ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wirapundi
Newly Registered

Previous application

Post by wirapundi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello

Does anyone know if the UKBA will release what exact points I scored on my previous tier 1 extension?

I am coming up to applying for my ILR, and I now earn slightly more than what I did 2 years ago. However, when I put this information into the points based calculator, it shows I do not have enough points (I have checked this numerous times… because I would expect this means I have made a mistake in the calculator. But I am certain I haven’t). Its’ really confusing me, and the only explanation I come to is that it appears I didn’t have enough points last time, OR that I claimed more points than I should have (for age or qualifications or earnings) and the UKBA didn’t notice. I highly doubt either of those situations.

So… like I say, I really need the actual application form from last time, which I assume the UKBA held onto, because I only had my supporting documents returned and not the application form.

Either that, or there has been a change since that I'm not aware of. But again, I believe the rules that are relevant are the ones that were in force at the time I first applied (so in 2008).

Thank you

Subbarao

Re: Previous application

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 pm

wirapundi wrote:Hello

Does anyone know if the UKBA will release what exact points I scored on my previous tier 1 extension?

I am coming up to applying for my ILR, and I now earn slightly more than what I did 2 years ago. However, when I put this information into the points based calculator, it shows I do not have enough points (I have checked this numerous times… because I would expect this means I have made a mistake in the calculator. But I am certain I haven’t). Its’ really confusing me, and the only explanation I come to is that it appears I didn’t have enough points last time, OR that I claimed more points than I should have (for age or qualifications or earnings) and the UKBA didn’t notice. I highly doubt either of those situations.

So… like I say, I really need the actual application form from last time, which I assume the UKBA held onto, because I only had my supporting documents returned and not the application form.

Either that, or there has been a change since that I'm not aware of. But again, I believe the rules that are relevant are the ones that were in force at the time I first applied (so in 2008).

Thank you

Please check your Tier1 initial approval letter. that will have all the points that you had secured and compare them with now.

wirapundi
Newly Registered

Post by wirapundi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm

I dont appear to have that letter... hence the problem.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 pm

wirapundi wrote:I dont appear to have that letter... hence the problem.
which month did you apply for ILR ? give me the exact date so taht i can match it with my letter and let you know.

wirapundi
Newly Registered

Post by wirapundi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:02 pm

My current tier 1 visa expires mid October 2013, meaning I will be eligable to apply for ILR mid September 2013.

I was granted my original tier 1 visa in October 2008.

I extended my tier 1 visa in September 2011.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:18 am

wirapundi wrote:My current tier 1 visa expires mid October 2013, meaning I will be eligable to apply for ILR mid September 2013.

I was granted my original tier 1 visa in October 2008.

I extended my tier 1 visa in September 2011.

What ever points that you have got for your tier1 extension will apply the same for you. I guess you should have an approval letter at least for the extension ?

The best thing to do is calculate your points using points based calculator. That will exactly gives you the points awarded to you based on your first application date. I hope that helps you. Take a print out of that points based calculator.