ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Member of EEA Applied EEA FP no sign of replay

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUfamilymember

Family Member of EEA Applied EEA FP no sign of replay

Post by EUfamilymember » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:22 pm

hi there,

I supposed to get married with EEA national on april 2013 in uk, Unfortunately i was caught by the border police due to "overstaying" and put me detention centre Briefly February 2012, the college informed me that i have to pay tuition fee for the whole course of study which seemed absurd. but i wanted to pay the tuition fee in installment. Then my college threatened me that they would not sponsor me anymore. However, the college never informed me that they had notified the UKBA regarding me. i neither received any letter from college or from the UKBA regarding this curtailment which was saying that my visa is valid till July 2012.I was completely unaware of this till wedding day. I have been to college several times and i was said that i can attend classes if I pay whole tuition and late payment fees. But still I have not been told about visa curtailment. Moreover, After UKBA arrested me they provided a royal mail tracking number which never been delivered to me.

My wife tried to take out me on bail but ukba put some silly reason to denied my bail. how ever later me and my wife decided to leave uk and comeback to my home country ( voluntary leave completely our own expenses). then we got married we applied for EEA Family Permit, 14 days passed we still waiting for response.

We provided all following papers:
marriage certificate
our both cover letter explaining our situation
pictures(57 photos from many different places and our wedding)
our both bank statement
Wife's last 1 year payslips with P45
Wife's parents statement that they will help us for residing in uk with bank statement
prove that my wife was visiting me while i was staying in detention center
On our wedding ceremony in uk, my wife's parents came from her home country, wife's friends from her hometown, and my grandparents from Switzerland. we also provided all of those plane tickets with our application.

please if anyone have the same situation like me or want to advise or share experiences post here, will be very helpful for us.

thanks again
Last edited by EUfamilymember on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:18 pm

My wife tried to take out me on bail but ukba put some silly reason to denied my bail. how ever later me and my wife decided to leave uk and comeback to my home country ( voluntary leave completely our own expenses). then we got married we applied for EEA 1, 14 days passed we still waiting for response.
EEA1 is not the correct application for non EEA family members.

If you are outside the UK, then you may apply for a free EEA family permit prior to going to the UK.

If you are in the UK, then you may apply for EEA2.
Last edited by vinny on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:23 pm

vinny wrote:EEA1 is not the correct application for non EEA family members.

If you are outside the UK, then you may apply for a free EEA family permit prior to going to the UK.

If you are in the UK, then you may apply for EEA2.
We applied EEA family permit. sorry for that.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 pm

How long its normally take to response? anyone got any idea.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Normally 2-3 weeks but this differ from post to post. Where did you apply?

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:43 am

hi. if u apply in dhaka, then it will take 11-14 working days. i got in 11 working days.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:22 am

Contact them and expedite your application.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am

Jambo wrote:Normally 2-3 weeks but this differ from post to post. Where did you apply?
applied in dhaka BHC.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:04 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Contact them and expedite your application.
No response yet. there is one email address on ukba website and it says

" If you are still waiting for a decision on your application after this time has elapsed, please email the UK Border Agency in Dhaka at: Immigration.Enquiries@fco.gov.uk

Please do not email the UK Border Agency unless you have been waiting longer than the time stated above for a decision. We will not respond to your enquiry unless this time has passed."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

what shall we do now. my wife's flight on 1st week of this next month. we planned to travel together.

so painful...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 pm

It would appear that the time has past or is about to (15 days for non-settlement applications). Ask them. By law, as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I would definitely contact them.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I would definitely contact them.
thanks for your reply, guys. i wanted to email them but im not sure if i should sent a copy to mp as well. if yes, how shall we do it, separately or cc.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:56 pm

I would contact all the possible people. Beginning of August is coming quickly. Be sure to point out that this type of visa is required by law to be issued on a priority basis.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:09 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I would contact all the possible people. Beginning of August is coming quickly. Be sure to point out that this type of visa is required by law to be issued on a priority basis.

Thanks for quick response. We sent emails to UKBA and our MP. Hope to get response soon. Still waiting for a replay from European Commission. All I am worrying is that my overstaying is going to be a problem. Also fact that my wife is currently in Bangladesh, not in UK, means that shes not working right now, might be a reason to refuse my application. Even though we showed enough money and she was working in UK before. Getting mad.

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Dear friends,

I haven't got any response from anywhere. really so worried.

:(

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

You can not expect an instant answer. Sorry it does not work like that.

But you need to keep after them. Offer to both come in together to talk with them. Say you can do it on Wednesday. for example...

