ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help.Switching from Tier.2(General)2Tier.4(Dependant)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dxbtouk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Urgent Help.Switching from Tier.2(General)2Tier.4(Dependant)

Post by dxbtouk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:58 am

Hi Guys,i need some advice and help if possible.

I came to UK in December 2008,finished my Masters and got my PSW visa for 2 years and luckily i got a job as a IT contractor in 2012 and i switched my visa to Tier.2 ( General ) from PSW and i was sponsored by an Umbrella company . Everything was fine till early this year but now the problem is employers are not accepting Tier.2(General) for contractors and they are accepting Tier.1 or any other visa and a Dependant as well but not a Tier.2(General) for sure and i am just wasting my time without job from 6 months.I mean , i got some very good contracts but they are not accepting my current visa.

I will be finishing my 5 years in UK in December 2013.
As this visa is not benefiting me anyhow and as you guys are aware there is no other visa to work here flexibly i thought of better getting my wife here on a Tier.4 student in a Masters course in some good University and then i can change as her Dependant where i could have flexibility to do any contracts or permanents in UK . And later on she can move to Phd as well.Its just to finish my 10 years in UK as ill be eligible for a PR at least in that category.

My main concern is , once i get married by the end of this year(hopefully) i am thinking of brining her here on her own and then registering my marriage in UK and then changing my visa as her dependant . ? Anyhow, i have my current Tier.2(General) visa valid till end of 2015.

I haven't got clue what you guys think but guys your advices are really really important and useful for me . I don't know if i can apply for a dependant visa within UK or do i need to go back and apply back home from India along with her ? Please help and advice.

Your advices are appreciated and will be gratefully received.
Hope to hear from someone very soon.

Deviser

Re: Urgent Help.Switching from Tier.2(General)2Tier.4(Depend

Post by Deviser » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:23 pm

dxbtouk wrote:Hi Guys,i need some advice and help if possible.

I came to UK in December 2008,finished my Masters and got my PSW visa for 2 years and luckily i got a job as a IT contractor in 2012 and i switched my visa to Tier.2 ( General ) from PSW and i was sponsored by an Umbrella company . Everything was fine till early this year but now the problem is employers are not accepting Tier.2(General) for contractors and they are accepting Tier.1 or any other visa and a Dependant as well but not a Tier.2(General) for sure and i am just wasting my time without job from 6 months.I mean , i got some very good contracts but they are not accepting my current visa.

I will be finishing my 5 years in UK in December 2013.
As this visa is not benefiting me anyhow and as you guys are aware there is no other visa to work here flexibly i thought of better getting my wife here on a Tier.4 student in a Masters course in some good University and then i can change as her Dependant where i could have flexibility to do any contracts or permanents in UK . And later on she can move to Phd as well.Its just to finish my 10 years in UK as ill be eligible for a PR at least in that category.

My main concern is , once i get married by the end of this year(hopefully) i am thinking of brining her here on her own and then registering my marriage in UK and then changing my visa as her dependant . ? Anyhow, i have my current Tier.2(General) visa valid till end of 2015.

I haven't got clue what you guys think but guys your advices are really really important and useful for me . I don't know if i can apply for a dependant visa within UK or do i need to go back and apply back home from India along with her ? Please help and advice.

Your advices are appreciated and will be gratefully received.
Hope to hear from someone very soon.
You cannot switch in-country. You need to apply from home country. Best thing is just pack your bags, go to your home coutry, get married and apply for your wife's student visa with you as dependent.

dxbtouk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dxbtouk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks for the reply my friend.I really appreciate it.

What i thought of doing is,

After getting married in India and my wife will come here on her Tier.4 student visa and anyhow as i have a valid Tier.2(General) ill be coming on my visa.

After we both come to UK , we want to get married here again by registering our marriage .

I want to show to HO that we know each other from many years or whatever the time and as she came to UK for her studies we decided of getting marrying here and hence got married and i choose to be her dependant for her whole period of studies. Atleast HO wouldn't know that we are already a married couple unless we tell them.

Please throw some light on this too. I am trying to find more information on this but cant find anything which says clearly do's and dont's. Please advice and your suggestions would be gratefully received .Cheers.