ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tei123

Post by tei123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm

@ shondra sharma.. i came to UK in 2007 on a visit visa.overstayed till now,i have been with my British partner for nearly 3 and half years now,we only got married 01/12/12..i applied under other purpose...ie marriage and private life. what abt u?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:28 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@ali09

they asked for me to prove my mum is my mum so sent dna,birth cert and letters about me but addressed to her so this should prove what they want.

how long ago did you send yours off?

i sent mine on 26th and they received it on 29th. what about you?

and well if you have proved all the things they asked for then you surely should be granted

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 pm

@ali09

i sent mine on friday 2nd of august with recoreded delievery and just tracked it now and it says delivered......

well that should be enough prove for them.......i hope we all get granted i pray.......it will be really harsh for them to ask for document and still refuse you what do you think?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 pm

trendy201 wrote:Hi lovely people!

Just need your opinions pls!

My case is a reconsideration since 2011. No reply since then till 2 weeks ago HO request for evidence my son is a british citizen. and I have sent his passport.

What are my chances and how soon will I get a decision? So fed up and tired. Any comment from experience would do plssssss!

Thanks
dear ,your change is 100 % insha allahu.i could see you smiling before end of this month .Ameen

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm

@ yahwadud, you u've just lifted ma spirit as I have been so down. thanks.

Do you think I should call them just to get an update again. seen as it has been over 2 weeks I sent the document they requested. thanks?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Don't call them .just keep praying and leave the rest to Allah.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 pm

@trendy

When they requested the document did your caseworker include a sticker with his or her name on it with your refference number and address where to send it too? If ur caseworker did then you will surely hear from them anytime this week but if they didn't it will take time to get to your case worker

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 pm

tei123 wrote:good afternoon guys...what do u guys think it going to happen after calling home office...

i just finished speaking to lady from home office,asked her the progress of my application and all she said was i have to carry on waiting,and i was like wow when is the waiting going to end so i guess she felt sorry for me so she said she was going to send the sheffield team an email on my behalf so she asked what i wanted her to write...i said i ve been waiting for more than 10months now and been left in limbo for all this while..the last correspondent i had was the biometric invitation which i did ever since i ve not heard anything plus i paid money for a service but i feel like the home office is not handling the process like a 1st world country but rather a 3rd world,my life has been put on hold and am not really happy about their services.

do u guys think it would go against my application? :( :( :(

DID ANYONE APPLY SAME TIME AS ME????

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting
Yes! My time line is exactly same as yours...no decision yet..

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:40 pm

cookies wrote:
ONLYME1 wrote:@cookies

Your welcome :) n on what basis did you apply? Just timescale looking good despite ur case been straight or not .... Others waited over 5months to get biometric but urs 13days :o cool I think your application will be dealth with quicker just be possitive

Cases we class as not straight forward is pretty much straight to some caseworkers :)
Well, quick summary of my case is that I've overstayed back in 2010 due to being pregnant - I've been in a relationship with my partner since 2009. And we are applying just now after 3 years. Both my daughter and partner are Scottish/British. I filed under 8L "other reasons" on the FLR(O) form.[/quot
@ Cookies did you use a solicitor? am in same situation as you but have no money for paying solicitors and need to apply ASAP. thanks

zim9ja
Newly Registered

Post by zim9ja » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 pm

akhope wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason iI was granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my appeal was initially refused and I win my case at the court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .
Hi

Congratulations on getting your visa. It's good to know they grant it still. My name is Angel and my visa has been refused I have filed an appeal and I haven't got the schedule yet as to when the hearing will be. Would it be okay if you tell me about your experience and if you ha your solicitor come it with you? To tell you briefly, I came here as a Tier 4 dependent but my husband was violent. We got divorced and I now have a British partner. I applied flro on march 2012 refused June 2013. Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

