ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Dependant Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Work Permit Dependant Visa

Post by kck9 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Dear Friends,
I need some information regarding the application of dependent visa from India.

My sister who is living in India, recently got married to the person who is on 5 year work permit in UK. Now my sister need to apply for dependant visa. Could you guys please help me by giving the checklist. Also could you give me the formats of any sponsorship letter and covering letters etc.

Thank you

chetan

Dependant visa

Post by chetan » Wed May 16, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Kck9,

I dont think your sister needs to provide any documents, but she can provide things like her bank statements, qualifications - certificates.

I am a workpermit holder in uk and documents I provided for my wife's dependant visa (I applied in Tanzania - 2 weeks ago and got visa same day, requirements in India might be similar)

Workpermit letter
Copy of passport and leave to remain
P60
Payslips
Employment contract
Letter from employer
Bank statements
Letter from bank stating authenticity of bank statements
Utility bills - Water, gas, electric, telephone-landline
Tenancy agreement, Rent receipts or House doucments

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Dear Chetan,

Thank you for your reply. Few more doubts..........

1. P60 - Is this compulsory.... also is it ok if we have a letter from the employer stating the earnings for the whole year.
2. Letter from the employer - means, is it something like permission for getting the wife or something different.
3. Bank statements - How much amount we need to show at the end of each statement. ofcourse the salary will be shown, but do we maintain any balance....
4. Letter from bank stating authenticity of bank statements - is this compulsory again. because most of the banks dont have any kind of this format.
5. Utility bills - Water, gas, electric, telephone-landline
Tenancy agreement, Rent receipts or House doucments -------
Regarding this we got only tenancy agreement, we haven't got anything else. All the utility bills are generally paid by the owner. so we haven't got anything apart from agreement.

Also could you please send me the format of any sponsorship letter / covering letter.

Thank you

chetan

Post by chetan » Thu May 17, 2007 9:14 am

Hi kck9,

I dont think you need a sponsorship letter, document evidence should be good enough.

P60
Not compulsory but will put weight on your application

Letter from the employer
Stating your position in the company, when u joined the company and your salary

Bank statements
Not too sure what the minimum amount is, may be 1000 pounds or more, depending how long you have been working in the uk

Letter from bank stating authenticity of bank statements
This was compulsory in my case as it is part of the official checklist.

Utility bills and Tenancy agreement
Again not sure how this will be in your case as you are not paying any utility bills yourself. Best if you call the BHC about this or if anyone else on this board who has been through similar experience as yourself to help

Official Checklist from BHC in Tanzania:

DEPENDANTS OF A PERSON IN A LONG STAY CATEGORY - CHECKLIST

THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIED BY THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION AS BEING REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ASSESS YOUR VISA APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE, OR DO NOT WISH TO SUBMIT, THESE DOCUMENTS YOU SHOULD EITHER DELAY YOUR APPLICATION IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THEM OR CONFIRM THAT YOU WISH TO GO AHEAD WITHOUT SUBMITTING THEM.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED AFTER YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN LODGED.

NB In all cases where the visa applicant is under 18 years of age it is a mandatory requirement that the original birth certificate is supplied. The parent(s) named on the certificate must provide written consent for the applicant to travel; this must take the form of a statement witnessed and authenticated by a notary public. If one parent named on the certificate is not available one of the following alternatives must be supplied: Original death certificate of that parent; a court order granting sole custody to the remaining parent or; Original court order of adoption of the child.

• Passport or acceptable travel document with at least 6 months validity remaining.

• VAF 1 fully and correctly completed and signed by the applicant.

• 2 photographs – passport style, 45mm x 35mm, taken against a plain, uncoloured, evenly lit, light background. Recent, true likeness showing full face with no hat, helmet or sunglasses. Everyday spectacles, turban or hijab may be worn. Photos that do not conform to these standards will be rejected.

• Cash for the visa fee.

• Legally certified Evidence of the Sponsor’s immigration status (i.e. passport and leave to remain)

• Original birth certificates of dependant children.

• Original marriage certificates of spouses.

• Original letter from sponsor’s employer or place of education.

• Sponsors Work permit (if applicable)

• Evidence of accommodation available in the UK: Sponsor’s mortgage or tenancy agreement and at least one utility bill(s) of that person’s home address in UK. Utilities are Water, Electricity, Gas, Telephone (landline) and Council Tax. If accommodation is to be in a student hostel etc, then any reservation and payment details should be included.

• Evidence of maintenance available in UK. Maintenance is measured in financial terms and must therefore be evidenced by the bank statements of whoever is providing the maintenance, usually the person upon whom the applicant is dependant. All bank statements produced should cover a period of six months and be less than two weeks old on the date of application.

• Bank Statements of all individuals who are paying or contributing to the cost of the trip. (eg: If a parent, an uncle and a friend are all giving some funds to the cost of an air ticket, all three must produce bank statements. This is in addition to whoever is providing maintenance and accommodation, if different). All bank statements produced should cover a period of six months and be less than two weeks old on the date of application.

• Applicant’s own, personal bank statements. This is irrespective of whether any of the costs are actually being paid by the applicant. All bank statements produced should cover a period of six months and be less than two weeks old on the date of application.

• Bank Letter for EACH of the bank statements provided confirming the Authencity of the Bank Statements.

Kind Regards.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:58 am

Thnx Chetan,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. Hope that, in our case (being a dependant of a work permit holder) the application is

Application form VAF1 - Non-Settlement (PDF, 165K) but not

Application form VAF2 - Settlement (PDF, 139K).

Please confirm. He is having the work permit until 2011.

Thank you

chetan

Post by chetan » Thu May 17, 2007 11:08 am

Hi kck9,

Yes thats correct you need to fill the Application form VAF1 - Non-Settlement (PDF, 165K)

Kind Regards.