ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a caution from the police for an assault

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skydiver1234
Newly Registered

Does a caution from the police for an assault

Post by skydiver1234 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Does a caution from the police for an assault bar me from UK citizenship?

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 am

You might have a more serious problem to worry about

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=887560
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:31 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:You might have a more serious problem to worry about

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=887560

hahahah

mealos

Post by mealos » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:22 am

The reason of Good Character Requirement is to protect the society from additional criminals who will then not be able to be removed once naturalized as a British.

I believe this involves assaulters and fraudsters (in this case both the same person) and I would't be happy to see they are finding help and support here from other immigrants even via guidance.

Is the next step helping the sexual criminals, burglars and thieves?

Indeed it's my point of view, everyone should act according to their own conscience, believes and identity.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 am

mealos wrote:The reason of Good Character Requirement is to protect the society from additional criminals who will then not be able to be removed once naturalized as a British.

I believe this involves assaulters and fraudsters (in this case both the same person) and I would't be happy to see they are finding help and support here from other immigrants even via guidance.

Is the next step helping the sexual criminals, burglars and thieves?

Indeed it's my point of view, everyone should act according to their own conscience, believes and identity.
People make mistakes, we're not here to judge only explain how they will potentially be treated by the Home Office, we know little about the OPs circumstances so cannot make judgemental comments. Furthermore, not everyone on here is an 'immigrant' you don't have to be an 'immigrant' to support others!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Sorry if I have offended you Amber, I know that you amongst all are a person that is genuinely trying to help people out here and wasn't criticizing you at all.

I agree with you about not judging people before knowing their real story. However unfortunately there are people who are living in UK merely due to the fact that the system is way more exploitable for fraudsters, criminals and thieves (I am also referring to benefit thieves).

Ethics is completely a personal perspective, for me consequence of a deed identifies if it is a good act or not. Thus, -again only my own point of view- helping is good yet helping someone achieving a bad thing is supporting evil independent of the thresholds you set e.g negligible evil to felony.

Oh and in terms of being an immigrant or not: for me anyone not born here from settled parents are immigrants, I find the idea of a certificate saying otherwise changes this fact rather entertaining. I am an immigrant, I know that will remain one even if 2 months from now I could be holding a UK passport along with my homeland's.

Again, would never ever think of accusing or criticizing neither you nor no one else here.

Regards