ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Process: Changing Jobs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aspirant09

British Citizenship Process: Changing Jobs

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply for naturatlization for me and family in the next week or so via the NCS service. In the next month or so, I might change jobs and would need to submit a copy of my ILR page to my new employer for the purpose of work authorization. My question is "Is that ok"? Your application to homeoffice doesn't affect anything else , does it?

thanks in advance.

rgds
:-)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 pm

That's fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:43 pm

thanks. Also, i have a susequent question - While applying at NCS I would mention Company A as my employer but by the time I get the approval letter i might be working for company B, is that ok as well?

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:22 am

hello, Can i just check that worst case scenario i will still have the ILR status? only asking beacuse i am applying at NCS this week and would change the job in the next month or so. Any Advice?
thanks

mealos

Post by mealos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

I think you are over-worrying yourself. Have you seen any section within naturalization guidance about you should be employed in the first place?

As long as you tick the boxes such as continuous residence, good character, etc no one will care if you are working in particular entity or the other one.

Once you have your ILR you are permanent residence until you leave UK for longer than 2 years or do something nasty to be stripped off of your status.

As long as you are able to prove it to your next employer (such as have them see the BRP and passport now before you submit them to Home Office) they can't intervene to your application. When you apply for naturalization you dont lose ILR temporarily, this is not visa category swap, mate.

If you are such concerned, you can apply via NCS and retain your documents.

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 am

many thanks for your reassuring reply. I think you are right in stating that i might be over worrying.
I was actually less worried about the HO asking about my job but was more thinking if my new employer will be ok with my work visa status during this transition but your answer suggests it should be ok so thanks again!
I am appying through NCS anyway.

Cheers