ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GARDA SAID NO PARKING RECORD.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MakingProgress
Newly Registered

GARDA SAID NO PARKING RECORD.

Post by MakingProgress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:37 am

Hi guys, i will be applying for citizenship tomorrow. I remembered receiving a parking fine in my old address back in 2010 from Cork City Council. My friend drove my car and i got a parking fine in my name. I never paid, i insisted my friend should pay this fine since he was the one that used the car. He promised he will..

But from talking to him last night and asking him the truth if he paid or not, he finally told me the truth that he never paid the fine. So this morning i went to Garda station in my new address so they can check any fine or or court sermon..

So they took my name and date and birth and went into their system and the lady came back saying here is no PARKING FINE OR COURT SERMON whatsoever in my name. I sure got a parking fine. How does this background check works?

Garda said no fine at all..... Strange!!!

DoctorBen
- thin ice -

Post by DoctorBen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:03 pm

For double confirmation, Call department of transport on: 01-67074444 OR 096-78288 OR
RSA on: 1890290100, give them your car reg and ask them if there is any parking ticket in their database against ur car.
Good Luck

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:30 pm

to my knowledge Parking Fines issued by Council Traffic Wardens do not get Recorded with the Guards PULSE System , unless taken to court . so to ease your mind i would suggest if you can contact your Local Garda Station at your Previous Adress in Cork , and if there's anything at all in Relation to that matter it would show up at the Garda station where the offence took place as it is the originator of such records if there's any .

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:04 pm

adelmurray wrote:to my knowledge Parking Fines issued by Council Traffic Wardens do not get Recorded with the Guards PULSE System , unless taken to court . so to ease your mind i would suggest if you can contact your Local Garda Station at your Previous Adress in Cork , and if there's anything at all in Relation to that matter it would show up at the Garda station where the offence took place as it is the originator of such records if there's any .
That is very correct.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

MakingProgress
Newly Registered

Post by MakingProgress » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Thank you very much guys.

I've never lived in cork. My friend took my car to cork and i received ticket in my previous address still in Dublin. Ticket was from City Council Cork. I will contact GARDA from my previous address still in Dublin. I believe GARDA have a centralised database. GARDA station anywhere in the country should be able to see your record.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:22 pm

MakingProgress wrote:Thank you very much guys.

I've never lived in cork. My friend took my car to cork and i received ticket in my previous address still in Dublin. Ticket was from City Council Cork. I will contact GARDA from my previous address still in Dublin. I believe GARDA have a centralised database. GARDA station anywhere in the country should be able to see your record.
Garda stations have a different Log where they record some matters that do not need to be recorded in PULSE System , Only what is Recorded on PULSE System can be accessed by any Guard anywhere in the Country . however i doubt that you will find anything Recorded . my Advise to you is and it all Depends on how long ago you Received the Ticket , if it is Recently or last few Months i would Contact Crock County Council and Explain the situation and tell them that u r willing to Pay the Fine , just so if there's any Proceedings they may have started it can stop.

MakingProgress
Newly Registered

Post by MakingProgress » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 am

Hello All,

I'm very happy to report back to everyone who has advised me to contact the Cork County Council. I gave them a call this morning with the reference number for the parking fine. The lady i spoke with over the phone checked and came back saying that i should not bother at all, the fine is no longer active since October 2011.(MIRACLE?) So therefore, i don't have a pay any fine at all...No court sermon was issued..

wow! citizenship activated... clean record all round. :lol: :lol:

Citizenship Application posted this morning... wish me luck guys.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm

good luck plz update your application with us