ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions about citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobby80gh

Few questions about citizenship

Post by bobby80gh » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:44 am

I applied for my ILR in August 2012 under 10 years long residence and I received a decision in February 2013. I want to apply for my citizenship but have few queries.

1. When can I apply for citizenship. Can I take advantage of the protracted delay through no fault of mine which allows me to apply 15 months after applying for my ILR. Have there been any successful case posted on this forum.

2. I have a job abroad starting next. If I take up the job it means I will spend more than 90 but less that 170 days out of the UK in the last 12 months. I have a business in the UK and will be paying PAYE, NI as well as corporation tax in the UK. I will coming to the UK every two months for a week. I also intend to make UK my permanent place of residence in the long term. Do I qualify for the citizenship under the exceptions stated by UKBA when a person has spent more than 90 days out of the UK

3. Can I apply through NCS under both scenarios. I learnt the NCS can only accept straight forward cases.

4. If I chose to apply directly to UKBA do I need to include my passport and BRP?

Thanks to everyone who reads and shares his/her opinion.