ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRL AND DRIVING OFFENCE urgent please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fqvision

IRL AND DRIVING OFFENCE urgent please

Post by fqvision » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello there,
I will really appreciate your advice on my case...

I am currently holding a spouse visa which is expiring in sep 2013. I have been convicted with driving without insurance in UK. I was fined in the court with points. in Feb 2011
I was looking at the Set (M) to fill out for the ILR and there was a section for 'Personal History', which requires declaration of any ciminal and traffic offences.

For the question regarding 'the nature of the offence', do I answer 'traffic offence' or are they looking for any other information about the offence?

I wonder also if anyone knows of cases where applicants were refused the ILR due to the declaration of driving without insurance? I am extremely worried.

I will put in the details of my conviction ie. Court Order #, penalty, conviction date. Any other information I need to include? I just want all information in the form to be clear, factual and concise, without over-lengthy explanation which may sound like an excuse. Do I need to explain reason for not being insured (negligence) in the form or just leave that?

Can I apply in person in this case (as I am not sure this will be considered a straightforward case)? Other than this conviction, everything else is straightforward as I am married to a British and have one KID and we both are working full time without claiming any benefits.

Please do advise as any advice and information will be most helpful. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
fqvi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:22 pm

As 24 months has lapsed the conviction will no longer be a general grounds for refusal. Declare it as a conviction - traffic offence (driving without insurance). You can apply at the PEO. If you have children, your spouse may claim child benefit in his/her name and you may claim tax credits jointly without it affecting your application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fqvision

Sorry Date Mistake its 2012, after september 5 months left

Post by fqvision » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Sorry ITs year 2012 not 2011
well if i apply for FLR (M)
do i have to provide financial requirement,
and what about the personal history section (do I still need to mention driving offence)
and can I try first IRL if the refuse me so same day same time I can request to submit my FLR(M)
Please advice

fqvision

Sorry Date Mistake its 2012, after september 5 months left

Post by fqvision » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Sorry ITs year 2012 not 2011
and what about the personal history section (do I still need to mention driving offence)
and can I try first IRL if the refuse me so same day same time I can request to submit my FLR(M)
Please advice

fqvision

Re: Sorry Date Mistake its 2012, after september 5 months le

Post by fqvision » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

fqvision wrote:Sorry ITs year 2012 not 2011
Please advice

I GOT MY ILR with Driving Offence lol

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.