ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question (settlement)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blessedlady

Question (settlement)

Post by blessedlady » Mon May 14, 2007 1:29 pm

In question 7 (settlement visa application)
Have you ver been deported, removed, otherwise required to leave the UK?

My application was refused and allowed to appeal, but not choose to. I stayed in the UK. In the letter If I don't appeal , I have no right to be here, so I am required to leave the UK. I dont actually receive the form IS151A, but in the letter it mentioned that I am being served with IS151A.

Do I have to mention it in the application?

Thanks

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Re: Question (settlement)

Post by AksanaT » Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 pm

blessedlady wrote:In question 7 (settlement visa application)

My application was refused and allowed to appeal, but not choose to. I stayed in the UK. In the letter If I don't appeal , I have no right to be here, so I am required to leave the UK. I dont actually receive the form IS151A, but in the letter it mentioned that I am being served with IS151A.

Thanks
Yes, tell all true. Dont lie because they will find out everything. And you will have more problems. They are not idiots.
Good luck to you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 2:32 pm

Thanks
I wouldn't bother making the application, you'll get refused and waste ur money.

For 99.99% of people the only way to regularise your status here is to leave the UK and apply from ur home country.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon May 14, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks
Can't understand the whole post...
You applied (applying?) for a spouse visa, and you are an overstayer? I really think 100% you won't be successful....you don't have any compassionate grounds (like, really sick child, disability, war back home?) you (will) have an IS151A which means you should leave the UK. The best and ONLY option is to return home with loads of documents and apply from there. You can get all this sorted in like 3 months if you choose this (ONLY) option, otherwise you'll be wasting a heck of a lot of money and time trying to apply from within the UK with your overstayer status. They don't like that and they won't accept it. So simply return home once you've got all your paperwork sorted, legal advice, etc etc etc, apply with all honesty and you will succeed.

If not, you'll just throw money down the drain. Best you and hubby save up and return together so that he can be there. Arm yourselves with photos of the wedding, child(ren)'s birth certificate(s), marriage certificate, employment docs, bank statements, bills with mr. and mrs. on it, bury them with evidence and be honest and they will provide you with a spouse visa.

If it's not a spouse visa you're applying for...still the same rules anyway.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon May 14, 2007 9:59 pm

I was served with IS151A as I was an failed asylum seeker I applied for FLR(M) to home office, waited 3 years after marrying a British ciitzen. NO USE. I wasted 3 years. I went back home armed with evidence documents and got the 2 year spouse visa the next day. I was amazed. so prepare yourself with all the documents. go back home and apply. be honest you will get the visa. If you lie to the British embassy then wave goodbye to your visa.

check the documents I submitted for my spouse application when I applied for your guidance only.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12301

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Tue May 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Thank you all for the infos.
I will definitely go back (country of origin) and apply for entry clearance.
Theres just some question I can't comprehend.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue May 15, 2007 6:19 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:I was served with IS151A as I was an failed asylum seeker I applied for FLR(M) to home office, waited 3 years after marrying a British ciitzen. NO USE. I wasted 3 years. I went back home armed with evidence documents and got the 2 year spouse visa the next day. I was amazed. so prepare yourself with all the documents. go back home and apply. be honest you will get the visa. If you lie to the British embassy then wave goodbye to your visa.

check the documents I submitted for my spouse application when I applied for your guidance only.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12301
Ah! Brilliant! Just goes to show there is sometimes a way...congrats eliasuk4u...btw love the name! :lol:

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 pm

what are those questions????

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Wed May 16, 2007 7:54 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
what are those questions????

Eliasuk4u
I am a bit confused with the folowing question

1. Have you ever been married?, in a relationship or civil partnership?
(is this pertaining to any previous marriage?? we were both single when we get married)

2. Have you ever been engaged to be married or agreed to form a civil partnership?
( I was only engaged with my husband)

3. Where did your relationship begin?
(is this where he proposed?? actualy we didn't live together. I am not in favour of it )

4. have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership at any time? Including since a wedding or civil partnership?

( we only started living together after the wedding up to now).

5. Has your sponsor ever been married in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership? (Is the question pertaining to any previous marriage?)

Thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm

(is this pertaining to any previous marriage?? we were both single when we get married)
The answer is Yes. To your husband.

2. Have you ever been engaged to be married or agreed to form a civil partnership?
Again you answered your question. Yes, its your husband you are angaged to.
(is this where he proposed?? actualy we didn't live together. I am not in favour of it )
This is where you both lived together after you got married. So when did you both started to live together after marriage??. I.e mention the date.

4. have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership at any time? Including since a wedding or civil partnership?

( we only started living together after the wedding up to now)
If you started to live together after wedding then the answer to the above question is yes. give the date when you both started living together after wedding.
5. Has your sponsor ever been married in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership? (Is the question pertaining to any previous marriage?)
Yes. to you.

Good luck

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Thu May 17, 2007 8:14 am

blessedlady wrote:Thank you all for the infos.
I will definitely go back (country of origin) and apply for entry clearance.
this is very good idea.
good luck

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Thu May 17, 2007 6:58 pm

eliasuk4u

Thank you very much

eliasuk4u wrote:

This is where you both lived together after you got married. So when did you both started to live together after marriage??. I.e mention the date.

If you started to live together after wedding then the answer to the above question is yes. give the date when you both started living together after wedding.
Yes. to you.

Good luck

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Thu May 17, 2007 6:59 pm

eliasuk4u

Thank you very much

eliasuk4u wrote:

Yes. to you.

Good luck

Thank you very much

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Thu May 17, 2007 7:53 pm

we got our application filled by a lawyer he told us to tick no to question 1 ,2 and 5 because the question asked is have u ever been married meaning any previous marriage

i have also asked one of my friend who’s wife was granted a spouse visa one month ago. he also confirmed the answer to 1,2 and 5 are no. my wife as already submitted her application. She also confirmed the answer from BHC in Islamabad. The application is very confusing

yesenia
Newly Registered

Post by yesenia » Fri May 18, 2007 7:57 am

Hi all

Please Can anybody shed some light or clarify this as it is confusing.

Your assistance is gratefully appreciated

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:54 am

can anyone help

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun May 20, 2007 1:05 am

the question asked is have u ever been married meaning any previous marriage
If you read the question properly you will understand. I says "Have you ever been married?, in a relationship or civil partnership? " it never mentions a word "previously" to the current marrige or civil partnership.
i have also asked one of my friend who’s wife was granted a spouse visa one month ago. he also confirmed the answer to 1,2 and 5 are no.
When I applied to spouse visa in BHC, I answered exactly as I mentioned as below and I got my visa the second day without interview.

Goodluck

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:12 am

well are the BHC in islamabad wrong coz they told the question was asking about any previous marriage this so confusing. Has anyone ticked No to those question

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Wed May 23, 2007 12:27 pm

I would think you are better off putting more information than less, and hence my wife put yes.

If they are referring to a previous marriage and you include your current one they can ignore it.

If they are asking you about all marriages including your current one and you don't put it in then they are lakcing some information that they need.

The second option is much more likely to cause you problems.

hammad
Newly Registered

same boat

Post by hammad » Wed May 23, 2007 7:06 pm

i would like to know
i been with my partner for 5 yr,s we have a kid 4 yr,s with all the documents needed just got my application refused and got right of appeal is there any consideration

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 pm

hammad, what was your immigration status when you applied? I mean was you legally in the country ie, not an overstayer or asylum seeker? can you elaborate your situation?

hammad
Newly Registered

Post by hammad » Wed May 23, 2007 9:18 pm

i entered legally , then i was in relation ship thats when i became overstayer