ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Situation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vivekmarwah

Cohabitation Situation

Post by vivekmarwah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 am

Dear All

I need one advise for a situation. My friend had applied for ILR last week. He has been asked to submit cohabitation docs. He does not have any documents which has his and her wife name. He has a daughter who was born in UK. He does want to apply for her ILR as he will be applying directly for British Passport once he gets the ILR. The query is "Can he use his daughter birth certificate which has his and his wife name and current address". The birth certificate is 1.5 years old.

Apart from the above, could he use:

"Letter issued from GP in the name of his wife"
"Electoral Letter confirming her wife is registered at this address"
"Bank statement in his wife name"
"Electricity Bill in his wife name"

He needs three form of evidence. Please advise which will be most relevant.

Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:35 am

For roughly every 4 months of the last 2 years you need to supply: one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.

It's the date on the letter that's important. They need to get digging to find anything even junk mail at a push.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vivekmarwah

Post by vivekmarwah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks Amber. Hence, in this situation as he does not have any of those, what are his options:

"Could he use his daughter birth certificate even if he is not applying for her daughter visa".

In worst case scenario, he will get ILR but he would need to get Tier 1 extension for his wife and later apply for her ILR separately once he is able to collect appropriate Cohabitation evidence.

As he has already paid ILR fees for his wife, i believe at worst his wife wifa could be rejected. However, as he has 14 days to respond on Cohabitation, he can submit whatever he has and see if it works.

Please advise.

Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

If the electric bills and bank statements are in his wife's name over the two years that will suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

vivekmarwah wrote:Thanks Amber. Hence, in this situation as he does not have any of those, what are his options:

"Could he use his daughter birth certificate even if he is not applying for her daughter visa".

In worst case scenario, he will get ILR but he would need to get Tier 1 extension for his wife and later apply for her ILR separately once he is able to collect appropriate Cohabitation evidence.

As he has already paid ILR fees for his wife, i believe at worst his wife wifa could be rejected. However, as he has 14 days to respond on Cohabitation, he can submit whatever he has and see if it works.

Please advise.

Kind Regards
He can provide the letters you have mentioned including birth certificate. The ideal thing would be to have letters with both names but since he does not have them the next best thing would be to provide letters in separate names both himself and the wife roughly around the same dates. You can also provide bank statements with separate names but same address for the same period.
If he still has some time ask him to get some free insurance quotes in both names which can be included with the letters.