ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by dealwithambiguity » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Hello guys,

I tried searching answer for these questions everywhere, but no joy as of yet.
Question 1: If I am switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 general will I be considered as new entrant or experienced worker?

Question 2: Is it mandatory for the sponsor to show funds for their employee?

Question 3: What is the turn around time for the visa?

Sorry :( if this has been answered in this forum already and I missed it somehow.

Some additional information: I have been working with this company for more than a year now.

Kind Regards :D

ramya80
Newly Registered

Post by ramya80 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm

1-only if you're under 25 years old you'll be a new entrant else you are considered as experienced

2-No its optional

3-no idea

fsix
Newly Registered

Post by fsix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I guess this is the information we have all been looking for

I found this on;

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... p#tier_two

Post-study work exemption from the resident labour market test

Post-study workers

If you have or were most recently granted immigration permission under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work), or as a participant in the International Graduates Scheme or the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, your employer is not required to carry out the resident labour market test. However, the job must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement. You qualify for the lower new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK.

Students

You are also exempt from the resident labour market test, qualify for the new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK if you meet all of the following requirements:

you have or were most recently granted student immigration permission (this includes Tier 4 leave and student, Student Union sabbatical officer and postgraduate doctor or dentist leave under the Rules that preceded Tier 4)
you have completed at least 12 months of study in the UK towards a UK PhD, or you have completed and passed a UK recognised Bachelor's or Master's degree or a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE) – if you do not have your certificate, you can submit other evidence (academic transcript or reference) that must meet the requirements in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance
you studied this course at a UK recognised or listed body or at an institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence (and that is still on the register of Tier 4 sponsors on the date on which you obtain your qualification)
you studied this course during your most recent period of immigration permission (leave) or during a period of continuous leave that includes this most most recent period of leave
you carried out your study or research for this course when you had immigration permission that did not prevent you from studying or carrying out research in the UK

The requirement that you must have studied your degree, PGCE or PGDE during a period of continous leave that includes your most recent period of immigration permission means that you can rely on a degree, PGCE or PGDE you completed earlier, even if you are now studying for or have obtained a different qualification. If you did not have immigration permission throughout that period, the gaps between your periods of immigration permission must be no more than 28 days.

Although your job is exempt from the resident labour market test, it must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement

I ALSO SPOKE TO UKBA AND THEY ALSO CONFIRMED THAT POST STUDY WORK VISA HOLDERS CAN APPLY AS NEW ENTRANTS WITH NO AGE RESTRICTION!!

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Post by dealwithambiguity » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Ramya and Fsix. Appreciated!!

@Fsix: I made an inquiry with few agencies and they are confirming that PSW visa holders above age 26 will be considered as experienced worker.
It may be that they don't know about it or may be the reply in that link you provided is misleading.

Could you please genuinely confirm that we will be considered as new entrant, please don't bluff this is quite important? (Sorry I don't mean to be rude :))

I need to approach my company asap to kick start my visa process.

Thanks in advance.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

fsix
Newly Registered

Post by fsix » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Well from that link and from speaking to UKBA who initially weren't sure and had to get back to me via email as there was no provision made for post study work visa holder in any of the statements released.

They confirmed as it is in the UKCISA link, that post study visa holders will be classed as new entrants.

I also want to add that post study work visa can not in my opinion be used as a a measure of classifying experienced workers because not all post study visa holders actually work as you know it is a self sponsored visa.

Where as in the case of a Tier 2 visa(employer sponsored), you are actually sponsored by a company and you can only remain on that visa whilst you are still employed hence why there is an expectation to progress within your job role in terms of your salary and experience

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 am

fsix wrote:Well from that link and from speaking to UKBA who initially weren't sure and had to get back to me via email as there was no provision made for post study work visa holder in any of the statements released.

They confirmed as it is in the UKCISA link, that post study visa holders will be classed as new entrants.

I also want to add that post study work visa can not in my opinion be used as a a measure of classifying experienced workers because not all post study visa holders actually work as you know it is a self sponsored visa.

Where as in the case of a Tier 2 visa(employer sponsored), you are actually sponsored by a company and you can only remain on that visa whilst you are still employed hence why there is an expectation to progress within your job role in terms of your salary and experience
Oh. I booked a slot on May 3rd. I am on PSW visa and aged 29 years. I am thinking as I will be coming under new entrant and started to prepare documentation. After looking at this forum, I am stucked and cant able to decide what i have to do. My company cant increase my pay if i come under experienced entrant. pls help in this. Will I be coming under new entrant ? pls

ann771

Post by ann771 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 am

Hi godistrue, why dont you get your HR to contact home office business support line on 0300 123 4699 and get answer to your question? I think this is the best way to get correct information and prepare for your apointment..
i am searching answer to similar query for a friend, so please update us on what the HO staff says about you eligibility as new entrant/ experienced.

Thanks
Ann

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

ann771 wrote:Hi godistrue, why dont you get your HR to contact home office business support line on 0300 123 4699 and get answer to your question? I think this is the best way to get correct information and prepare for your apointment..
i am searching answer to similar query for a friend, so please update us on what the HO staff says about you eligibility as new entrant/ experienced.

Thanks
Ann
there is no HR department at all. No 1 bothers about any things. I have to do all my myself. Its a small company

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Post by dealwithambiguity » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:52 pm

@Fsix: Ace, you are LEGEND! You truly made some sense here. I suppose PSW visa holders will be considered as new entrant. My best pick would be contact UKBA asap and confirm it with them so I can proceed with my visa process.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dealwithambiguity
Newly Registered

Post by dealwithambiguity » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 pm

All psw visa holders who are still wondering whether we are new entrant or experienced worker here is the link.. go to page 40 and you will get the answer.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

YES it is confirmed, we are new entrant! :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers!

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:14 am

dealwithambiguity wrote:All psw visa holders who are still wondering whether we are new entrant or experienced worker here is the link.. go to page 40 and you will get the answer.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

YES it is confirmed, we are new entrant! :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers!
Thanks for the info. But from the link you provided it doesnt show the age criteria for post study work holders. still we can assume that post study workers who are aged more than 25 can come under new entrant..

sibychan007
Newly Registered

Post by sibychan007 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Dear friends...

Did anyone manage to find the correct answer whether PSW visa holders considered as new entrants.. Did anyone successfully switched over from PSW to Tier 2 who is 26 years or more??

Many thanks

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:10 am

sibychan007 wrote:Dear friends...

Did anyone manage to find the correct answer whether PSW visa holders considered as new entrants.. Did anyone successfully switched over from PSW to Tier 2 who is 26 years or more??

Many thanks
Last month, I moved from PSW to Tier 2 visa. I am 29 years old and I applied as new entrant. No worries.

ABCD12345
Newly Registered

Post by ABCD12345 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Chirag85

Post by Chirag85 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm

godistrue wrote:

Many thanks
Last month, I moved from PSW to Tier 2 visa. I am 29 years old and I applied as new entrant. No worries.
i please can you confirm if it is necessary to submit 6 months pay slips?

tearOne
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 switching

Post by tearOne » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 am

godistrue wrote:

Many thanks

I wonder if you can share your story here to all of us. This can help those who are switching or intended to switch from PSW to Tier2.

Things you may share are like

1. requirements for sponsor application and documents

AFTER sponsor approval and in Tier 2 Application.

2. what salary they advertised?
3. are you already working with the same company or it was new job?
4. how much salary you were drawing before Tier 2 application?
5. time taken by UKBA for application processing

Thanks