I applied for flr o in July 2012, based on right to family life,my wife and kids are British ,I'm an overstayer for some reason I chose not to renew my student visa,to got be the Glory I'd sleepless night crying on to The Lord,th e only thing I could do is to play football 24/7,with different groups at a point a white gentleman as if I leave on d pitch shame I couldn't explain my predicament to him,obviously working illegally wasn't an option for me,on August 15th 2013 my wife went to hospital to have a baby,behold I was on my kneels praying and praising The Lord for safe delivery,not knowing HO was busy making decision on my case,on 17ths of August my wife got discharged from hospital with a beautiful baby,I heard a massive knock on d door,I went ,like TV license or wetin',I open up and d gentleman gave me a letter with my full name,dem", I went like pls don't go,I opened it it was my leave to remain,I jump at him with a massive hug,few hours later my favourite postman came royal,they returned all d 61 family pics and few documentation I used to support my application,God is great ,sincerely I wept tears of joy,my shirt got soaked,if u want to know more...Part two,...

I exchanged couple of letters with my MPand HO,...I wish u all d Best.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am

zim9ja wrote:
akhope wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason iI was granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my appeal was initially refused and I win my case at the court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .
Hi

Congratulations on getting your visa. It's good to know they grant it still. My name is Angel and my visa has been refused I have filed an appeal and I haven't got the schedule yet as to when the hearing will be. Would it be okay if you tell me about your experience and if you ha your solicitor come it with you? To tell you briefly, I came here as a Tier 4 dependent but my husband was violent. We got divorced and I now have a British partner. I applied flro on march 2012 refused June 2013. Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

I applied for flr o in July 2012, based on right to family life,my wife and kids are British ,I'm an overstayer for some reason I chose not to renew my student visa,to got be the Glory I'd sleepless night crying on to The Lord,th e only thing I could do is to play football 24/7,with different groups at a point a white gentleman as if I leave on d pitch shame I couldn't explain my predicament to him,obviously working illegally wasn't an option for me,on August 15th 2013 my wife went to hospital to have a baby,behold I was on my kneels praying and praising The Lord for safe delivery,not knowing HO was busy making decision on my case,on 17ths of August my wife got discharged from hospital with a beautiful baby,I heard a massive knock on d door,I went ,like TV license or wetin',I open up and d gentleman gave me a letter with my full name,dem", I went like pls don't go,I opened it it was my leave to remain,I jump at him with a massive hug,few hours later my favourite postman came royal,they returned all d 61 family pics and few documentation I used to support my application,God is great ,sincerely I wept tears of joy,my shirt got soaked,if u want to know more...Part two,...

I exchanged couple of letters with my MPand HO,...I wish u all d Best.
.congrats pal.fantistic news.were u granted lat year august or what?

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am

@onlyme thanks for the info. and am not 2 sure if the case worker attached any stickers as it was addressed to my solicitor. would find out.

@yawadhud thanks again would try to wait and see. hope I hear from them sooner than later.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:54 am

trendy201 wrote:@onlyme thanks for the info. and am not 2 sure if the case worker attached any stickers as it was addressed to my solicitor. would find out.

@yawadhud thanks again would try to wait and see. hope I hear from them sooner than later.
If you got the sticker then your solicitor would. Have put the sticker on the envelope n which he/she sent documents

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 am

good morning fellow bloggers ....its another day.. i pray to almighty God that as the caseworkers begin to work on our applications the lord almighty will give them clarity of minds and they shall grant us our visas in jesus name.....i urge our muslim brothers and sisters to use dis ramadan to pray for everyone.. ....MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND SHOW US MERCY.....

