ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) document question for spouse visa applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guavaguy
Newly Registered

SET (M) document question for spouse visa applicant

Post by guavaguy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm

My wife will be applying for her LTR SET (M) later in the year just prior to her spouse visa expiring

We were already married before she obtained the spouse visa, so I've been going through the form to see what documents need to be presented when we visit the PEO.

Most of it seems pretty straight forward, (I'm a British citizen, she is Colombian and working here as a Doctor). We've both been married previously.

However the form does seem contradictory in connection to whether we need to provide our previous divorce documents.

On section 2.23 it indicates we do, but at Section 11b it appears we don't as this is only required if you were subsequently married after you were last granted a visa as an unmarried partner.

Obviously when we obtained my wife's spouse visa we did have to present these kind of documents, so it would seem strange if we had to do it all over again for the ILR. Completing 2.23 though, seems to be unavoidable though although I noticed there is no need to provide a marriage certificate.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!