ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credit wrong decision

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipmm2000d

Tax credit wrong decision

Post by dipmm2000d » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi
If any expert can help me regarding my child and working tax claim. I applied in mid April for tax credit and after waiting for 3 and half months I was asked to provide them my passport, my residency documents etc along with to answer some question. The deadline to submit these is 27 August 2013 and they received my documents on 30 th July and got back my documents on 5 th if August . Surprisingly I also received a letter on 5 th August dated 29 th July that as I failed to provide documents they asked for do I am not entitled to get the tax credit , they gave me right of appeal. Most surprisingly i called them 30th July to know the progress of the claim and the lady asked whether I received the letter regarding extra documents or not and I told them I sent to them already.

Now the question is how the tax office takes the decision like that ? What are my best options? I have all the proof of posting and their letter about the deadline . Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 am

You should put your appeal in and in that explain you've sent the required documents (with copy of their acknowledgment). Also write a complaint and go to your local CAB who can put in a request for an emergency payment and they'll help you with the appeal/complaint.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.