ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Languauge Test Result Expiry during Visa processing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PinkFloyd

English Languauge Test Result Expiry during Visa processing

Post by PinkFloyd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Greeting to All.

We are applying for my Wife visa (along with our new born) in India this month (before 28th Aug). She has TOEFL grades that meet the requirement but the test result expires on 28th August. My query is if we 'lodge' the application before this date, will it be taken as a valid document if it expires during the processing period?

I am searched the pages here and on UKBA and there is no text which can hint towards it. Any comments and/or links on validity of documents will be immensely helpful.

Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 am

Sorry, I failed to garner any response and now wondering if is it too basic that I overlooked or in the very grey territory.

Either way, can someone hint as to what is meant by a valid English test certificate i.e. it should have not expired at the time of lodging the application or should have validity during the entire visa processing period.

Common sense says since there is no defined processing period, one cannot ensure the validity for it but I am wary of a hidden clause or an expectation that the document should be valid for at least some time (say 1-2 months) from the day the application is made. Just want to cross check with the community here if that is or is not the case.

Thanks!

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

Quick Update, just in case someone besotted with the same confusion, comes looking around here...
I asked the consulate about the expiry of the documents whilst the visa is being processed and they said that it is fine so long as the document is valid on the day of lodging the application.
Special consideration though for the TB certificate which should be a valid one when the journey is undertaken as it will be asked at the airport when entering the UK.

nawaz86

Post by nawaz86 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi wots a TB certificate