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 am

yummymummy3j wrote:good morning fellow bloggers ....its another day.. i pray to almighty God that as the caseworkers begin to work on our applications the lord almighty will give them clarity of minds and they shall grant us our visas in jesus name.....i urge our muslim brothers and sisters to use dis ramadan to pray for everyone.. ....MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND SHOW US MERCY.....
Amen to that....

astro123

Post by astro123 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 am

[quote="zim9ja"][quote="akhope"][quote="yahwadud"]Hello forum members. I just want to share little testimony and advice to you all.i applied for my flr(o) on the 17 jan 2012,same day that I was arrested working illegally.my application was refused on 26 march 2013 which I thought was the most saddest of my life because I prayed and fasted for days for a successful outcome. Luckily for me,I was given a right of appeal which I did lodge through my lawyer few days after my refusal and I got my appeal hearing date after two months.my appeal date was listed for 31st of July 2013 but I took a gamble by emailing the first tier tribunal to kindly expedite my hearing date and luckily for me,my gamble paid off and I was given an earlier date for 5th may 2013. The appeal date finally arrived and insha allahu(by god grace ) it went well and I received appeal determination after three week that my appeal has been allowed . Yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that BRP has arrived and told me I was granted 3 yrs under the old rule as you all were now aware of. And the only reason iI was granted 3 yrs discretion is simply because my appeal was initially refused and I win my case at the court. According to the new rule in place since 09 July 2012,I am suppose to be granted 2.5 (10 year route) but simply because I was refused initially and took home office to court,I still fall under the old rule. The lesson I want you all to learn is that,what ever happen to us in life,it has a reason from allah(god). God is a good god and he answered our prayers in disguise.i was crying and thought my prayers and fasting was never answered without knowing that god has a better reason why I was initially refused . Please learn from my experience .[/quote]

Hi

Congratulations on getting your visa. It's good to know they grant it still. My name is Angel and my visa has been refused I have filed an appeal and I haven't got the schedule yet as to when the hearing will be. Would it be okay if you tell me about your experience and if you ha your solicitor come it with you? To tell you briefly, I came here as a Tier 4 dependent but my husband was violent. We got divorced and I now have a British partner. I applied flro on march 2012 refused June 2013. Thanks and looking forward to your reply.[/quote][color=green][/color]

I exchanged couple of letters with my MPand HO,...I wish u all d Best.[/quote]

Congratulations Zim9ja , were you granted 17 august 2012 or when, because 17 august 2013 hasn't arrived yet. Congrats again enjoy your freedom with your family.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]Afternoon,

I am sure on the form there is a section whereby you have to declare whether or not you are working. So if you are its best to be as honest as possible because you need to survive albeit breaking the law but you are not being a burden on the public pursue (I am not condoning illegal working by the way) You will have to provide them with payslips P60 NI records etc so they know you are working anyways. Should they stop you, call your lawyer if you have one or always have your Home office reference number in your wallet or phone or perhaps a scanned copy of the acknowledgement or refusal/appeal letter or what ever documentation you have. To frustrate them [b]YOU COULD EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT[/b] that really winds them up!!!! They have to release you if you have an active case and have not absconded reporting ( if you are required to do so). It only becomes a problem if you hadn't given yourself up to the authorities so they have every right to detain you and will initiate removal procedures.

it's quite degrading to be singled out in public just by looks. Its morally wrong and I think that's what we call beloved!! You can't break the law to enforce the law! beloved is a crime and it's rife within the Home Office![/quote]

@Believe2013

Thank you for nice analysis.
As we know overstayer/illegal are not allowed to work. If any body overstayer/illegal found in work employer should be penalise 10k. If an overstaer/illegal submit application for regularise their status and submit p60, the HO will found easily the employer has given work to overstayer/illegal person. This p60 should be a concrete proof to penalise for them. The question is if overstayer/illegal has no right of work why HO wants p60 from them when submit application. As we know most of them have casual work to survive. I wish your pedantic opinion here.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:17 pm

