ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary requirement!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Noman83

Salary requirement!!!

Post by Noman83 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:39 pm

My friend is a fully qualified ACCA member and CTA member as well . He is currently working in a public practice on £28500 per annum . His current Psw visa is going to expire on 23/09/2013. He wants answers for the following questions:-

1) Does £28500 salary qualifies in regards to his experince and qualifications?

2) if the above answer is no can anybody guide him to the link where the salary thresholds are mentioned as the previous link of UKBA is not working where they separately mentioned part qualified / qualified etc.

The employer is more then happy to sponsor him for Tier 2 as he has a A rated License.

Urgent help will be highly appreciated !!!

Valian Matthews
Newly Registered

Post by Valian Matthews » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Here is the link to the Occupational Codes updated from July 2013 -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

If I understand correctly, he should fall under the code 2421 - Chartered and certified accountants. The experienced salary level is £26,300. So ideally he should qualify.

Please make sure that the £28,500 is without non-guaranteed bonuses. So for instance, if he is actually on £26,000 and the non-guaranteed bonus is £2,500. His CoS will be deemed unsuccessful. As long as he is EARNING above £26,300 the application should be fine.

Cheers,
Valian

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Valian Matthews wrote:Here is the link to the Occupational Codes updated from July 2013 -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

If I understand correctly, he should fall under the code 2421 - Chartered and certified accountants. The experienced salary level is £26,300. So ideally he should qualify.

Please make sure that the £28,500 is without non-guaranteed bonuses. So for instance, if he is actually on £26,000 and the non-guaranteed bonus is £2,500. His CoS will be deemed unsuccessful. As long as he is EARNING above £26,300 the application should be fine.

Cheers,
Valian
Hi Valian many thanks for your reply.

I have some more questions from you if you can kindly answer them. My friend is going to join the firm on 1/09/2013

He is making an on-line application and the check list at the end of the form requires the following mandatory documents to be produced:

"Evidence of working. One or more of the following documents must be submitted.
Payslips covering the full specified period from your sponsor* YesNo
Personal bank statements showing payments made to you covering the full specified period from your sponsor* YesNo
Building society pass book showing payments made to you covering the full specified period from your sponsor* YesNo

He can not produce any of the above as he starts work on 1 Sept.

Q: Does he need to be working with his sponsor for a certain time limit when switching to Tier 2 from post study work.

Q: Can he produce instead employment contract etc.

Q: Is this a common ques faced by all new employees?

An Urgent reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Valian Matthews
Newly Registered

Post by Valian Matthews » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:33 pm

The main question here is when his visa expires. If it expires before 1st Sep, 2013 then the situation is slightly different.

If it doesn't and he is still on his PSW when he joins, then the contract of employment and just to back up the case a letter from the employers would work as evidence.

The CoS is where the employer will put down all the salary details, and seeing as I was screwed over because of an error from my company's side, I'd suggest this is what he pay attention to the most.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Valian Matthews wrote:The main question here is when his visa expires. If it expires before 1st Sep, 2013 then the situation is slightly different.

If it doesn't and he is still on his PSW when he joins, then the contract of employment and just to back up the case a letter from the employers would work as evidence.

The CoS is where the employer will put down all the salary details, and seeing as I was screwed over because of an error from my company's side, I'd suggest this is what he pay attention to the most.
Hi Valiant his visa is expiring on 23/09/2013 and he is going to apply in the last week of august probably. Do he have to show payslips which he dont have any as he has not started the job yet . Confusion is that he is doing the online application and this checklist is generated from the online system which is asking for proof of payments payslips etc . many thanks for you help

Valian Matthews
Newly Registered

Post by Valian Matthews » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 pm

As he won't have started at his new job, then he won't be able to produce payslips. What is required then is as I said a valid CoS at the very least - the number of which he will have to get from his employers.

I know postal applications are cheaper, but if he can afford it I would advise that he make an in-person application simply because if there are any queries they can be clarified on the spot.

In the current environment, the authorities are erring on the side of caution so its best to give them no chance to make errors.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Valian Matthews wrote:As he won't have started at his new job, then he won't be able to produce payslips. What is required then is as I said a valid CoS at the very least - the number of which he will have to get from his employers.

I know postal applications are cheaper, but if he can afford it I would advise that he make an in-person application simply because if there are any queries they can be clarified on the spot.

In the current environment, the authorities are erring on the side of caution so its best to give them no chance to make errors.

Many thanks Valian. Your advice is much appreciated.
cheers