ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 waiting time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcsiga
United Kingdom

EEA2 waiting time

Post by marcsiga » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi All !!
Past few months I am reading the post on this forum buy I just had the courage to register today :)
My partner and I applied for EEA" RC on 11/02/2013 and HO received it on 12/02/2013.We are not married yet :( My partner's visa run out by the time we applied.
We sent many documents what was required and photos..to prove our durable relationship. We are together past 3 years and we are engaged.
Only few weeks left and we did not get any sign from them. Do I need to worry?!!
Is it a good idea to contact them or shall I just wait until 12/08/2013 ?
Thanks for reading my post. :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm glad you took the courage to join.

I would be inclined to expedite a decision, so yes, go ahead and ask them.

marcsiga
United Kingdom

Post by marcsiga » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks for ur respond :P
Basically our story is not that simple.

In 2011 May(2 years ago) my fiance's visa got expired, he was a student we applied for the student visa..but there was no sign from HO until 2012 May (after a Year) we got a refusal saying, that the college been removed from their Highly Trusted List... we were absolutely shocked because we spent money, time, effort...etc...stress.. And my fiance was going regularly to college. He went to director of the college and question them about the status of the college and even they weren't aware of that Home Office took them off from the list. So we appealed but again got refused..and I need to mention that we find another college and by the time we appeal (2011 August) the college was on the list and when we got the decision in 2013 January with the help of the local MP.
Meanwhile we had his passport back in July 2011 so being engaged I thought it would be a good idea to book appointment for our wedding..so we can plan our life ahead.I made some phone calls and been informed that to book appointment for wedding u need to have both of ur passports. So that's the reason that as soon we got the passport i urged to register office to book appointment. And now comes the worst part of the story. They thought that we are not a genuine couple so the called UKBA removal people and the took my fiance to detention center and kept him for a night and just with a help of a solicitor and of course a ridiculous amount I could bring him out. That day was my worst day so far:(((( And we saw his passport last time when we went to register office.
Just to go back to my story... We appealed in August 2012
Home office totally ignored Us. We got another refusal because they removed the new college as well from their list.
Having said the first college was removed in May 2012 and we appealed in August 2012 by the time we sent off the appeal with the new college they put back the college on their list!!!!!!! And that's when we decided to go on with the EEA2 app..When we applied in February 2013 for EEA2 permit, we didnt send his passport coz we dont have it. We sent only my passport. Since then counting the days..and I really dont know what i should do...
So thats my story :(((( I really hope it was understandable to read it.. I am full of emotion and it does effect our life that we dont know what is going to happen..I scare to contact them beacuse I dont know what they gonna say. Thanks for reading it and waiting for reply .

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 pm

If you contact them, you will find out. If you choose not to, you will just need to wait for a decision. I can understand why you might be nervous, but contacting them will not adversely affect the outcome.

marcsiga
United Kingdom

Post by marcsiga » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 am

I think i am just going to wait another 2 weeks and then gonna contact them. My only worry, what if the lost the passport:(( What can happen in that situation? Any idea?

marcsiga
United Kingdom

Post by marcsiga » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:52 am

1.Any IDEA what will happen if HO lost the passport?

2.How long HO can keep our passport?

We don't have my partners passport past 2 years!

Please, IF any of u could give me some reply! Thanks a lot

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

That day was my worst day so far:(((( And we saw his passport last time when we went to register office.
Can you re-iterate how his passport got missing because from the above i understand that you last saw his passport when you went to the Registrar's office to register you marriage??

marcsiga
United Kingdom

Post by marcsiga » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Davmck70 wrote:That day was my worst day so far:(((( And we saw his passport last time when we went to register office.
Can you re-iterate how his passport got missing because from the above i understand that you last saw his passport when you went to the Registrar's office to register you marriage??
Yes, U understand well. Unfortunately,The day we went to register office UKBA officers came they took my partner and the last time we saw th passport was when we gave to officers to book appointment. since then we didn't see his passport..and no idea where it could be, We applied EEA2 but we did not attach his passport and in covering letter we explained what happened. It's weird that there is no sign from HO at all and We don't even know where is his passport. This Sunday(11th August) will be 6 months that we applied..I have bad feelings:(

marcsiga
United Kingdom

Post by marcsiga » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Anyone know how long Home Office can keep our passport? Is that normal that they have it more than 2 Years??Please Guru's give me some light :)

Victoriajam

Post by Victoriajam » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm

It is definitely not normal. Now that your 6 months are over, please contact them. I would write something along the lines of the legally allowed processing time has passed and therefore you request that your application will be decided asap. Further you demand to know about the wherabouts of your partner's passport. Ask them to give you these information asap. I would also officially complain. Seems without pressure you wont get anywhere. You dont need to be rude to them but there is no harm in being determined. After all you must be desperate to get that sorted.

In case they tell you they have lost the passport you will have to apply for a replacement at your embassy. But I would let the HO check first if it is on their system (i.e. in their possession).