ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant (flro) on immigration control housing benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chanda786
Newly Registered

ILR dependant (flro) on immigration control housing benefit

Post by Chanda786 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Dear guru

I've got ILR and my husband is my dependant flro and on immigration control..he's still struggling to find work since he was granted visa..I'm claiming child benefit and tax credit as a joint applicant..i need your advise on housing benefit as we are planning to claim in future ... does it affect his future applications for extention and what are the chance of success for my housing benefit claim application.. ??

Please advise as your advise make my mind clear..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:06 pm

What country is he from?

You can claim housing benefit (joint claim) just make sure your applicable amount is not a couple amount.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Chanda786
Newly Registered

Post by Chanda786 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm

He's from Pakistan..

At the time of the claim application I will clarify his immigration status but I'm worried that they might refuse my claim as a single parent as we are living as a couple..is it true?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Chanda786 wrote:He's from Pakistan..

At the time of the claim application I will clarify his immigration status but I'm worried that they might refuse my claim as a single parent as we are living as a couple..is it true?
No, they should be able to award you a single person/lone parent amount as a council did in this recent case (click)
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Chanda786
Newly Registered

Post by Chanda786 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Many thanx Amber for all your guidance..

Last question me and my husband we both are unemployed, we have a two years old son and I'm also pregnant.. Is there any minimum earning requirement for claiming housing benefit as we don't hv any earnings..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm

No, if you're unemployed or unable to work you should be claiming JSA or ESA. If you are entitled to IB-JSA or IR-ESA you would get full housing benefit up to your allotted LHA amount.

Chanda786
Newly Registered

Post by Chanda786 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Thanx again for your prompt reply..

Chanda786
Newly Registered

Post by Chanda786 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Dear Amber
I just read your last post about jsa and ESA ... Sorry to trouble you again Im still confused about my husband immigration status before applying these kind of benefits that it might affect his future visa extension application..as these claims are joint claims..

Do you think I should apply for jsa in my situation? Is there any chance I can apply only for housing benefit without claiming jsa..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

If you're entitled to claim JSA you should, again you should be paid a single person rate but the application should be joint. You can claim HB without JSA though, you have no reason not to claim JSA. When your spouse comes to settle or extend, there may be financial requirements, until then, you should claim what you can.