ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:22 pm

When I asked Nationality how long would it take for the MN1 to be processed, he said 6 months.
Did you specifically point out that the application would be under section 1(3)?

The point is the such applications are dealt with quicker than other applications, because no UKBA discretion is involved.
John

naveedkamboh
Newly Registered

Post by naveedkamboh » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm

John wrote:pjunk, your child was born in the UK? If so, after you and/or your spouse get ILR, an application to Register the child as a British Citizen can be made, under section 1(3). That is an entitlement application .... no UKBA discretion involved!
Does any one know if this rule is still applicabale in 2012, that you can skip your UK born children ILR with yours and then apply for their MN1 ?

Kidnly let me know

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Does any one know if this rule is still applicabale in 2012, that you can skip your UK born children ILR with yours and then apply for their MN1 ?
The legislation remains unchanged.
John

jbm

Post by jbm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 pm

John wrote:
The legislation remains unchanged.
hello just wants to clear my mind here as i have applied for ILR in march 2012 as long residence and have not received any response back from HO yet. i have to apply for my wife flr m (currently on teir 1 dependent) as her leave expering on 17 august 2012 but i also have two uk born sons (both got tier 1 depentent leave to remain) . what will be their status if i not include them with my wife flr m application as their leave to remain will expire after 17 august 2012. i have no plan for travelling etc but once hopefully i got my ilr and i apply for thier BC regration MN1 will HO not ask me for my son non visa status?
i am confused with different opions on this matter please help!! thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:11 am

jbm wrote:what will be their status if i not include them with my wife flr m application as their leave to remain will expire after 17 august 2012. i have no plan for travelling etc but once hopefully i got my ilr and i apply for thier BC regration MN1 will HO not ask me for my son non visa status?
Their immigration status is irrelevant for BC registration application as they are UK born.
(the form asks for ILR date, but that question can be left empty if they don't have one. ILR or legal stay is not a requirement).

jbm

Post by jbm » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Jambo wrote:
jbm wrote:what will be their status if i not include them with my wife flr m application as their leave to remain will expire after 17 august 2012. i have no plan for travelling etc but once hopefully i got my ilr and i apply for thier BC regration MN1 will HO not ask me for my son non visa status?
Their immigration status is irrelevant for BC registration application as they are UK born.
(the form asks for ILR date, but that question can be left empty if they don't have one. ILR or legal stay is not a requirement).
thank Jambo, would we need to submit kids home country passports with MN1 applications?

hsmp_922

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

How do I answer the following question in the MN1 form which I am using to register my child for a British Passport?
Enter the date the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the parent is an EEA or Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national please ensure that they qualify for settled status.
I am going to get my ILR next week & I am not planning to include my daughter in the form - as the intention is to fill MN1 form after my application is approved.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 am

Is that the full quote of the question?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.