ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying period for EEA4 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veritas
Newly Registered

Qualifying period for EEA4 Application

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:56 am

Dear forum members you have been great help for many .i appreciate that people take time from their busy life style to answer and help other forum members . I read the forum but got little bit confused about five year qualifying residence period . I would really appreciate if any body can answer and sorry if it has been answered already . I got married 18 October 2007 but my wife got her WRS certificate in December 2007 but we are living together since October 2006. Well just wanted ask helpful members of forum that when my qualifying 5 years period start ? From day of marriage or day we got WRS certificate or day we started to live together ? Please If you have time may be some guru can shed light on it .

veritas
Newly Registered

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Any one have any idea please share .

facts

Post by facts » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Your qualifying period starts from December 2007 if your wife has continued work for 5 years and completed WRS for first 12 months.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

You start date is that when you starting living in the UK in accordance with the regulations. To be living in accordance with the regulations, for you, means living in the UK while your family member exercised treaty rights.

Generally, EU nationals do this by being a worker, student or self-sufficient person. Their first three months of residence do not have any conditions. A8 countries were required to register on WRS.

veritas
Newly Registered

Post by veritas » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you very much guys. I appreciate you help. I thought as well the period start from partner exercising treaty rights but i read some posts where they were saying about living together . But again thanks .