ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Section 3(5) application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gigi1198
Newly Registered

MN1 Section 3(5) application

Post by Gigi1198 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi.

I'm applying for my kids to be naturalised under section 3(5). Born outside UK. Their dad is BC by descent. We have been married for 7 yrs and living in the UK for the last 3.

The guide MN1, page 29 suggests that their British grandfather's naturalisation certificate and marriage certificate is required. However, the ukba website doesn't say this.

Has anyone applied under section 3(5) a d been asked for these documents? I would have thought the kids' birth certificates, passports, my marriage certificate and my husbands passport would be enough!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 am

You need to show grandparent was British otherwise than by descent so include their naturalisation certificate and the marriage certificate and also your husbands Birth Certificate showing the link.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Gigi1198
Newly Registered

Post by Gigi1198 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks Amber,

I have asked my father-in-law for these.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Section 3(5) registration is an entitlement and cannot be refused if the statutory requirements are met. And since grandparent's status is irrelevant, this information can safely be omitted from the application. It should not cause a problem.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Sorry my error it is section 3(2) where the grandparent is relevant not 3(5).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.