ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Route - Help Required

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

EEA Family Route - Help Required

Post by amritkapoor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am

HI All,

I have recently been made aware about the EEA family permit route for non-european citizens. As per my limited understanding, a non-European citizen can apply for the family permit that will be valid for 6 months within which he/she can apply for residence permit card that gives full freedom to live in the country and exercise rights such as work or using NHS facilities. Hope my understanding is correct

Now to my query and brief background:

My parents aged 65 and 61 years old respectively stay in India alone. They do not have any job and are solely dependent on me. I send them money from my Indian account every month and can prove the same via the bank statements (been doing that since last 3-4 years). My parents have been in UK 3 times and also to Paris (tourism) and Netherlands (family) with all expenses paid by myself. They had 2 previous UK family visitor’s visa. Their 1st visa was for 6 months and 2nd visa for 2 years which expired around 1.5 years back. My parents own the house in which they are currently residing. But since it’s only a 1 bed house, it cannot be used for any rental purposes to earn any extra income. I am emotionally very close to my parents and ensure to visit them once every year (will have proof to show the same as well)

I have an ILR since last 2.5 years and my wife is a British citizen since last 3 years. We have 2 kids; both of them being British Citizens from birth. I live in a rented 3 bed room house but is the owner of another 3 bed house that has been put on rent (staying in the rented accommodation due to location advantage). I have a decent job and can show sufficient finances to support my parents in this country.

I was thinking about using the "Surinder Singh" route, as have studied and explored all other routes to call my parents to UK without seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

Will it be fine if my wife (and/or with family), who is a UK citizen works in an European country for 3 months, show my parents as depedent. This should enable my parents to exercise the rights of applying for european family permit. Post which they can apply for residence permit and can live with us, as required.

please let me know if the above is feasible and any particular points that we need to be aware or careful about.

I am aware that it may seem using a loophole in the system but have no other option, as have explored all routes of calling my old parents (who have not been keeping well) but have not seen hope with any of the other routes.

Will appreciate the help in this regard

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family Route - Help Required

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:35 pm

amritkapoor wrote:HI All,

I have recently been made aware about the EEA family permit route for non-european citizens. As per my limited understanding, a non-European citizen can apply for the family permit that will be valid for 6 months within which he/she can apply for residence permit card that gives full freedom to live in the country and exercise rights such as work or using NHS facilities. Hope my understanding is correct

Now to my query and brief background:

My parents aged 65 and 61 years old respectively stay in India alone. They do not have any job and are solely dependent on me. I send them money from my Indian account every month and can prove the same via the bank statements (been doing that since last 3-4 years). My parents have been in UK 3 times and also to Paris (tourism) and Netherlands (family) with all expenses paid by myself. They had 2 previous UK family visitor’s visa. Their 1st visa was for 6 months and 2nd visa for 2 years which expired around 1.5 years back. My parents own the house in which they are currently residing. But since it’s only a 1 bed house, it cannot be used for any rental purposes to earn any extra income. I am emotionally very close to my parents and ensure to visit them once every year (will have proof to show the same as well)

I have an ILR since last 2.5 years and my wife is a British citizen since last 3 years. We have 2 kids; both of them being British Citizens from birth. I live in a rented 3 bed room house but is the owner of another 3 bed house that has been put on rent (staying in the rented accommodation due to location advantage). I have a decent job and can show sufficient finances to support my parents in this country.

I was thinking about using the "Surinder Singh" route, as have studied and explored all other routes to call my parents to UK without seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

Will it be fine if my wife (and/or with family), who is a UK citizen works in an European country for 3 months, show my parents as depedent. This should enable my parents to exercise the rights of applying for european family permit. Post which they can apply for residence permit and can live with us, as required.

please let me know if the above is feasible and any particular points that we need to be aware or careful about.

I am aware that it may seem using a loophole in the system but have no other option, as have explored all routes of calling my old parents (who have not been keeping well) but have not seen hope with any of the other routes.

Will appreciate the help in this regard

yes u can move to another eu country,but it doesn't seem it would be easy to do in just 3 months,u have to move with the whole family to another eu country and apply for a visa for your parents to join u and u need to apply for their residence card in the same country where u are going to move,plus u need to show that they are living with u in that country.

please read this thread below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=138599
UK------++++-------****

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:31 pm

It is possible for a British citizen to work in another EU country, bring their family members to to that country, then later, be treated as if they were an EU citizen on return to the UK.

Parents require to be dependent on the EU citizen.

There does not appear to be a specified minimum time that one must work in another EU state, but the longer it is, the more likely that it would be considered to be genuine. Who knows, one may prefer the other EU state to the UK.

amritkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by amritkapoor » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:21 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:It is possible for a British citizen to work in another EU country, bring their family members to to that country, then later, be treated as if they were an EU citizen on return to the UK.

Parents require to be dependent on the EU citizen.

There does not appear to be a specified minimum time that one must work in another EU state, but the longer it is, the more likely that it would be considered to be genuine. Who knows, one may prefer the other EU state to the UK.
Thanks ....
One key question is the definition of the "dependent" in this case. Is it only financial dependent or does it qualify for the same category as "Adult Dependent Visa". The latter has some very stringent conditions and is very difficult to met.

The reason for asking this question is that if its same as "Adult dependent Visa" then it makes the case all the more difficult, as you will have to satisfy both the conditions.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm

It would not be the same as the terms that might be set out under the UK's immigration rules.

Dependency would be a fact or not.

aaosami
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Route - Help Required

Post by aaosami » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:14 pm

m curious about bringing my husband from nigeria. Im an irish national living in the uk since january, i worked part time frm february till april, then i went to nigeria to get married and came back to the Uk in july. Im pregnant with our first baby and i managed to get a job of over 20hours weekly last week. I live in a shared accomodation. Please can you advise me on the documents required to support my husbands eea family permit application. I will appreciate concrete advise. Thanks