ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Succcess at PEO Croydon on 29 July 13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ramana66

ILR Succcess at PEO Croydon on 29 July 13

Post by Ramana66 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

Hi All,

It is now my time to tell the ILR success story. First of all, I would like to thank Gurus and every member on the forum for posting their stories and details and advices as it helped greatly in preparing my self and also clearing many doubts.

============
Below are my details

Type: Tier 1 (G) - from begining
First entry clearance: 20 Aug 2008 (valid until 20 Aug 2011)
First arrival in UK: 12 Oct 2008 (within 90 days)
Tier 1 Extension: 1 Sept 2011 (Postal application on 6 Aug 2011), hence extension started slightly later
Tier 1 extn valid until: 1 Sept 2013
Total absences over 5 Years: 244 days
Longest single absence: 35 days
Longest absences in any of the corresponding 5 years: 110 (there was a year when I did not had any absences).
All absences are either business trips (160 days) or personal holidays. No unpaid absences.
Worked for total two companies (still with the second company) since arrived in UK.
No traffic offences or FPN or any other fines or penalties so far for me or my family - knocking on wood :)

==============
PEO appointment details
Date: 29 July 2013 (9:10 am)
Place: Croydon
No. of Applicants: Myself + Spouse + Two sons (elder: 17 years, younger 15 years).
Went through company solicitor as postal application would have resulted me grounded for over 6 months, which was not acceptable to my company as I need to travel regularly on business outside UK (work as a Research Scientist with a global R&D centre).

After the security checks (were quick and efficient), went to the reception to show the appointment letter and took the token number. Then waited at the coffee lounge to be called for payment (took about 5 min). Then after waiting for another 10 minutes called by a case worker who verified the our physical presence and checked the passports and the biometric cards. Then the caseworker has put all our papers in two folders and numbered them and handed over them back to us and asked to wait.
After another 10 min or so, we have been called for biometrics and they were quick and efficient too (finished in about 10 minutues time). Then we have been asked to wait in the lounge.
From the TV monitors we could see that our case is waiting for biometric verification for about 40 minutes (I guess this is where CRB checks etc are being carried out). Then it moved to under consideration for about 30 minutues and then it showed that the documents are ready for collection. We have been called in about 10 min and been handed over the documents and the approval letter at 11.50am and have been told the BRP will arrive in within 7 working days. BRP cards have already arrived at our solicitor on 31st itself, meaning they have been posted on 30th itself. They are now on their way to me.

In total, it took less than 3 hours to complete the process and very efficient and smooth.
===================
Documents submitted

1. Current and previous passports for all applicants (Original + Copies)
2. Biometric cards (Original + Copies)
3. Salary Statements (for past 12 months) signed and stamped by employer as they were online prints - Original + Copies
4. Bank statements showing the salary remittance for past 12 months (
5. One additional bank statement (within last 30 days) + photocopy
6. P60's for last 5 years
7. Reference letter from current and previous employer. It is a simple letter saying that I was employed from xx date to xx date and stating my job requires me to travel on business and all my absences are either for business or for holiday and none of the holidays are unpaid.
8. Absence sheet giving details of absences in 5 corresponding year format. For the absence reasons, I just put Business or Personal
9. I also have one or two missing stamps on the passport while travelling to Europe and also some of the entry stamps by UKBA are hardly legible. But this was not an issue as they would have records for everything.
10. Previous extension approval letter (not required, but to confirm the points for education).
11. Life in UK Certificate for self and spouse
12. Co-Habitation documents (Council tax bills, rent agreement, bank statements, NHS Prescriptions, Hospital letters, Water Bill, Letters from School, Electricity and Gas Bills, TV Licence copy, Letter from Sky, etc. - about 90 letters covering last two years). However, the Solicitor has only submitted under 12 to show 3 - 4 documents spread across the 2 year period).
13. Two photographs of each applicant taken in July 2013
I have kept all the tickets and boarding cards for business and personal trips outside UK since my first trip to UK (but did not took them to the appointment) as I was never sure, what documents would become necessary by ever changing rules. I probably need to arrange a Tip now to clear all these documents, or may be I will wait till next year :)

I think one of the best thing happened in my case is the solicitor went through their own check-list (I guess it may be something similar to what UKBA might be using) and ensure that all the documents are properly tagged and put a sequence the way case worker would like to go through. Hence, it was a smooth and easy process. Wish I had that list so I could post it for benefit of all, but it should be easy to create one for your self based on your case.

My personal advice is that if you prepare well in advance and keep only required documents (don't submit too many documents - As in my case, my solicitor submitted only half of the documents I gave to them), but keep them separately to show it to caseworker if required. Please tag them clearly and also highlight the salary remittances in the bank statement for quick reference, you will be fine.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Once again thanks for all the members for their advice and experiences.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Congratulations. very detaild and useful.

where the absences letter from the employer is mandatory if your absences were total of 70 days over the five years ?