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You can not expect an instant answer. Sorry it does not work like that.

But you need to keep after them. Offer to both come in together to talk with them. Say you can do it on Wednesday. for example...
Thanks for your reply, so we should change our flight date, cause my wife's flight confirmed ( she bought return ticket from uk). its better to change the date.

I know i can fly to uk by myself, as far as im joining my wife.

my wife not working at this moment. so we submitted as a unemployed person. DO WE STILL NEED INSURANCE? we both used to work till april then all of things happens to us and we moved to bangladesh on may.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 am

What do you mean you submitted as an unemployed person?

How long has your wife lived and worked in the UK?
How long has she been away from the UK on this trip?

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What do you mean you submitted as an unemployed person?

How long has your wife lived and worked in the UK?
How long has she been away from the UK on this trip?
my mistake. in part 7 of application there's a question: what are the eea national's current employment circumstances? and we answered: economically self sufficient. as we proved that we'll get money from our parents. does it mean that we need insurance?

my wife lives in uk since beginning of april last year. and she was working for around 9 months. details are described in a cover letter. she left last job on march this year.
in the end of august it will be exactly 3 months when we left uk.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Have you had any reply yet? Who have you been contacting in the mean time?

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Have you had any reply yet? Who have you been contacting in the mean time?
hello there,

thanks for your reply. we got no reply from ukba yet. we contacted our mp, 'your europe advice' and ukba obviously. but all we heard is that we need to wait, no decision has been made yet, etc. my wife is going back to uk in 2 days. she's going to start a job and manage insurance. we're trying to prepare ourselves for rejection our application so need to start preparing all the additional documents that might help us later (though we still have no idea on what ground our application might be refused). stressful time as we need to stay separately for a while... again

EUfamilymember

Post by EUfamilymember » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:10 pm

still waiting for my response. soo frustrating... going to be a month this week.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 am

EUfamilymember wrote:still waiting for my response. soo frustrating... going to be a month this week.
i strongly suggest that u and your wife go to the borders(preferably calais) and seek admission on the spot,its more likely that they will refuse your eea family permit,we all wish u good luck and hope that they will issue u the visa ,but sincerely i doubt it..we have seen so many times this happens,they keep people waiting for more than they should and at the end they refuse for very silly reasons.

take your wife,fly to paris or lille,take a train from there to calais and take a ferry by foot,get to the borders boots,the french will let u pass their side,and then u will get to the uk side,just be armed with your marriage certificate,both passports,a print outs of the directive 2004/38/EC,a print out of the METOK case of the ECJ and a covering letter that explains that your wife exercised her treaty rights in the past year in the uk,and that she is going to resume looking for work and that you are both going to reside in the uk and that under the eu regulation they should let u in..now,u need to remember something,the ukba would do their best to make your experience as painful as possible,because of your past immigration history as i've read about a similar case like yours in this forum where the couple in question got held in calais for around 7 to 8 hours,and the non eu citizen was in a detention room the whole time and was questioned for several hours 3 times during the interrogations and even his wife was questioned .

i'm just saying that u should know the risks,nevertheless,its better than getting a refusal,then if u choose to reapply u might get refused again for other reason and at the end if u want to appeal,the whole process would take around 6 month give or take..one of the members got refused and when he appealed,he got a positive reply after 7 months(DONALD_F case)
i don't know if i got the name right,but most of the gurus and mods remembers the case and might confirm the story.

there is some topics in the forum regarding calais and seeking admission at port (code 1A STAMP)and some couple's experiences.
UK------++++-------****

vinny

Re: urgent help needed!

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:07 pm

EUfamilymember wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=141389 - our previous thread about our application

Hi everyone,

my husband got refused today for completely ridiculous reason. they said it is a marriage of convenience and we did not prove that we were together in UK. moreover, our marriage certificate is not genuine (sick!) we lost our hope to get visa to enter to UK.

my flight is today at night. we are little bit worried because they have my details and they might (?) refuse my entry to uk. can they really do this?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

EUfamilymember

Re: urgent help needed!

Post by EUfamilymember » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:09 pm

vinny wrote:
EUfamilymember wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=141389 - our previous thread about our application

Hi everyone,

my husband got refused today for completely ridiculous reason. they said it is a marriage of convenience and we did not prove that we were together in UK. moreover, our marriage certificate is not genuine (sick!) we lost our hope to get visa to enter to UK.

my flight is today at night. we are little bit worried because they have my details and they might (?) refuse my entry to uk. can they really do this?
Sorry for making another thread. we are really dont know what to do.