ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_922

Child born in the UK

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am

Hi,
I am applying for settlement along with my wife. My daughter was born in the UK and we intend to apply for her British passport once we get our settlement.

Question is, in the application form - should I mention my daughter's name as a dependent? I have booked a PEO appointment only for me and 1 dependent (my wife).

I am just confused if it would be wrong to not mention my daughter when she is actually my dependent (just that I am not applying for her settlement yet).

Second Question is, Can I take my daughter to the PEO apppointment?

Thanks for your help.

z18runway

Re: Child born in the UK

Post by z18runway » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:18 pm

I am applying for settlement along with my wife. My daughter was born in the UK and we intend to apply for her British passport once we get our settlement.
You cannot apply for british passport for your child until you register her as British citizen under section 1(3) unsing MN1 form.
Question is, in the application form - should I mention my daughter's name as a dependent? I have booked a PEO appointment only for me and 1 dependent (my wife).

No.

I am just confused if it would be wrong to not mention my daughter when she is actually my dependent (just that I am not applying for her settlement yet).
Second Question is, Can I take my daughter to the PEO apppointment?
You can take her for the appointment, but you cannot add her as dependent just because you are taking her along with you.

Thanks for your help.

vinny

Re: Child born in the UK

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm

hsmp_922 wrote:Question is, in the application form - should I mention my daughter's name as a dependent? I have booked a PEO appointment only for me and 1 dependent (my wife).
Where in the form would you like to mention your daughter?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm

hsmp_922

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks all...Can I register her using the M1N form & would that get her a passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Yes, after you are granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.