I know others have suggested its not a mandatory if its below 180 days. but just want to listen from your experience.

thanks.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm

I am not sure if it is mandatory as my absences in any single year are less than 180. However, I took it just if they ask and I should able to provide.

In fact, these are in the list of originals which UKBA has retained and not returned to me.

1. Previous BRP cards
2. Previous Employer's reference letter
3. Current Employer's reference letter

However, if you can't get a letter from the previous employer you can ask them to provide a letter stating that they can not provide this for what ever reason. If it is not possible even to get this letter, then write a personal letter explaining the details of the employer and explain your situation why you could not provide this letter. They can always write to your previous employer and take the information (Hopefully the previous employer would certainly respond to UKBA and give factual information).

Hope this helps.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Ramana66 wrote:I am not sure if it is mandatory as my absences in any single year are less than 180. However, I took it just if they ask and I should able to provide.

In fact, these are in the list of originals which UKBA has retained and not returned to me.

1. Previous BRP cards
2. Previous Employer's reference letter
3. Current Employer's reference letter

However, if you can't get a letter from the previous employer you can ask them to provide a letter stating that they can not provide this for what ever reason. If it is not possible even to get this letter, then write a personal letter explaining the details of the employer and explain your situation why you could not provide this letter. They can always write to your previous employer and take the information (Hopefully the previous employer would certainly respond to UKBA and give factual information).

Hope this helps.
Sure. Thanks. They just gave me a letter stating that i have worked them for 4 years and i am eligible for early XX days of paid annual leave. and got my salary silps attested for the months which i was on leave.

Hope that should be fine. but as suggested will explain the same in cover letter.

thank you.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm

I think the letter mentioned by you should be fine and you will be okay.

I understand everyone will be concerned even when their case is straight forward (like me - if you see some of my earlier posts), which is natural.

As long as you are not hiding or submitting false information, and meet the requirements, you should be okay.

By the way, which category are you in - T1 (G)?

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Ramana66 wrote:I think the letter mentioned by you should be fine and you will be okay.

I understand everyone will be concerned even when their case is straight forward (like me - if you see some of my earlier posts), which is natural.

As long as you are not hiding or submitting false information, and meet the requirements, you should be okay.

By the way, which category are you in - T1 (G)?
yeah, thats correct.

I am on WP+Tier2 ICT + Tier1 General.

I just keep my 5 year salary slips as well if in case requried.

thank you for your suggestions.

CSREDDY25

Post by CSREDDY25 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Congratulations Ramana. Thanks for sharing the detailed post. Very useful.

teir12011
Newly Registered

Post by teir12011 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Congrats
How much did you pay fees, did you earlier paid the appt fees and did they reduce to 4515 when you paid at HO

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 am

Yes, Paid 400 when the appointment booked. And balance 4515 on the day of appointment (all these fees were paid by the solicitor directly as my appointment was scheduled by the solicitor)

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Ramana66 wrote:Yes, Paid 400 when the appointment booked. And balance 4515 on the day of appointment (all these fees were paid by the solicitor directly as my appointment was scheduled by the solicitor)
Congrats Ramana,
Can you please tell your ILR was stamped on the passport or just biometric card was given?

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Succcess at PEO Croydon on 29 July 13

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:51 pm

hi Ramana66,

Congratulations for your ILR.

Did you include Police Registeration Certificate?

Thanks

------------------

It is now my time to tell the ILR success story. First of all, I would like to thank Gurus and every member on the forum for posting their stories and details and advices as it helped greatly in preparing my self and also clearing many doubts.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Can you please post the format of Employer as it is removing your personal details.

Can you also post absence letter format removing your personal details.

CONGRATULATIONS AND ENJOY YOUR STAY

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm

@raholptl - No they have stopped stamping on the passport from last 2 years or so. My last renewal also was a biometric residence permit. ILR is also a biometric residence permit.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:31 pm

@ leicester_boy -No, police registration is not required in my case.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm

@ Sujiyo, There are templates on the sticky posts for both employer letter and absence sheet, which you can use (many have used these and successfully obtained the ILR). But I have used the one as given below:

Change the PEO address to the one you are applying or take it as To Whom It May Concern

====================
TO BE PRINTED ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD

Date

Public Enquiry Office
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sirs

Re: Applicants Name, Date of Birth: xx-xx-xxxx, xxxx National

This is to confirm that xxx xxx was employed by xxx xxxx xxx in the UK on PBS Tier 1 visa between xx.xx.xxxx and xx.xx.xxxx.

During the course of his employment, he did not take any unpaid leave and all leave was in accordance with his annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year.

If you require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully

Name
Job Title
==============

If you still want the absence letter format, I am happy to e.mail this to you, but I can't post you. Please PM me your e.mail address.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 pm

thanks Ramana66
-----------------

@ leicester_boy -No, police registration is not required in my case.[/quote]