ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approval in 6 months!? :O

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dan22
Newly Registered

Naturalisation approval in 6 months!? :O

Post by Dan22 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi everyone! :) Is it true some people are getting naturalisation approval within 6 months?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes some people go approvals in about that time. But it is definitely not everyone though, even for "simple" cases.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm

jeupsy wrote:Yes some people go approvals in about that time. But it is definitely not everyone though, even for "simple" cases.
Yes one of my friend received approval after 4 months 6 days
Eu citizen living in ireland 8 years.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 pm

There is clearly no backlogs anymore. Any straight foward applications will be decided within 6 months time now.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 am

A friend of mine applied one year ago and is still is waiting for his answer.

He is an EU citizen, living and working here for 10 years, always employed and on a very good salary, no conviction, never claimed any social welfare ... so he should be an easy case but is well over the 6 months.

So yes I think overall the backlog is pretty much cleared and a large number of applications are decided on quickly, but I am not sure it is safe to say any straight forward application will be processed within 6 months.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:53 am

That's a very good news then. I just submitted my applications last week. In my case I'm living here for 7 years now as a dependant of my mother who's an Irish citizen and also living with my Irish citizen sister. Hoping it will only take 6 months. :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:24 pm

[quote="jeupsy"]A friend of mine applied one year ago and is still is waiting for his answer.

He is an EU citizen, living and working here for 10 years, always employed and on a very good salary, no conviction, never claimed any social welfare ... so he should be an easy case but is well over the 6 months.

So yes I think overall the backlog is pretty much cleared and a large number of applications are decided on quickly, but I am not sure it is safe to say any straight forward application will be processed within 6 months.[/quot my friend just let you know few countries join european union in 2004.so what was your friend status arrived in ireland back 2003. they might want to check it out so that why maybe application is taking long time.good luck

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:24 pm

IQU wrote:my friend just let you know few countries join european union in 2004.so what was your friend status arrived in ireland back 2003. they might want to check it out so that why maybe application is taking long time.good luck
His country has been part of the EU since 1952, so I don't think it is the problem ;-)

I am thinking they are still a bit badly organised and even though the backlog is mostly cleared, they still have a few forgotten applications here and there. But anyway, in his case it is ok - he is not in a rush.

mlex
Newly Registered

Post by mlex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Within 6 month is possible.

I have 3 friend is non-EU, apply based on stamp 1 and 4, approved around 5 month.