Whats there???
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm

verbina wrote:
Noooo!! Whats there???
which paper...am curious??????

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
Noooo!! Whats there???
which paper...am curious??????
could be this ...http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 ... -crackdown

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm

@Yahwadud: Fantastic news! Congrats!

@Khaldoon: Welcome to the Forum!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:26 pm

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/minis ... 43003.html

OMG yeah, too scary!!!!

When I was living in London they always used to do them raids outside Stratford station.

Honest to God I literally used to have kittens every time I had to walk through all that!! They had cops, dogs, vans the full works!!!

I never been stopped once, I guess it helps being a girl... (albeit an illegal girl).

Ha! It didnt help me much, when UKBA raided my flat though :lol:!!

And I was cracking jokes like ' I hope there wont be all these paparazzi outside' , as I didnt know at the time that they do in fact take pics and post them on their Twitter account... Doh.

Luckily in my case,the lot that came to detain me were totally cool and chivalrous and just kept apologising for everything lol 8)

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Guys check my twitter account http://www.twitter.com/nikitpatel
I've send some tweets to @ukbahomeoffice regarding there stop n search.

What do you think?
I m right or wrong

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 pm

verbina wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/minis ... 43003.html

OMG yeah, too scary!!!!

When I was living in London they always used to do them raids outside Stratford station.

Honest to God I literally used to have kittens every time I had to walk through all that!! They had cops, dogs, vans the full works!!!

I never been stopped once, I guess it helps being a girl... (albeit an illegal girl).

And I was cracking jokes like ' I hope there wont be all these paparazzi outside' , as I didnt know at the time that they do in fact take pics and post them on their Twitter account... Doh.

Luckily in my case,the lot that came to detain me were totally cool and chivalrous and just kept apologising for everything lol 8)

Sorry verbina I was not at home...anyways you read the news
It's very scary...

SDP

Post by SDP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Nothing happening today... No news of any visas granted...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:11 pm

SDP wrote:
verbina wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/minis ... 43003.html

OMG yeah, too scary!!!!

Sorry verbina I was not at home...anyways you read the news
It's very scary...
At times like this I really dont regret being stuck in a remote village in Hampshire far far away from civilization lol

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:37 pm

hell yeah???
if you got caught working illegally then this is breaking the low which can lead to a refusal on outstanding cases???

they are making thinks very difficult
how can we survive?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

@summer

It depends on your case must people get cought working illegally and get arrested but for some reason they cant return home and they get granted on compassionate ground

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

summer2013 wrote:hell yeah???
if you got caught working illegally then this is breaking the low which can lead to a refusal on outstanding cases???

how can we survive?
Hi
If you are not working illegally, but caught while you are going somewhere or shopping in the market and you have pending case. What should be the impact?
Last edited by shareen24h on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm

@shareen

As long as you have a pending case no1 has the right to arrest you noy until your application is completed

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 pm

shareen24h wrote:

how can we survive?
Hi
If you are not working illegally, but caught while you are going somewhere or shoping in the market and you have pending case. what should be impect.
they will let you go if you have an pending application

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 pm

shareen24h wrote:

how can we survive?
Hi
If you are not working illegally, but caught while you are going somewhere or shoping in the market and you have pending case. what should be impect.
Its totally fine then! No impact at all! They check that you genuinely have an outstanding application an let you go about your business!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:54 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@summer

It depends on your case must people get cought working illegally and get arrested but for some reason they cant return home and they get granted on compassionate ground

yes but according to the solicitor this counts as criminal record and we must be free criminal record as this can be a reason to get refused.

I mean it doesn't look right to me since HO knows we dont have right to work and not entitles to any support so they know we work somewere to survive
Last edited by summer2013 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiPriest
Newly Registered

Post by HiPriest » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:54 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
shareen24h wrote:

Thanks

Hello

Normally they give you the time you have for an appeal on your refusal letter which you have stated was ten days. Unless the letter says something else I would think this is the time you had to appeal and might have forfeited that right coz the days have expired. I would suggest you read through the documents to understand what this time limit was.....cheers

Thanks @Crystalnewbie. The refusal letter didn't mention when I should appeal but the appeal form says something around the 10 working days. I am not sure whether its a general requirement to lodge and appeal with 10days of a decision.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 pm

how can we survive?

With HO, there is a law for every day. One day, they ask migrants to walk on one leg and on the next day, they ask migrants to walk on their hands. I wonder if there is still anyone with common sense in their services.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:05 pm

@summer

I totally aggree with you

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:11 pm

verbina wrote:
shareen24h wrote:

how can we survive?
Hi
Its totally fine then! No impact at all! They check that you genuinely have an outstanding application an let you go about your business!

Thank you everybody.
So people need to keep the copy of HO acknowledgement or correspondence letter with all the time.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Afternoon,

I am sure on the form there is a section whereby you have to declare whether or not you are working. So if you are its best to be as honest as possible because you need to survive albeit breaking the law but you are not being a burden on the public pursue (I am not condoning illegal working by the way) You will have to provide them with payslips P60 NI records etc so they know you are working anyways. Should they stop you, call your lawyer if you have one or always have your Home office reference number in your wallet or phone or perhaps a scanned copy of the acknowledgement or refusal/appeal letter or what ever documentation you have. To frustrate them YOU COULD EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT that really winds them up!!!! They have to release you if you have an active case and have not absconded reporting ( if you are required to do so). It only becomes a problem if you hadn't given yourself up to the authorities so they have every right to detain you and will initiate removal procedures.

it's quite degrading to be singled out in public just by looks. Its morally wrong and I think that's what we call beloved!! You can't break the law to enforce the law! beloved is a crime and it's rife within the Home Office!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"