ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitpatel
India

Post by nikitpatel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Nearly end of week lets hope good news tomorrow. Have gr8 evening guys.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:14 pm

nikitpatel wrote:Nearly end of week lets hope good news tomorrow. Have gr8 evening guys.

Hello

We wish everybody have a good news from coming week.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 pm

How long does it take to get a reply from ukba after sending off requested documents ????

Wish every1 a wonderful and properious week ahead with great and fab news coming our way GOD BLESS

kuruvi

Post by kuruvi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:52 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:How long does it take to get a reply from ukba after sending off requested documents ????

Wish every1 a wonderful and properious week ahead with great and fab news coming our way GOD BLESS
They send my passport back in 3 days from request and some was waiting for more than 20 days. It is all depends on who handles it.

When you submit the request just do it as asked. Just the reference number and document you require. Also put the reference number and name in the email subject

InshaAllah
Newly Registered

Post by InshaAllah » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:How long does it take to get a reply from ukba after sending off requested documents ????

Hi ONLYME1, it takes 20 working days to respond but usually they send the requested docs before, i would suggest the solicitor should write them the request letter .
Good luck

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks guys am sorry you got the question wrong ukba wrote me to supply more document do they can decide my case now am asking after sending it to them how long does or will it take to get a decision?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Stay in faith...here is to a new week

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:39 am

Hebrew 11: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

By faith...we believe that this week many people on this forum shall receive good news. By faith we believe that UKBA is working tirelessly to sort out the backlog. By faith we believe that all shall be well. Amen...have a blessed week everyone.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:24 am

@Angel...hiya and welcome to the forum.Sorry about your refusal but I pray that they reverse their decision and grant u a stay.As for the appeal,a solicitor can go with you or can go by urself along with someone depending what the solicitor says.A friend of mine had to go by herself and by the grace of God the case was struck out of court.Please share a bit what were the reasons of the refusal??

@Nicki...Thanks Miss P!

@Crystal..Amen oo and may we be granted the visas in Jesus name!

@Bloggers....this thing about immigration causing headaches and heartaches at stations seems like it going on strong especially in East London.Few months ago,my friend happen to be getting out of the station at Holloway and the whoppers were waiting right inside the station before the barriers shouting "ID please".She pretended never heard anything and said the good part she was wearing sunglasses!I rebuke their slimy tendencies in Jesus name!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Keisha wrote:@Angel...hiya and welcome to the forum.Sorry about your refusal but I pray that they reverse their decision and grant u a stay.As for the appeal,a solicitor can go with you or can go by urself along with someone depending what the solicitor says.A friend of mine had to go by herself and by the grace of God the case was struck out of court.Please share a bit what were the reasons of the refusal??

@Nicki...Thanks Miss P!

@Bloggers....this thing about immigration causing headaches and heartaches at stations seems like it going on strong especially in East London.Few months ago,my friend happen to be getting out of the station at Holloway and the whoppers were waiting right inside the station before the barriers shouting "ID please".She pretended never heard anything and said the good part she was wearing sunglasses!I rebuke their slimy tendencies in Jesus name!
This ploy by the UKBA to scare people is so unfair, but we know one thing for sure it will only work out for the good of we immigrants!!!! I don't get it, are people supposed to go about with ids now?
It is Well!!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Time503 wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Angel...hiya and welcome to the forum.Sorry about your refusal but I pray that they reverse their decision and grant u a stay.As for the appeal,a solicitor can go with you or can go by urself along with someone depending what the solicitor says.A friend of mine had to go by herself and by the grace of God the case was struck out of court.Please share a bit what were the reasons of the refusal??

@Nicki...Thanks Miss P!

This ploy by the UKBA to scare people is so unfair, but we know one thing for sure it will only work out for the good of we immigrants!!!! I don't get it, are people supposed to go about with ids now?
It is Well!!!!
Thats the whole point that NOT! Nobody is required by law to carry ID
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Says it all! Civil liberties being eroded time and time again. Isn't this the same government that championed the scrapping of ID cards in order to restore civil liberties? Someone in office has an attention span of a goldfish. And frankly the whole idea of producing your BRP as ID repulses me as you are automatically treated like a second class citizen, why bother!!!! I better refrain from discussing my anti Tory views on this forum.
Good day to you all - All the best and hope the week brings some good news for us.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Thanks guys am sorry you got the question wrong ukba wrote me to supply more document do they can decide my case now am asking after sending it to them how long does or will it take to get a decision?
They took 2 weeks on my sisters decision afterssending more documents it been week for me so still waiting it could depend on the case worker or even department what's your CLS

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 pm

quote="verbina"]
Time503 wrote:

@Nicki...Thanks Miss P!

It is Well!!!!
Thats the whole point that NOT! Nobody is required by law to carry ID[/quote]

Hello my dear friend I have noticed its been about 4 months n still I havnt done your biometrics have u called to find out

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 pm

@ali09

Thanks for your reply and what do you mean cls? And how come they requested more documents and still refuse her?

tei123

Post by tei123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 pm

good afternoon guys...what do u guys think it going to happen after calling home office...

i just finished speaking to lady from home office,asked her the progress of my application and all she said was i have to carry on waiting,and i was like wow when is the waiting going to end so i guess she felt sorry for me so she said she was going to send the sheffield team an email on my behalf so she asked what i wanted her to write...i said i ve been waiting for more than 10months now and been left in limbo for all this while..the last correspondent i had was the biometric invitation which i did ever since i ve not heard anything plus i paid money for a service but i feel like the home office is not handling the process like a 1st world country but rather a 3rd world,my life has been put on hold and am not really happy about their services.

do u guys think it would go against my application? :( :( :(

DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:14 pm

@TEI123

do not worry you did the right thing and i dont think it will go against your application but bare in mind that some people have waited more months than you like me am on my 15th months but i am sure i wont be waiting any longer....

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:18 pm

hi@tei123 my time line is exactly like yours
applied :27 sept 2012
acknowledgement: 4 October 2012
biometric invitation : 19th feb 2013
biometric done : 21st feb 2013
decision : still waiting
applied under 7 year child rules, been in uk over 15 years and my child born here in uk and now nearly 10 years old

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@ali09

Thanks for your reply and what do you mean cls? And how come they requested more documents and still refuse her?
Am bottom of letter there be cls with number next to it like cls9 cls 13
And theyssaid some of the documents didn't prove her residence at start so they refused

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi tei123,
Be strong. I would urge you to get your MP and the ombudsman involved at this stage.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:27 pm

@ali90

when ukba ask for supporting document and you supply it and it proves what they want does this mean you will be granted??

on the letter i cant find any mine dont have it

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@ali90

when ukba ask for supporting document and you supply it and it proves what they want does this mean you will be granted??

on the letter i cant find any mine dont have it
Usually they should grant you if it proves and meet the requirements

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi lovely people!

Just need your opinions pls!

My case is a reconsideration since 2011. No reply since then till 2 weeks ago HO request for evidence my son is a british citizen. and I have sent his passport.

What are my chances and how soon will I get a decision? So fed up and tired. Any comment from experience would do plssssss!

Thanks

tei123

Post by tei123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:54 pm

@ ONLYME1= thanks for the response,all the best with your application

@ Shondra Sharma = our timeline are almost the same,we will be getting our good news together in Jesus name(isaiah allah)

@Believe2013=thanks for ur advice.what is the process of getting MP and Ombudsman involved pls?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 pm

@tei123 could you share your story if you dont' mind?

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 pm

@ali09

they asked for me to prove my mum is my mum so sent dna,birth cert and letters about me but addressed to her so this should prove what they want.

how long ago did you send yours off?