ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of career, can i do another masters in the UK ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamil
Newly Registered

Change of career, can i do another masters in the UK ?

Post by kamil » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am

Hi everyone, will appreciate if anyone can help me out. I did my MBA from uk in 2009 and after that was on psw till 2011 and then left for inida. Now 2 years down the line i was thinking about a career change and i now want to do a course in journalism as it always interested me . Applied for ma in journalism and got the offer letter too from one uni and waiting to hear form other unis. Though they gave me offer letter im still worried if i will get the visa due to reasons mentioned as academic progression. Will i be able to do the MA in journalism course after i did my mba in 2009 and left in 2011?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

To meet academic progression criteria your course must be higher and similar to previous qualification and you must not have spent already 6 years on student visa if joining masters. Regardless of past/future career plans, it does not matter.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kamil
Newly Registered

Post by kamil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:47 pm

sheraz7 wrote:To meet academic progression criteria your course must be higher and similar to previous qualification and you must not have spent already 6 years on student visa if joining masters. Regardless of past/future career plans, it does not matter.
I understand that but i want to do journalism, always interested never took it up seriously. One Uni i applied to i was unsuccessful because they said under UKBA rules it doesn't come under academic progression. I tried to explain them in the personal statement that it is a change of career but all in vain. :/

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:32 am

A tier 4 student can do extra studies along with their main course.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Beto76
Newly Registered

Post by Beto76 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:03 am

it may be possible to do another Masters but you would have to justify to the institution why you need to do another programme at the same level. The UKBA usually see progression as a straightforward path through the different level of courses, but highly trusted sponsors can argue academic progression.

It must be genuine progression though.