ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heich
Newly Registered

CSI

Post by heich » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 pm

my wife is french and her treaty is been exercised as a student,but she does not have CSI.this is because she has been living in the uk since age 9 and now she is 19. she went high school and and is in university here as well but still holds just her french passport.am i still allowed to apply for my eea2 card explaining this to them? and she is pregnant as well. thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 pm

It is possible that the French citizen has already attained permanent residence. What did her parents do since her entry to the UK?

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 pm

thanks for your response. her dad since return to france and her mum never came to england.her mum is late, and she spent most of her adult years in care with social services before she was given her flat which is originally in her name and she has plans to make it permanently hers.she is currently pregnant as well...

heich
Newly Registered

Post by heich » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:29 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It is possible that the French citizen has already attained permanent residence. What did her parents do since her entry to the UK?

and no,she did not do anything about permanent residency,but in my opinion or the level of my knowledge,she lives here permanently...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:51 am

heich wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It is possible that the French citizen has already attained permanent residence. What did her parents do since her entry to the UK?

and no,she did not do anything about permanent residency,but in my opinion or the level of my knowledge,she lives here permanently...
You may have misunderstood what I'd meant. Generally, an EU citizen acquires permanent residence after five years' legal residence in another EU country. This can be as part of being for example a parent's family; the parent would have had to exercise treaty rights during this time.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:53 am

If you wife is a student and has sufficient resources plus sickness insurance, her spouse and children can be with her.