ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT issues at Croydon today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chelsea2014

IT issues at Croydon today

Post by chelsea2014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 pm

So much for the premium payment made for me and 2 deps and hrs of delays.

Now been told to wait till next week that they will call me because of waiting Biometric verification which I assume is for my son who will be 6yrs 2 weeks time so they didn't take his finger print. Same issue with lots of other candidates.

How true is this?

Subbarao

Re: IT issues at Croydon today

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:49 pm

chelsea2014 wrote:So much for the premium payment made for me and 2 deps and hrs of delays.

Now been told to wait till next week that they will call me because of waiting Biometric verification which I assume is for my son who will be 6yrs 2 weeks time so they didn't take his finger print. Same issue with lots of other candidates.

How true is this?
for kids they dont take finger prints. when i went last time, i remembered taht they took a photo and some senior leader has to always approve the exceptions ( i.e for kids ). But it just took 20 minutes of time. Thats what i am aware of.

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Subbarao wrote:
chelsea2014 wrote:So much for the premium payment made for me and 2 deps and hrs of delays.

How true is this?
for kids they dont take finger prints. when i went last time, i remembered taht they took a photo and some senior leader has to always approve the exceptions ( i.e for kids ). But it just took 20 minutes of time. Thats what i am aware of.
That's correct its just in today's case, our number was under Waiting Biometrics Verification for more than 3hrs even though the lady that took the biometrics did mention to me due to their IT issues today, it might take between 11/2 to 2 hrs.

Clearly not the case as they announced that their IT issues might take longer than expected.

Well what can i do than just wait till next week for their call.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 pm

[quote="chelsea2014"][quote="Subbarao"][quote="chelsea2014"]So much for the premium payment made for me and 2 deps and hrs of delays.

How true is this?[/quote]

for kids they dont take finger prints. when i went last time, i remembered taht they took a photo and some senior leader has to always approve the exceptions ( i.e for kids ). But it just took 20 minutes of time. Thats what i am aware of.[/quote]

That's correct its just in today's case, our number was under Waiting Biometrics Verification for more than 3hrs even though the lady that took the biometrics did mention to me due to their IT issues today, it might take between 11/2 to 2 hrs.

Clearly not the case as they announced that their IT issues might take longer than expected.

Well what can i do than just wait till next week for their call.[/quote]

Did they at least return original documents like passport etc ?

teir12011
Newly Registered

Post by teir12011 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:07 pm

did you get your decision

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 pm

No documents was returned and wasn't told of any decisions made. What they did was call every single numbers affected by this one at a time to pickup an apology letter and promising to call within next 24hrs (working day)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:47 am

Not unusual, the biometric system often crashes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Croydon is notorious for this. Good luck!

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi Amber,

On the same day I was given the letter for Further Enquiries at the Croydon PEO i.e. 2nd August 2013.

Can this be due to the IT issues they had on the day OR they are actually checking something else on my case.

My case was straight forward i.e. Employed Professional with 40+K per annum. Supplied payslips for last 12 months and the 12 months bank statements too.

Also supplied Life in the UK test sheet and payslips for the durations while I was on my annual leaves.

5 of my arrivals out of 12 into the UK were on IRIS, and I specified this as well on my covering letter as well as section 8B of the form.

Any clue why I was given the further enquiries letter? Was it due to IT issues or they want to make enquiries on my previous immigration history which is for the time while I was on the student visa from April 2004 to May 2008.

Any suggestions or comments on this will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm

One cannot say what they would like to investigate. Your case might have just been a random check. If all the evidence was correct and legitimate I would not worry, if they require anything else they will let you know.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.