@Shareen - Good day to you. When you submit your application you have to declare whether or not you are working right? If you declare no and then produce a P60 you have massively scored an own goal. P60 will constitute part of your evidence of your ties to the UK. You overstayed your visa but what were you doing in that period of time - You were working, paying tax and not being a burden on the public purse (small plus but they won't tell you that just in case it sends out the wrong message) The key is you have made yourself known to the authorities and given yourself up so the discretion is theirs to make. I cant give you any guarantees that they won't prosecute your employer or former employer, perhaps leniency is a very fair reward for your honesty even though you are in breach of immigration rules. Very tough question to answer though.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:52 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:good morning fellow bloggers ....its another day.. i pray to almighty God that as the caseworkers begin to work on our applications the lord almighty will give them clarity of minds and they shall grant us our visas in jesus name.....i urge our muslim brothers and sisters to use dis ramadan to pray for everyone.. ....MAY GOD BLESS US ALL AND SHOW US MERCY.....
Amen to that. Been bitting my finger nails all day , sitting on my usually morning spot smiling at the postman with hope.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:59 pm

@sarah dear very soon the nail biting will stop in jesus name... the postman will have no choice but to deliver our visas in jesus name.... can you share yr story pls

mummytwo

Beware of Fraudsters

Post by mummytwo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:10 pm

My dear people

How are you all, I hope you are having a nice time?

Please be careful of where and how you divulge your information, I want to share my experience with you and I honestly dont know if this was a random act or pre-meditated. For starters apart from this forum, I have NEVER had a chat or the sorts with anyone regarding immigration issues so am still at a loss as to how it happened.

A random guy suddenly called me with unknown number during my lunch break. Telling me about UKBA and how if I paid a certain amount I could be granted automatic british citizenship.

He started with ''can I speak to the owner of the phone?'' My initial thought was bloody PPI people... and in my sternest voice I said ''YES,WHAT DO YOU WANT?''

He a very thick accent that ,I had to strain my ears to hear the little I could deduce from his one-sided conversation. When he mentioned automatic pathway to british citizenship,I just knew he was a damn fluke and I just told him to get lost.

I am still in shock really, but not bothered, cos God is in charge.

summer2013

Re: Beware of Fraudsters

Post by summer2013 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:30 pm

mummytwo wrote:My dear people

Please be careful of where and how you divulge your information, I want to share my experience with you and I honestly dont know if this was a random act or pre-meditated. For starters apart from this forum, I have NEVER had a chat or the sorts with anyone regarding immigration issues so am still at a loss as to how it happened.

A random guy suddenly called me with unknown number during my lunch break. Telling me about UKBA and how if I paid a certain amount I could be granted automatic british citizenship.

He started with ''can I speak to the owner of the phone?'' My initial thought was bloody PPI people... and in my sternest voice I said ''YES,WHAT DO YOU WANT?''

He a very thick accent that ,I had to strain my ears to hear the little I could deduce from his one-sided conversation. When he mentioned automatic pathway to british citizenship,I just knew he was a damn fluke and I just told him to get lost.

very strange!!! wondering who this people are? some who work for UKBA and are trying to make money? or what could it be?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm

summer2013 wrote:

very strange!!! wondering who this people are? some who work for UKBA and are trying to make money? or what could it be?

Summer2013 dear, seriously that also crossed my mind too! I mean, its just too strange. Too strange. Anyway, God is in charge, let them keep it up.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:25 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]@Shareen - Good day to you. When you submit your application you have to declare whether or not you are working right? If you declare no and then produce a P60 you have massively scored an own goal. P60 will constitute part of your evidence of your ties to the UK. You overstayed your visa but what were you doing in that period of time - You were working, paying tax and not being a burden on the public purse (small plus but they won't tell you that just in case it sends out the wrong message) The key is you have made yourself known to the authorities and given yourself up so the discretion is theirs to make. I cant give you any guarantees that they won't prosecute your employer or former employer, perhaps leniency is a very fair reward for your honesty even though you are in breach of immigration rules. Very tough question to answer though.[/quote]

Hi Believe2013

Thank you again for analysis.

socrates

Post by socrates » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:08 pm

@MUMMYTWO, If it is not someone who knows about you, your immigration matter or phone number, then my suggestion is that either the person is connected to your solicitor, or someone at the UKBA is at it. Permit me if I am wrong, but that is the only possible three angles this might arise from, no more no less. We all have to be careful of evil people who take advantage of innocent people in this world. We just have to be careful. God bless you and Good luck to everyone